Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: DOW Mission 07/03/2015 Phase II of DOW Troops 4-7 CAV  (Read 7868 times)

Offline Lumituisku

• HAVOC
  • Howl with the pack
Re: DOW Mission 07/03/2015 Phase II of DOW Troops 4-7 CAV
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2015, 12:37:24 PM »
Yes. there is no limit of praise about this mission.

It was horrible feeling to notice how there seemed to be only AI infantry and 2 brads. Me and Evil-fox at the most north. Especially when Platoon leader told me to look at the map.

Oh my god...  Map was red of enemy platoons coming down towards me and Evil-fox. It felt hopeless. I do bet that it was something similar that mens that fough winter war in Finland experienced.

at the moment it felt especially like in to spot 2:54  Like... from nothing there all of sudden came far more than you can deal with.

or better seen here.. this is what I meant. It felt like this. OMG... 

Like there was thought... how the hell can I survive this?!  Im going to die...     waiting -   waiting.-  shooting - waiting - shooting.

Talking with Evil to get courage, Hearing from platoon leader how screwed I will be in moments. -  Shooting, - More shooting.-  Nerver breaking waiting. - Hit to my face... sending hit tank with black eye back to town of saint joseft and receiving XO to help. Continying to fight with knifes and machine guns. All so intense for a while. Another black eye, sending it back, but not enough, and too late, it gets destroed. Getting one more brad under my command but its on hellish place. Under attack of platoon of enemy tanks! Hiding behind wrecks. Firing tows that don't seem to kill enemy. Running as fast as I can to hide and to reload. Listening intence gas turbine sounds. - heart beating. Listening how those engine sounds seem to be all over in my front area getting closer and closer. Sneaking closer to see. I sneaked too much a head, I see how tanks gun moves over hill not far. Its coming over hill, and will see me. - I nearly panic. knowing I dont make to hiding place in time. I shoot many salvos to it and run closer it to hide under small hill that it was trying to get over. - nerve breaking waiting, as it climbs up. I empty my 25mm belts to it. It seems to stop but seek target. Its on bushesh and I feel that I cant hit it with tow. I start reloading nearly in panic like manner noticing more antennas, and suspicious movement not far from tank that stopped over hill. Reloading, hoping for best. reloading....  and I see it. Tank circling hill.. coming to me. And I turn, preparing to tow on its side, and it makes it. Turret flyes sky high. Another tow from clear spot to stopped tank, and situation gets more calm. I see own infantry running at the hill where those tanks were stopped. I start feeling more calm. I hear that Fox is still alive and that attack on north is stopped. I hear that Fox sees own leopard helping there near his location and I feel that we have hope... after all the hell... we have hope.

and actually...  that was it for me... nothing happened after that but silence :D    and question... was this all of it?   reloading everything, sending damaged brad to repair area. Re positioning and even scouting a little with troops to know if enemy will be coming and from where... and just waiting.

And at that moment I started to have that awkward smile on my face.. to know that I was alive!

Great mission Cougar!  I loved it. So intense, nearly hopeless at the moment. But we make it!

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pain is the nature of life. it is the recognition that I'm nothing more. - Mark Rowland's

Offline Beef

• HAVOC
  • Bellum Simulatis
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2015, 04:12:19 PM »
Very nice post Lumi.

Even though it was "a simulation" of a battle, I think you're talking about the "clash of wills" and what Carl Von Clausewitz describes as the "Culmination Point"; essentially the point past which it is physically impossible for the enemy to obtain his objective. In most battles there is one point or another where everyone from the Commander to the front-line grunt in the trench feels or thinks they can't possibly win or survive much longer.

"Never give up, never surrender"

Yes, the above video is intended to be funny. A clip from a comedy titled "Galaxy Quest" for those who haven't seen it.

What I really mean as an example is this clip from Saving Private Ryan:

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Lumituisku

• HAVOC
  • Howl with the pack
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2015, 06:48:31 PM »

Yes Beef, that is pretty much what I'm talking about. I find it as miracle that we survived. It is easier to stand against enemy in a simulation game. Even when Im person who takes things pretty seriously. But the fact that it felt so... hopeless. If it would been real.. I would probably have been screaming to radio that we must retreat or so. Because it seemed so... literally impossible to achieve what I was expected to do... To me

Yet, this comes as valuable lesson as well. person in a tank or leader of section or even platoon may not see full image.

What looked like impossible to me wasn't impossible since of all that accurate tank fire support from south east, and plenty of artillery that was mashed on enemy.

Like Evil-Fox told to me... it is at times really difficult as a driver, or gunner to trust your commander. In this case CO or platoon leader. But trust you must. That is how wars are won. You... might not, as I wasn't aware of how well south east was able to support my section at the north. Also. In the end. Not many enemy tanks made it trough to our position after all. Only a handful as far as I know.

As a lesson...  I think summary would go something like this.
- Know what is battle plan, not only in your sector but other areas too in case if those can or cannot support you, and what other support you're to get if you're overhelmet.   -  Or... if you do not know. TRUST those who are leading. Keep them informed, and fight!

and when it comes to giving up or surrendering. -  Such things make sense when situation is truly that hopeless, and when you know...  true situation. Not when one thinks he knows. It is better to be alive than dead. Of course there is that other side of table too...  what is important to you. One who fights to the end for nothing is fool. One who balances between what is truly important and what is not is far more vise.

What actually leads to many other questions and topics but naah. Im getting out of subject.  Haha.  too much of... philosophy here. lol.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pain is the nature of life. it is the recognition that I'm nothing more. - Mark Rowland's

Offline Frankie

• HAVOC
  • From Dogs of War to Pipes Of Peace
    • Frankie's Moodurian
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2015, 01:07:06 AM »
A montage of usernames of that campaign ... for  remembrance and posterity sake.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

After the Dogs of War are let slip, let us smoke the Pipes Of Peace.

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2015, 01:22:34 AM »
Now thats cool Frankie.

Was a great mission..Many more to follow.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline RedWardancer

• HAVOC
Frankie
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2015, 12:55:26 PM »
How did you do that?  ???
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Lumituisku

• HAVOC
  • Howl with the pack
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2015, 06:29:04 PM »
Frankie is really good at editing I think :D  I had similar impression on my face when I first saw that.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Frankie

• HAVOC
  • From Dogs of War to Pipes Of Peace
    • Frankie's Moodurian
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2015, 12:26:07 AM »
Hi RedWardancer
It's an Easter Egg inside of SteelBeasts Pro PEfkv 3.025.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 12:28:20 AM by Frankie »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

After the Dogs of War are let slip, let us smoke the Pipes Of Peace.

Tags:

D.O.W. Steel Beasts Sunday Mission 10/09/17 @ GMT19:00

Started by Rinix

Replies: 10
    Views: 4088
    Last post September 12, 2017, 09:22:02 AM
    by Lusik
    D.O.W. Steel Beasts Sunday Mission 23/12/18 @ GMT19:00

Started by Rinix

Replies: 4
    Views: 2662
    Last post December 24, 2018, 12:03:12 AM