Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: SOW Waterloo Multiplayer 07/01/17 +A.A.R.  (Read 15110 times)

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Re: SOW Waterloo Multiplayer 07/01/17
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2017, 12:51:54 PM »
We have 6 of us at the moment.

Perhaps a team v team?
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Stardog765

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2017, 05:12:31 PM »
Not sure if I will make it to the game today.  Sorry gents we will see as it gets closer.

Not feeling too well today, think im getting my son's cold or whatever he has had. Everyone here is sick it seems.

Not saying for sure just have to see how i feel later.  Sorry gents, will make it if I can.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Rotar

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2017, 05:21:51 PM »
I'll give it a try.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2017, 05:25:06 PM »
Maybe you got bit....You been in Chenarus for quite a while...

I hope you feel better soon my friend....
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Stardog765

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2017, 05:39:29 PM »
Haha ya for sure.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Beef

• HAVOC
  • Bellum Simulatis
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2017, 07:28:04 PM »
I'm sick as a dog...a StarDog at that. Not my kid's cold, got this one all on my own.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Longknife

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2017, 07:44:13 PM »
Its going around all over. I am just starting to get over something myself.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Tuna

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2017, 02:54:40 PM »
Fun time yesterday, bummer that it crashed. I feel my general getting murdered did cause it,, because it was the exact instant that I 'warped' that it froze. Maybe a glitch that doesn't happen all the time.

Anyways had fun while it lasted, even though I was a little overwhelmed. First time commanding at that level (believe it was Longknife's first too). Wasn't too bad, glad I didn't have Calvary. I think I surprised Cole's rear end (ran into his Arty train. While I was engaging and having the rest of my troops climb the hill to assist, I received the command to only engage with one division. That's where things got messy on me, trying to reverse my orders. Oh well live and learn, but it was a lot of fun, and I did delay Cole from going to the objective, even though I was taking heavy casualties.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2017, 05:54:49 PM »
AAR should be up in a day or 2  :)
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Longknife

« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2017, 08:00:48 PM »
Yes it was my 1st time commanding that large a force as well. Just as things were getting interesting it crashed.

While Asid did have us in a double envelopment I dont think it would have played out as well for him as he hoped. Right after everyone jumped out of the game my game started back up & just then the enemy's right flank broke freeing up 1/2 my brigade to maneuver & meet his cavalry. I would love to see how that would have/could have played out. Oh well there is always next time :) It was a great time anyway & I am looking forward to the next time!

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2017, 12:22:07 AM »
The results.

British/Allies (red) 3 players
Asid (CIC): Lieutenant general sir Rowland Hill: Division of cavalry
Panzerde: Mixed division of cavalry, Infantry & artillery
Rotar: Mixed division of Infantry & artillery

French (blue) 3 players
Biondo (CIC): Lieutenant-général Jean-Baptiste Drouet Comte D'Erlon
Tuna
Longknife

This battle had 3 objectives
2 minor objectives: Schneiders & Hampton Muhle.
1 Major objective: Dornbusch Bauernhof

Taking and holding a minor objective for a short period would give you posession. You could then move on. The main objective was the main course. It required substantial holding. Like all of our meetings, this was full fog of war with no map contacts. All communication was via in-game courier.

We started off by issuing the command for Rotar to head to the eastern objective while Panzerde would take and hold the main objective. Panzerde had the main forceThe remaining minor objective was for myself. I would then travel south and join our main force at the main objective. Rotar would move west and also join us.......That is how we planned it....

I set off for the Northern object with my cavalry. I went at a steady pace. Panzerde took the road while Rotar cut through forest.

I reached the northern objective after cautiously viewing it with my trusty spyglass. I found it empty. Not an enemy in sight! I secured it and started my move south to meet up with my main force.

I used the main road southward. I ordered a cavalry brigade to trail my main force in-case the enemy followed. Rotar took and held the eastern objective. It was also empty....

Panzerde found the main objective, Dornbusch Bauernhof also empty....No enemy in sight....

Panzerde organised his division expecting the enemy to come from the north. I sent my cavalry to the west of the objective. My intention was to keep it hidden.

The intention was to have Rotar join up with us at the main objective. However he was surprised by the French general Tuna. Tuna smashed into Rotars flank causing some of his artillery to get separated from his main force. Rotar turned to face the aggressor.

Meanwhile a flag was spotted coming towards the main force....Was it Rotar? was it the enemy?

My trusty spyglass what I already knew. It was the French! They had finally turned up!

I sent my cavalry NW of the objective. I tried to keep them out of sight. They were fresh. They would come in handy.

The battle was raging it the objective. Panzerde had a great position. The enemy could not break through.  After hours of fierce fighting the French tried to flank our right. We saw it. It was time to use my hidden cavalry. They were eager. They were fresh. We moved using cover by way of a road. We would fall upon the enemy without warning.

Rotar managed to hold the enemy. He stopped Tuna from joining the main French force and perhaps even stopped a flanking move from Tuna. That would have been serious. However Rotar was also tied up. I wanted him to flank the main French force. My cavalry managed to reach its location without meeting any opposition. We were fresh. Rested. Eager for French blood! Panzerdes forces had created a small pocket....We were enticing the enemy in..Closer.

Rotar pushed north. He started to push the French Tuna back. My cavalry were ready. We spotted artillery to our east. Unprotected. Easy target for our eager cavalry. The battle ended here.

If you look at the results below. You will see that we made the French pay dearly! They had a 44.7% casualty rate1. We made them pay dearly!

French
Killed: 1514
Wounded: 2767
Missing: 940
Total: 5220
% casualties: 44.7

British
Killed: 1087
Wounded: 1986
Missing: 675
Total: 3748
% casualties: 27.5

Results

Download Replay file Click here

To play the file. Download and extract it to the C:\Users\Username\Documents\SowWL\Saved Games\Replay folder. Only place the ".rep" file in the folder.

Single player > Load Replay > Select file > Press "Load replay"

Download Battle stats Click here

To play the file.
Download and extract it anywhere.
Double click: SOW Outcome Calculator.exe
Click " Calculate overall score" at the top of the screen.
Selecting each named person on the left or right will reflect specific results.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 06:20:47 PM by Asid »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline panzerde

• Louis XIV was a despot, but at least he had style.
    • Cry Havoc!
Re: SOW Waterloo Multiplayer 07/01/17 +A.A.R.
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2017, 01:57:02 AM »
Very nice AAR!
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Offline Longknife

« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2017, 04:06:50 AM »
Great AAR! Very enjoyable read.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Praetoria

« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2017, 10:11:25 AM »
Nice battle!
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Longknife

« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2017, 02:22:13 PM »
Now that I have had some sleep & am able to really look at & think about your AAR I am all the more gratified.

It was nice to see the disposition of your forces were pretty much what I thought they would be. I warned Biondo to anticipate a double envelopment & watch the right flank. Honestly I thought we would meet you sooner then we did. I expected the engagement to happen just south of Bauernhof. It looks like your horse was in position to make that happen but not the main army. I think the terrain would have favored you more there then where we actually met at. That said if we had met as you were climbing the hill from that creek it would have gone poorly for you so its probably better that you stayed where you were.

There is no doubt you did well though & I think that is partially my fault. I had some issues getting my troops to do what I wanted them to do. If you look at your last image you can see a row of my units along the road. Thats my cannon. Just below my name is a single peach colored icon. That was a single cannon 600yds away. I COULD NOT get that damned battery to disengage that single cannon they were shooting at & engage the bloody brigade to my front! Oh I was cursing them!!! LOL Im pretty sure I have that issue sorted so beware next time :)

In any case it was great fun & I am looking forward to the next time.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

Multiplayer Battle Wednesday 28.03.2018

Started by General Sandman

Replies: 5
    Views: 3496
    Last post March 28, 2018, 08:55:36 PM
    by Colbert
    Subscriptions for the beta version of DOW Scourge of War Multiplayer Campaign

Started by mitra76

Replies: 10
    Views: 9475
    Last post November 11, 2019, 06:12:18 PM
    by Morhys
    SOW Multiplayer With D.O.W.

Started by Asid

Replies: 0
    Views: 12495
    Last post November 16, 2016, 06:04:19 PM
    by Asid
    Re: SOW: Waterloo online MP battle Friday 04.05.18 at 20.00 GMT