Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: South Pacific race using FSX warbirds  (Read 3523 times)

Offline Longknife

South Pacific race using FSX warbirds
« on: January 19, 2017, 01:42:39 AM »
I am a big fan of the A2A stuff as well but dont have the B17. Last year I competed in a race through the South Pacific using warbirds in FSX. The race was really quite fun. Flown with real weather & no GPS, the only instruments allowed were those that were originally mounted on your aircraft of choice. Not that there are many VORs in the south pacific anyway so most of the flying was done using pilotage & dead reckoning. Some of the hops were quite short. Others covered long overwater flights). We used an ACARS program to keep track of our flights & had to post them. Best time in each class won. The ACARS report looked like this.

My 2 chosen mounts were the A2A P40 & P47.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Re: South Pacific race using FSX warbirds
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2017, 02:28:41 AM »
Nice.

I have read about quite a few of these races but never took part.

Thanks for posting this    :)
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Longknife

Re: South Pacific race using FSX warbirds
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2017, 03:11:40 AM »
If you are into this sort of thing you really should check it out. They hold a couple races a year & each race is different with various locations around the globe & different aircraft requirements but generally vintage stuff. This particular race was warbirds only. I believe there were around 40 competitors & aircraft entries ran the gamut from DC3's to Spitfires & everything in between. I ran the race twice once from south to north & then the return hop in a different aircraft.

The races are organized at Sim Outhouse look in the round the world race subforum. I believe they are doing a round the world baton type race right now.

I am not sure how much longer SOH will be up though. Ron "Ickie" Larson the guy that ran the site passed away suddenly a cpl weeks ago. I would imagine someone will pick up the baton though as SOH is one of THE FS sites to go to especially for vintage stuff. Allot of FS notables hang their hats there.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

ORBX SOUTH GERMANY RELEASED

Started by wilso845

Replies: 0
    Views: 2784
    Last post October 01, 2017, 07:03:58 PM
    by wilso845
    TrueEarth Great Britain South for X-Plane 11

Started by Asid

Replies: 3
    Views: 3547
    Last post October 08, 2018, 01:12:58 PM
    by Asid
    JUST FLIGHT VFR Real Scenery NexGen 3D – Vol. 1: Southern England & South Wales

Started by Asid

Replies: 6
    Views: 4505
    Last post January 31, 2019, 01:48:34 PM
    by Asid