Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: 2 years anniversary of this forum  (Read 6152 times)

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
2 years anniversary of this forum
« on: December 03, 2016, 09:30:58 PM »
Friends it is now 2 years since we launched this forum.

I have watched it grow steadily in that time.

The Dogs of War have been going for 6 months longer.

We continue to welcome like-minded people from every corner of the world.

Our gaming interests are as diverse as our friends. Simulation, strategy and war-gaming. Air, sea, land and beyond.

We have great resources as well. From a popular and informative website to a vibrant and knowledgeable forum. Not forgetting our TeamSpeak. All of these resources and common interests have brought us together. We all believe in our core ethos of friendship and respect. You only need to look at our forum to get a feel for what and who we are. Some great friendships have been created here.

Ultimately the community is nothing without its members.

Here's to another great year

Regards
Asid. A proud member of this community
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Stardog765

Re: 2 years anniversary of this forum
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2016, 03:00:52 AM »
Thats great!

Major milestone now a days.

Bravo all.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Beef

• Bellum Simulatis
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2016, 05:22:05 AM »
Two years! I've been here for less than a year of that, but am glad to be a part of it.

Congratulations Asid, and all.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Rinix

• HAVOC
  • Steel Beasts
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2016, 05:23:00 AM »
I'm glad to be here, and glad to be here for this milestone. ;D
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I ride inside Steel Beasts.

Offline Longknife

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2016, 05:27:29 AM »
Awesome & congrats!

Dow is something special that is for sure!
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Cougar11

• HAVOC
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2016, 07:08:16 AM »
It's hard to believe, that over two years ago, I would meet Asid and others. Even harder to believe, is that a few months later, me and Asid (and some others help) would design first a outline of the group, and incorporate that into a website. Shortly after that collaborate to start the forum. I have met many great people. Some have come and gone, while others that I can call friends remain. Thank you to all of you, for being a part of this community. Here is to the months and years to come.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Connaugh

• Member.
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2016, 01:51:16 PM »
Whenever I log onto my computer, I always check the Dogs of War forum first for Steel Beast news and other news. There is always helpful information to be found. I enjoy reading about all of the other wargames that Asid brings to our attention.

Conn
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Frankie

• HAVOC
  • From Dogs of War to Pipes Of Peace
    • Frankie's Moodurian
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2016, 02:45:32 PM »
Here's the notification e-mail to my DOWVU account creation that changed my gaming life forever.

Two days later my registration was approved.

I think it was the same day of my creating the DOWVU account (on 16th February 2016) that I stumbled upon SteelBeasts.com's then TeamSpeak server (R.I.P.). I had bought eSimgame's Steel Beasts Pr PE version 3.025 the week before. My eye scanned the various Teamspeak channels listed on my screen.

As my eye scanned the screen, I saw one channel that had two persons in it. Scanning on. Then I saw another channel named "Dogs Of War" that had a single occupant in it. Hmm... Asid, that's not a common name. Must be a loner standing by the door all by himself. Let's go and cheer him up a bit, the poor bloke.

So, I clicked on the channel and introduced myself. I told him that I had been playing SB Pro PE solo for week, and I didn't know how to got into the multiplayer part of SB (poor thing, me). He said he could guide me. I remember asking him if he could use TeamViewer (remote login/control screen sharing) to login into my computer and show me by controlling my screen. To that he replied, no, he would just guide me by voice. That voice. Sounds like a young(er) Sean Connery guiding me. I think for the next 30 to 40 minutes he guided me through various things. What OS are you using? Have you got this? Have you done that? Acknowledge "Yes" if you have followed by previous instruction. Try this. You should now see this. Wow. Not bad for some poor bloke standing all by himself by the entrance of the channel. The most patient and helpful man I ever met. He would make a good teacher! Patient to guide a SB newbie like me. Thanks mate!

Congratulations on two years of the forum. It is more than a forum, it is a meeting place of people of kindred spirit who love good games and respect for each other. The content is more than just text, videos and images. The people is the content. DOWVU is a website and forum that helps to build relationships. Thank you so much for creating this forum and all that it stands for.

Cheers
Frankie Kam
Malaysia
« Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 10:49:06 PM by Frankie »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

After the Dogs of War are let slip, let us smoke the Pipes Of Peace.

Offline gameleaper

• Indie game developer
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2016, 04:50:22 PM »
its difficult to find good forums, I would imagine anyone who saw the quality contained in here that they would want to be part of it. Its not to hard to believe this could be the top war-gaming site on net at a near future date. I have seen people make fan sites and put games online , or something interesting, but I have never seen anything this professional from the private world. I am truly glad I'm here, Ive been pre-occupied with a few projects to read all the posts, but I will catch-up soon.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Don_prince

• Member.
  • A J
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2016, 06:52:37 PM »
Just a little bit before the one year anniversary I googled this forum togheter. Desperate to find a new group to play arma with and gather information about VBS. I found a common intrest in simulators and landed my eagle here. The past year was a calm time for me at university. Times have changed now but well all those days I was bored and had weeks for a few days work that due to how boring it was took longer than weeks, you guys where there on teamspeak, up for a few games now and then, up for a good discussion, always up for a chat about whatever came to mind and also we where there to listen to each others rants to get things of our chests.

I can not express in words how as a community we are thankfull for what we as members have accomplished, though for a few members I will go a little indepth.

Asid thank you for all the energy and the countles hours you have put into the forum and the community. Always beeing the first with posting information, "Asid I found this news article have you..." <gets interupted> "Look on the forum" and yes he had beaten me to it again. Also thank you for the countless sessions you have organised and the support you have given us in our troubles. A real cornerstone of the comunity.

Attila, you brought us the teamspeak and the place to be vocal to eachoter. Before it was other places but for the majority of the time I know Dogs of War you where the one supplying us the teamspeak. You where the one with which we could always have an informal casual discussion and rant off with on whatever subject we could found. You have shaped my oppinion and view of the world in many different ways. I always enjoyed the discussions and the rants and nowadays I miss them. You created the atmosphere and as such whenever I think of Dogs of War VU I can not leave you out.

Lumi, you where always there, helping people, supporting and keeping up the steelbeasts sector. As soon as the nigth kicked in Lumi was there on teamspeak and sometimes even before that on his phone at work or on the way home.

Stardog, again I can not imagine the Dogs of War VU without you. Is there a day you are not on the teamspeak?

There is so many others I should name here Wilso, Lusic, Colebrook, Renders, Cougar, Rotar, Frankie and many many more. Do not think I do not know what you have done or vallue less what you have done. Its just that I am out of time to reply and realy words can not express my thanks...

We hit a big milestone and it wont be our last. Lets look foreward to many years to come with new friendships to be made. Common intrest combined with friendship and respect brings people togheter.

Thank you all,

Signed:
AJ

Rotterdam, the Netherlands
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 06:59:13 PM by Don_prince »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Red2112

• Life Support
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2016, 08:12:00 PM »
A bit late, been busy working but congrats for this achievment! I hope everybody here can say the same in many years to come! Well at least till we have the ability to do so after we are all retired  ;)

Care,

Red
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2016, 04:41:18 PM »
Thank you for all the kind words guys.

It takes all of us to make a great community.

From making posts, to making people feel welcome. From helping others, to spreading the word. From creating online sessions, to playing in and supporting the groups online sessions.

Everyone can help in their own way.

Regards
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Attila

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2017, 01:14:28 PM »
I can say only one thing: THANK'S TO ASID  8)
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Pipe

• http://imgur.com/
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2017, 04:30:06 PM »
Awesome forum......Cheers!
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

We have a guy on a boat visiting the forums

Started by Don_prince

Replies: 2
    Views: 2893
    Last post May 29, 2016, 02:23:13 AM
    by Frankie
    D-Day Anniversary Normandy France

Started by Frankie

Replies: 2
    Views: 2644
    Last post June 04, 2017, 03:28:37 PM
    by Asid
    World Battleground, 1000 years of war in 5 minutes

Started by Lumituisku

Replies: 0
    Views: 2344
    Last post October 02, 2016, 07:58:26 AM
    by Lumituisku
    Forest machine development was jugging this idea still impossible 10 years ago.

Started by Lumituisku

Replies: 1
    Views: 3937
    Last post September 07, 2015, 04:37:01 AM
    by Asid
    Finland celebrates 100 years of independence in 2017

Started by Asid

Replies: 1
    Views: 2163
    Last post December 06, 2017, 04:09:52 PM
    by Lumituisku