Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: SOW Waterloo Multiplayer 17/12/16 + AAR  (Read 10961 times)

Offline Zarco

Re: SOW Waterloo Multiplayer 17/12/16
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2016, 01:46:55 PM »
It was quite an interesting game, though i barely engaged anyone.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline MTG

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2016, 02:34:51 PM »
As Martin said, don't be too discouraged.  He and I have played hundreds of MP games together and had the benefit of all that experience.  Knowing what the SOW troops can and can't do in various situations is an enormous advantage.  That's especially true in situations where the view is restricted due to the terrain.  Had it been more open, I'm sure you'd have made a much better fight of it, as you could see what was going on and more easily coordinate your separate divisions.

If you watch the replay of the battle, I'm sure you'll see why the battle went the way it did.  I've learned through my own painful experiences not to do that.  :'(
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2016, 02:50:05 PM »
Hi Martin

We withdrew from the battle and we are fine with that. However what threw us were "anomalies" such as the artillery having L.O.S. through the heavy woods. This totally changed our plans.

I will comment more later as I have no time at the moment.

Regards
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Stardog765

« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2016, 05:35:01 PM »
Thank you all for the game and I appreciate the encouragement.  We are still learning obviously so we have no issue with being on the short end of a fight. Not a problem, especially to two people who have played as much as you both.  What I think was discouraging like Asid said the issues that seem to be game related all the sudden.
The arty bug with them being able to fire as they wish through forests is obviously a problem but for me even more so early on in the battle was losing total control of large groups of my soldiers.
We might be new but we have played quite a few sandbox games together and single player to get used to the game and I have never had that issue once I started using the KS Mod and I love it but the last two weeks I have had very similar problem where large groups of soldiers will not do what I want them to do, TC'd or not and not  under fire or even close to being engaged.  Last week it happened right off the bat when leaving the assembly area. 

So its really just things like that that are a frustration not being on the losing end of a battle. We are all adults and know the learning curve is steep so no issue with that.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Mr. Digby

« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2016, 01:23:47 PM »
Stardog, next time you experience this loss of control can you make a savegame? I'd like to look into this.

You can set the game options to save a game at regular intervals (I have mine set at 5 mins), so that file will do. It would mean pausing an MP game in progress to alt-tab out to your windows explorer and copy the save file somewhere safe but if you let the players know over TS what you are doing all should be okay.

Sometimes custom scenario creation can cause weird stuff so it may be related to my scenario-writing skills or methods. If it is I need to know!

Many thanks.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Stardog765

« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2016, 01:42:59 PM »
I certainly will do that.
I was helping a friend install the KS mod the other afternoon and he had the same problem on a stock sandbox game trying to get his troops moving towards the objective.

I will see if I can get a save of it next time I play.

Thanks sir
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2016, 06:31:47 PM »
The results.

British (blue) 3 players
Asid
Beef
Stardog

Prussian (red) 3 players
Mr Digby
MTG
Zarco

The British found this battle frustrating. We ran into Line of sight anomalies which we neither expected or knew existed. Maybe it was just one of those days? This meant that we were left in surprised and a little disappointed. there seemed to be an issue where the enemy artillery engaged us through trees when they never had L.O.S. Our plan hinged on using the woods as cover. The CIC was myself. I had no real response to this turn of events. I accept responsibility for the defeat.

The Prussians played well and used what they had to their advantage. We shall meet again!!!! We will give no quarter  ;)

2 objectives.

Download Replay file Click here

To play the file. Download and extract it to the C:\Users\Username\Documents\SowWL\Saved Games\Replay folder. Only place the ".rep" file in the folder.

Single player > Load Replay > Select file > Press "Load replay"

Download Battle stats Click here

To play the file.
Download and extract it anywhere.
Double click: SOW Outcome Calculator.exe
Click " Calculate overall score" at the top of the screen.
Selecting each named person on the left or right will reflect specific results.

Note: In this stats sheet the French are British and Allies are Prussian.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 06:36:04 PM by Asid »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Tags:

Multiplayer Battle Wednesday 28.03.2018

Started by General Sandman

Replies: 5
    Views: 3497
    Last post March 28, 2018, 08:55:36 PM
    by Colbert
    SOW Waterloo play today 28/11/16 + AAR

Started by Asid

Replies: 17
    Views: 10500
    Last post November 29, 2016, 12:41:09 PM
    by Mr. Digby
    Subscriptions for the beta version of DOW Scourge of War Multiplayer Campaign

Started by mitra76

Replies: 10
    Views: 9477
    Last post November 11, 2019, 06:12:18 PM
    by Morhys
    SOW Multiplayer With D.O.W.

Started by Asid

Replies: 0
    Views: 12499
    Last post November 16, 2016, 06:04:19 PM
    by Asid
    Re: SOW: Waterloo online MP battle Friday 04.05.18 at 20.00 GMT