Translations for our friends around the world.

IL-2 Sturmovik

BO-9IyACUAAxqUu

Author Topic: IL-2 Battle of Stalingrad/Moscow - The Ju 52/3m 4ge DLC Aircraft  (Read 12032 times)

Offline Asid

• HAVOC

Wednesday, January 11, 2017
By: JC
IL-2 Battle of Stalingrad/Moscow - The Ju 52/3m 4ge DLC Aircraft

Slow and defenseless but no less iconic of WWII military aviation. This is an aircraft DLC for IL-2 Battle of Stalingrad/Moscow combo.

Somewhere near Moscow, hauling fallschirmjäger.

The Ju 52, despite an intimidating dashboard, is a fairly easy to fly aircraft.

This DLC aircraft is arguably the best virtual model of the real thing. This is one of the IL-2 virtual cockpits where you really long for being able to click those panels.

Extra paint jobs are included.

Damn! I don't envy the guy in this turret.

The DLC does not include extra content like a campaign, but surely you can fly the Ju 52 in the already released campaigns. Nonetheless, one very cool thing of this DLC aircraft is the ability to carry and drop fallschirmjäger.

The cream of the crop heads east for a special mission.

The detail level of these paratroopers, including animations is quite impressive.

Read on: Click Here
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Stardog765

Re: IL-2 Battle of Stalingrad/Moscow - The Ju 52/3m 4ge DLC Aircraft
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2017, 02:04:55 PM »
All for only $25!

A small price to keep Jason Williams from complaining constantly about simmers just not being willing to spend enough of their money.  :)

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Longknife

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2017, 02:58:32 PM »
LOL

Generally speaking I have no problem paying for DLC but I am just underwhelmed with this. Sure its neat & I wouldnt mind having it... Just not enough to pay for it. Maybe if it goes on sale for 5 or 10 bucks I will.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Tuna

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2017, 03:46:43 PM »
At that price, some of the cockpit functionso should be clickable. BoS is cool, but I wish it he'd the functioning cockpits like CloD.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Stardog765

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2017, 04:04:58 PM »
Well Tuna that is the simmers fault bro.  We so selfishly cling to our money that they just can't give you the features you want or need.  Look in the mirror brah! ITS YOU!  :)

No man you guys ignore me, I have a long history with this group and their business practices so there is little that gets me going like Jason Willams, 777 Studios or anything related to them.

Carry on!

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Longknife

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2017, 04:35:32 PM »
I have a long history with this group and their business practices so there is little that gets me going like Jason Willams, 777 Studios or anything related to them.

This cracked me up :D

Tuna I would prefer a clickable cockpit as well. Something to add some depth more in the line of DCS & not just the 5-6 hotspots of CloD.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Stardog765

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2017, 04:51:28 PM »
Well it is a WWII plane not an A-10C.  How much is there to really click on?

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Longknife

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2017, 05:04:31 PM »
In my beloved 109 off the top of my head there are about 12 to start it. That is the DCS 109 K4 though.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Stardog765

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2017, 05:11:14 PM »
Umm just sayin

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Longknife

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2017, 05:28:22 PM »
Touche... So why is the key bindings so bad on BoX??

Dayem brah, walked right into that one LOL
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Stardog765

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2017, 05:30:41 PM »
Are they? I have no idea.  What you mean bad?

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Longknife

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2017, 05:46:41 PM »
Well you have inferred not on this thread but in past discussions that BoS is somehow inferior because of a lack of clickable cockpit among some other sundry things.

IMO what we get in BoS for its $50 price tag is pretty damn good. It costs less than a single DCS module in most cases & you get 10 very well modeled aircraft. As well as DCS? No but at no where near the price either.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Stardog765

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2017, 06:24:14 PM »
Me? Hmm I don't ever recall complaining about a lack of clickable cockpit in BoS.  Maybe you are thinking about someone else.  I really don't take that into account at all.
As for the other "sundry" things I have issue with.  Ya know sundry means various items not important enough to be mentioned individually.  My issue with BoS aside from their business model are things like damage model and flight model.  Now those things when talking about a WWII combat sim are pretty important.

I really did not get into this thread to have a debate about those items but I can certainly have that debate if you would like.  I don't own the sim nor have I flown it but quite a few people have that I flew with for many years in EAW, Air Warrior, Warbirds and IL-2 1946 have some serious issues with BoS for flight model and damage model reasons and these people are the type of people who take AC performance charts with them to the bathroom for reading material and in a few cases been pilots for many years themselves so if they have issue with it that is the only reason I need.  Now that means nothing when it comes to offline play and immersion.  We are talking specifically about online wars, squad v squad.  I have sims that already fill that offline immersive experience need and have dynamic campaigns so BoS would never fit for that anyway at least for me. 

But that does not mean they are not good sims, that doesnt mean that War Thunder is not a good sim either. I don't care what people like as long as they enjoy it.  My issues with BoS are my own reason to not give them a dime or fly it myself but that has nothing to do with anyone else enjoying it.  Please by all means enjoy it and if it makes you feel immersed that is what matters most.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Longknife

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2017, 07:54:16 PM »
I didnt really get into this thread to debate either but I do enjoy a good debate :D I dont take it personally because I have no ego wrapped up in it & believe everyone is entitled to their opinion.
I like you Stardog, I think you're a good man & I respect your opinion but I just don't happen to always agree with you. Please dont see this as an attack. Its more of a meeting of the minds :)

I don't own the sim nor have I flown it but quite a few people have that I flew with for many years in EAW, Air Warrior, Warbirds and IL-2 1946

Ok I DO own the sim & the guys above that you mention I happen to be one of as well (well maybe not performance tables in the shitter). About the time I started working on my PPL Warbirds came out. I cut my MP teeth in Warbirds & went on to became truly good in Airwarrior. To my dying day I will tell you that Warbirds is/was better but there are those that disagree & have their various reasons why but that brings us back to "opinions". I did fly the original IL2 but did not do 1946, I was on a gaming hiatus of sorts & only within the last 4-5yrs have really gotten back into it. I do not say these things to boast but to illustrate that I do have a semi informed opinion.

I guess what rumples my feathers is the whole elitist mindset that I see prevalent in the aviation gaming community. You got the rivet counters that loudly declare that such & such part should be more rounded so the whole thing SUX & isnt worth the money. Or my personal favorite the PC ace that has ZERO real life aviation experience, never even sat in the cockpit of warbird let alone fly one & yet will tell you that such & such plane is broke & come up with a argument that boils down to the plane doesnt fell like he think it should... REALLY??? LOL I laugh as I type this but boy do they burn me up reading their posts.
The worse part is these opinions suddenly become "facts" & are circulated about the community as such & from there they gain momentum.

Glancing at my steam profile to date I have 137hrs in BoS. I am sure that is a pittance compared to some but it is plenty long enough to have a solid opinion on it & I gotta say its one of the best SP WWII sims I have ever played. Its got some faults like I really dont care much for the AI. They have a level system in it to show player experience & once you get above level 7 EVERY enemy plane is piloted by an ace! They have perfect SA & can perfectly hold their corner speed through the entire flight envelope. If you dont get them on the bounce  you are dead because if the fight turns into a turning fight they will wear you down. They do not make mistakes!
MP it is very good & honestly I think that is where BoS has the most potential but it has its problems too. The biggy is the guns on German fighters are nerfed. Just the other night I poured the better part of a cannon load into a Yak. I wont say every round hit but many did, he was smoking from everything & yet was able to limp home while I RTB Winchester ammo. Every Russian plane is hard to shoot down but the PE2's are damn near impossible to bring down whats more on the WOL server more often then not their gunner positions are filled with people so they are a flying fortress. I will literally leave them alone. Thats about all the negative I have to say about it. Sure the nerfed guns are irritating but does it mean its broke? No! Does it mean I wont fly it? Absolutely not. There is still a huge amount of fun to be had.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Stardog765

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2017, 08:21:36 PM »
Well I will just say this and leave it here and mean no disrespect to you.  I don't need you to agree with me or even accept what I am saying.

I don't know you from Adam, nor do I know what your experience is or isn't but the people that I have flown with online for 20 years are not "elitists" nor do they complain for no reason so I will ultimately take their word for it.  Not every "rivet counter" is an elitist just because you don't agree with them and their findings.  There are plenty of them on the pro BoS side and I am sure you don't mind their views.  We tend to see things from the perspective we want to see it from.

So anyway I appreciate your input and please enjoy your sim.  In the end the game could have the best FM the world has ever seen but I wouldnt give them a dime and thats coming from someone who gave them alot of dimes in RoF so something must have happened to make me feel that way about them ya?  Ok

Enjoy!

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad

Started by Asid

Replies: 2
    Views: 5732
    Last post September 29, 2019, 05:28:16 PM
    by Asid
    IL-2 Battle of Moscow

Started by Asid

Replies: 3
    Views: 5633
    Last post August 25, 2016, 09:19:46 PM
    by Wolfakov
    IL-2 Sturmovik: Great Battles on Steam

Started by Asid

Replies: 0
    Views: 1979
    Last post July 13, 2018, 04:14:07 PM
    by Asid
    IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Moscow - The Gates of Moscow Are Still Too Far: By JC

Started by Asid

Replies: 1
    Views: 3568
    Last post March 16, 2018, 05:09:30 AM
    by Skoop
    IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad Sale

Started by Asid

Replies: 2
    Views: 3250
    Last post July 20, 2018, 07:33:19 PM
    by Asid