Translations for our friends around the world.

IL-2 Sturmovik

BO-9IyACUAAxqUu

Author Topic: 1C Game Studios to Cooperate with Team Fusion on IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover  (Read 4941 times)

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
1C Game Studios to Cooperate with Team Fusion on IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

Posted Today, 14:30

1C Game Studios is excited to announce that we have reached an agreement in principle to cooperate with Team Fusion on future commercial development of IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover. This includes giving Team Fusion access to the Cliffs of Dover source code so they may continue their work to fix and improve Cliffs of Dover and build commercial add-ons for the base title. Such cooperation was made possible only recently as full ownership rights to Cliffs of Dover was returned to 1C Company after many years.  We can now allow Team Fusion to continue their work more comfortably and help turn Cliffs of Dover into the product is was intended to be. 1C Game Studios recognizes the hard work and passion that Team Fusion has exhibited in improving Cliffs of Dover and we welcome their continued dedication to the product. We also welcome them to the 1C Game Studios family of developers who help make the combat flight-sim genre and IL-2 Sturmovik series so compelling.

In the coming weeks and months, Team Fusion’s work will be offered as an official content update and patch for Cliffs of Dover on Steam. This update will merge all the current changes and fixes into one update. The update will initially be optional. Not long thereafter, the update will be codified by Team Fusion and officially entered into the source code and file system for the product itself. The title will then be permanently updated through Steam negating the need for a separate patch.

Later in 2017, the first commercial add-on for Cliffs of Dover will be released. The add-on will be focused on the North Africa theater and will update the engine to DirectX 11 and include new airplanes, a new map and other content and improvements. There is a possibility that other theaters will be developed in the future pending the outcome of this first add-on.  More information about the North Africa add-on will be made public in the coming weeks.

The Cliffs of Dover product line will be distinct and separate from the IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad line produced by 1C Game Studios. Both game engines will be developed separately by each team with the announced IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Kuban development schedule unchanged and unaffected by this announcement.

Cliffs of Dover and its add-ons will be sold on the official IL-2 website (www.il2sturmovik.com) and through Steam. There are no current plans to incorporate Cliffs of Dover into the existing 1C Game Studios user account system. Players will continue to manage their Cliffs of Dover install through Steam just as it is done now.

We hope you find this announcement to be exciting and re-assuring that your favorite hobby will continue to grow and flourish. 1C Game Studios and Team Fusion ask for your support as this new era of cooperation and development begins!

The 1C Game Studios Team

You can discuss this announcement in this new section of our forum: Cliffs of Dover by Team Fusion https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/forum/104-il-2-strumovik-cliffs-dover/

Original post: https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/26758-1c-game-studios-cooperate-team-fusion-il-2-sturmovik-cliffs/
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Stardog765

That is tremendous news!

Wow! Never thought I would see the day!  That must have 777 Studios quite worried :)

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Longknife

Wow this is tremendous news! I am actually blown away!
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Stardog765

Jason Williams will ban me from the BoS forums before the day is out. I can almost promise ya that :)
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Longknife

LOL I largely avoid their forums unless I am looking for an answer on something. Some of the personalities there really grate on me. Between the fanboyz & rivet counters its hard to get the straight dope.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

How to use Tacview with IL‑2 Sturmovik?

Started by Asid

Replies: 0
    Views: 3329
    Last post July 26, 2018, 12:03:03 AM
    by Asid
    IL-2 Sturmovik: Great Battles on Steam

Started by Asid

Views: 1978
    Last post July 13, 2018, 04:14:07 PM
    by Asid
    IL-2 Sturmovik Updates/Patches

Started by Asid

Replies: 24
    Views: 18681
    Last post December 18, 2019, 03:20:29 AM
    by Asid
    IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Moscow - If You Can Land the Rata ...

Started by Asid

Views: 4441
    Last post September 04, 2016, 12:59:53 AM
    by Asid
    IL-2 Sturmovik: Autumn Sale

Started by Asid

Views: 2602
    Last post November 23, 2018, 01:48:05 AM
    by Asid