Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: Flight Sim Equipment Available  (Read 3145 times)

Offline jhay

Flight Sim Equipment Available
« on: January 01, 2017, 11:54:04 PM »
Gentlemen,
I have been using a CH Products HOTAS set (Fighterstick, Pro Throttle, and Rudder Pedals) for years.  Suddenly a Windows 10 update has caused a software conflict that makes them very cumbersome to use. Therefore I have re-equipped my sim cockpit/turret/submarine input gear. I would like to offer them to this community for bids of at least $100 (US$), unless shipping to Outer Mongolia would eat that up.  They are completely functional, all buttons and pots perform like new.  I also have a set of ThrustMaster Rudder Pedals, new in box, that I will send to anyone who will cover shipping and whatever extra you would care to send me.  PM me if you are interested, I will leave this open for about 2 weeks, and then review whatever bids I receive. 
This community has been very supportive of me and I would like to repay y'all.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Frankie

• HAVOC
  • From Dogs of War to Pipes Of Peace
    • Frankie's Moodurian
Re: Flight Sim Equipment Available
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2017, 02:18:12 AM »
That's some serious hardware to fly an airplane on a desktop PC.
> Suddenly a Windows 10 update has caused a software conflict
>
Have you tried solving the conflict problem? I am sure that there are others facing the same thing as well. But I suppose that you will b getting newer HOTAS hardware to take on the next generation of games - so no worries, eh?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 02:19:43 AM by Frankie »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

After the Dogs of War are let slip, let us smoke the Pipes Of Peace.

Offline Longknife

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2017, 04:53:05 AM »
Thats very generous of you jhay.

I use Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS but have had the itch to get something different as I have been using this same stick for years. One of the sticks I was thinking about replacing it with was CH. Since I also run Win10 I would be interested to heard about the software conflict you are dealing with.

Did you try updating the CH drivers? Surely they would be aware of the issue & come out with a fix quickly.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Online Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2017, 02:40:41 PM »
Jhay is a generous soul.

We have a great community here.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline jhay

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2017, 07:12:09 PM »
Gentlemen,
Regarding my software conflict, I have spent hours with loading, uninstalling, downloading, rebooting, everything.  Others far more knowledgeable than myself have been generous with their time and struggled to help me find a solution, to no avail.  Others on the CH website have encountered this problem, some have solved it, others have given up. And still others have never had it.
The CH hardware is is bullet-proof, in my opinion.  These devices have been in use for almost ten years, and function just as well as when they came out of the box.  I would gladly keep them in use and return my more expensive replacements, if I could just use the software without having to uninstall and re-install it after every shut-down.  And the software still works fine for all my sims when it is installed. 
Therefore, I can make no guarantee that it will work with your Windows 10 installation, although I know of two DoW members who have the same set-up with Windows 10 and have had no problems.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

Simulated Worlds Will Soon Be Indistinguishable From Reality

Started by Asid

Replies: 0
    Views: 2973
    Last post June 02, 2015, 04:05:45 PM
    by Asid
    Forest Fire Area Simulator (FFAs)

Started by Asid

Views: 2974
    Last post October 10, 2015, 04:40:43 PM
    by Asid
    SimOps

Started by Asid

Replies: 1
    Views: 2177
    Last post April 06, 2016, 05:51:32 AM
    by Lumituisku
    (AGPT) training unit combat simulator Panzertruppe Leopard 2 battle tank A5/6

Started by Asid

Views: 3690
    Last post July 21, 2015, 09:17:31 PM
    by Asid
    A flight around Warsaw

Started by Lusik

Replies: 6
    Views: 4009
    Last post May 30, 2016, 08:18:57 PM
    by Asid