Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: SOW Waterloo Multiplayer 14/01/17 +A.A.R.  (Read 14316 times)

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Re: SOW Waterloo Multiplayer 14/01/17 @ 21:00GMT
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2017, 05:41:11 PM »
Hi Rayfer

It is not that difficult. Let me know if you would like any help or a 1 to 1 session :)

Regards
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Praetoria

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2017, 12:52:36 PM »
Surely i'll be
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2017, 02:17:25 PM »
Ok we have 4 of us so far.

Remember to upgrade the Grog V Toolbar:  HERE
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline panzerde

• Louis XIV was a despot, but at least he had style.
    • Cry Havoc!
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2017, 06:59:33 PM »
I'm in if it's not too late.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Offline panzerde

• Cry Havoc!
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2017, 07:01:41 PM »
I'm light years from attempting anything like this. But I look forward to reading how it goes! Good luck.

You should give it a try, Ray. You can take a brigade. Lots of fun and a very relaxed group to play with.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2017, 07:15:54 PM »
I'm in if it's not too late.

Added :)

Please check toolbar update
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline panzerde

• Cry Havoc!
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2017, 07:22:15 PM »
Added :)

Please check toolbar update

Already done.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Biondo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2017, 07:30:48 PM »
I should be able to play this evening. I'm sorry but I'm still not sure. In the case, I've just downloaded the new Grog toolbar
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2017, 03:42:31 PM »
This was a great battle. 3 v 2. No ai.

Many lives were lost.... Questionable orders were given...Details to follow...
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline panzerde

• Cry Havoc!
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2017, 06:53:09 PM »
It was a bloodbath!   :o
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Longknife

« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2017, 02:40:19 PM »
It was a bloodbath!   :o

It was indeed a bloodbath!

I am looking forward to Asids AAR. My last battalion charged the last battalion on our right & both units were routed. Then I was squirming around in my seat & kicked the LAN cable out of the socket losing my connection & dumping me from the game so I did not see the last 3min or so of it or the final score.

From my perspective of the battle things were going really well. I was anchored on LeBeof's right as we pushed forward hammering the Brits. They kept falling back ceding us ground. Then their horse came out & mostly fixed me in place preventing my ability to maneuver. At this point the Brits had lost 2 men for every one of mine that had fallen. My score was around 800 I believe. Then the tide of the war changed. I had been moving 2 battalions in a kind of bounding overwatch. One would square up while the other moved. It was working well till the cavalry hit one of my battalions on its bound & the results were catastrophic. I lost 270 some odd men in that charge for the loss of 30 or so of his horse. After that the horse was apparently forgotten because it fell back & did not harass me again. I was able to reform my troops & continue the attack. At this point we began to push around the side of the fort in a sort of a sweep round the side of it. I got a courier from General LeBeof asking how things were going & I advised him that the tide was turning on the right & that my loses were mounting. No longer was I at the 2-1 ratio. I was losing troops faster then the brits!
LeBeof suggested I join him but I was unable to disengage. As I tried to pull back the Brits would push harder fixing me in place. I then looked to my left & saw an empty orchard. LeBeof's troops had been routed & I stood alone. Whats worse because of the terrain (down a small slope & then an orchard in the way) I had no clue what was going on to my left. I decided to try to save what was left of my forces so I sent a courier to General Asid advising that my Brigade was no longer combat effective & we were quitting the field. I signaled a retreat with some 800 soldiers left of my original 4600.
Amazingly enough as we pulled back & I cleared the orchard there was NO ONE there! The field was full of bodies (I took some screen shots & will post them later). All that was still on the field was our cannon pounding away & a single battalion of brits. The last vestiges of my Brigade formed up & marched towards them as they marched towards us. As they started to form up into battle line I charged them breaking their line but then both battalions routed. I was pulling back towards our cannon when I kicked the LAN cable.

I really enjoyed that battle, the FOW was awesome! The uncertainty & doubt was delicious! I was literally sitting on the edge of my seat leaned forward with my nose nearly touching the screen for quite awhile & I blame that for the fidgeting that caused me to kick the LAN cable LOL

Right before that I think my score was around 325.

It was allot of fun though & I am looking forward to the next one.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2017, 10:46:31 PM »
The results.

General Antoine Drouot, Comte Drout v Field Marshal Arthur Wellesley, 1st Duke of Wellington

Corps v Corps

Take and hold Chateau De Timpko.

British/Allies (red) 2 players
Pratoria (CIC): Field Marshall Sir Arthur Wellesley Duke Of Wellington: Corps Commander

Subordinates controlled by Pratoria:
1.   General leutnant Frederich von der Decken: 4 x Brigade infantry

2.   Lieutenant General Sir Lowry Cole: 2 x Brigade infantry + 2 x Battery Artillery (12 pieces total)

3.   Major General Victor von Alten: 3 x Brigade cavalry

4.   General major August von Kruse: 1 x brigade infantry

5.   Panzerde: Divisioncommander:  Herzog Friedrich Wilhelm von Braunschweig-Oels: : 3 x Brigade Infantry1 x Brigade Cavalry + 2

x Battery Artillery (16 pieces total)

French (blue) 3 players
Asid (CIC): Lieutenant general Comte Drouot Antoine Alexandre: Corps Commander

Subordinates controlled by Asid:
1.   Generale de Division Comte Charles Antoine Morand: 1 x Brigade inf + 2 x Battery Artillery (16 pieces total)

2.   Generale de Division Comte Charles Lefebvre-Desnouettes: 2 x Brigade cavalry + 2 x Battery Artillery (16 pieces total)

3.   Generale de Division ComteClaude Etienne Guyot: 2 x Brigade cavalry + 2 x Battery Artillery (16 pieces total)

4.   Generale de Division baron Jean-Jacques Desvaux de Saint-Maurice: 4 x Battery Artillery (32 pieces total)

5.   Beef (LeBeof): Generale de Division Comte Guillaume Philbert Duhesme: 2 x Brigade inf + 2 x Battery Artillery (16 pieces total)

6.   Longknife: Generale de Division Comte Louis Friant: 1 x Brigade inf + 2 x Battery Artillery (16 pieces total)

Settings:
•   HITS
•   Courier orders
•   Bare map. Full F.O.W.
•   No voice during game.

The British started very close to the objective. They were also very close to us at the start. Our fog of war meant we did not know this. The British had the advantage as they managed to take the objective quickly. Mistakes were made by both commanders. Orders were not followed. It is always easier with hindsight.....

The objective was Chateau De Timpko

Chateau De Timpko. The British were very close to it. we, the French, Did not know.

Beef was to approach the objective from the SE. Longknife from NE and I, with the main artillery from the east.

LeBeof kept his artillery to his SE and moved NW to engage the enemy.

I kept the artillery deliberately back. I did not want to have it captured or destroyed so early on.

I have marked the artillery. Around 8,000 casualties were caused by artillery in this engagement!

I ordered the artillery to push forward in the centre...Not all of it though. It lined up and started to blast the enemy!

The cavalry played a decisive role for the French. We forced the enemy into square many times and blasted them with artillery. Not all the cavalry were committed. I kept some in reserve behind our lines in the east.

Longknife was on my right. Communication's did not come from him. I sent many couriers. None returned. It was frustrating. I issued orders for him to flank but he never did. we had the advantage on several occasions. It was squandered.

LeBeof was hard pressed on my left. He asked for support. Longknife was starting to get flanked by the enemy on our right!

It became clearer what the enemy intended. They would flank our right. I sent cavalry to our left and right.

Longknife collapsed on our right. LeBeof beat a hasty retreat with what little he had left.

It was time to call in the reserve cavalry. It worked. I pushed the artillery forward. The enemies morale had collapsed. They did not have any reserve. I started pounding them harder.

How it ended

If you look at the results below. You will see that the British paid dearly with many lives lost. The scenario ended with a French victory even

though the fort was not taken from the British. My plan as the French should have been better. I should have made better use of the artillery.

My General on my right (Longknife) did not coordinate as well as I liked. It is very important to communicate on the battlefield. I feel that we could have taken the fort by flanking from our right. It is easy to get disoriented. We play with full fog of war and fixed to the saddle of our commander. You can only see what your commander can see through his eyes. Very immersive.

Statistics

French
Killed: 2638
Wounded: 4822
Missing: 1638
Total: 9098
% casualties: 45.3

British
Killed: 3422
Wounded: 6253
Missing: 2124
Total: 11799
% casualties: 47.7

Download Replay file Click here

To play the file. Download and extract it to the C:\Users\Username\Documents\SowWL\Saved Games\Replay folder. Only place the ".rep"

file in the folder.

Single player > Load Replay > Select file > Press "Load replay"

Download Battle stats Click here

To play the file.
Download and extract it anywhere.
Double click: SOW Outcome Calculator.exe
Click " Calculate overall score" at the top of the screen.
Selecting each named person on the left or right will reflect specific results.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 10:48:52 PM by Asid »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Beef

• HAVOC
  • Bellum Simulatis
Re: SOW Waterloo Multiplayer 14/01/17 +A.A.R.
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2017, 04:15:51 AM »
A video of Asid and I meeting on the battlefield when he asked me to regroup with him:

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline panzerde

• Cry Havoc!
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2017, 05:05:44 AM »
This was a bloodbath. To the point of being pretty unrealistic, really. Armies during this period would typically break off combat and withdraw once casualties reached about 30%.

That might be something we consider for house rules. Once casualties reach a certain level, the game ends with the side reaching that "break point" deemed the loser. Doing that would encourage more realistic and cautious play, more true to the period. No Napoleonic general would have fed troops into the meat grinder the way both sides did here, unless the objective were critically important.

Beef is right. The casualties in this one approach that of Pickett's charge, except on both sides. That's a pretty unusual thing.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2017, 01:35:13 PM »
A video of Asid and I meeting on the battlefield when he asked me to regroup with him:

Beef. That video......Brilliant  :-*
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

Multiplayer Battle Wednesday 28.03.2018

Started by General Sandman

Replies: 5
    Views: 3496
    Last post March 28, 2018, 08:55:36 PM
    by Colbert
    SOW Waterloo MP AAR Seen from Div commander perspective army vs army

Started by ushiri

Replies: 2
    Views: 4556
    Last post December 19, 2016, 09:54:58 PM
    by ushiri
    SOW Waterloo play today 28/11/16 + AAR

Started by Asid

Replies: 17
    Views: 10495
    Last post November 29, 2016, 12:41:09 PM
    by Mr. Digby
    Subscriptions for the beta version of DOW Scourge of War Multiplayer Campaign

Started by mitra76

Replies: 10
    Views: 9475
    Last post November 11, 2019, 06:12:18 PM
    by Morhys
    SOW Multiplayer With D.O.W.

Started by Asid

Replies: 0
    Views: 12496
    Last post November 16, 2016, 06:04:19 PM
    by Asid