Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: SOW Waterloo Multiplayer 25/11/16  (Read 10412 times)

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
SOW Waterloo Multiplayer 25/11/16
« on: November 25, 2016, 03:38:27 PM »

SOW Waterloo Multiplayer 25/11/16 @ 20:30GMT

Friendly and relaxed session.

This is a friendly multiplayer mission. The mission will be decided by the players. It will employ the HITS system.

Mods:

Multiplayer Mod Click here

HITS mod:  Click here

New pointer mod: Click here

Expanded Toolbar V - Grog: Click here

Realistic smoke is optional: Click here

http://dogsofwarvu.com/forum/index.php/topic,3555.msg6090.html#msg6090

NOTE:
D.O.W. are using the KS mod on many occasions. It is possible that we will use this as our standard mod. I advise you to download and have it installed in-case we use it.

KS Modl: Click here

**                      Notes                       **
SOW Version: Waterloo 1.01
Mission Name:
Created by:
Modified by:
Largest command: Army
Smallest command: Brigade
Mission Duration: 150 minutes approx
Minimum number players: 2
Date: Friday 25/11/16
Time: 20:30 GMT
Time (local): Click here
Teamspeak  IP: 104.153.105.2:35200  Please wait in lobby for access to other areas.
Room: Scourge Of War

Player Skill/Ability:
Using HITS so a good understanding of UI
« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 03:40:49 PM by Asid »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Biondo

• Global Moderator
Re: SOW Waterloo Multiplayer 25/11/16
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2016, 07:32:17 PM »
Me and Ciampo can play
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2016, 07:34:21 PM »
I will play :)
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Tuna

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2016, 11:52:38 PM »
Even though I had no clue what I was doing, that was a blast!.. Thanks guys!
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2016, 12:17:01 AM »
9 Players 5 v 4 in friendly

Great game. Biondo and the Prussians pushed us very hard. Well done all the players. Especially the new guys.

Download Replay file Click here

To play the file. Download and extract it to the C:\Users\Username\Documents\SowWL\Saved Games\Replay folder. Only place the ".rep" file in the folder.

Single player > Load Replay > Select file > Press "Load replay"
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Beef

• HAVOC
  • Bellum Simulatis
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2016, 12:45:48 AM »
Great game. I selected a cavalry unit for this event. Hadn't used cav before, so that is my excuse for getting cut off behind enemy lines and getting my general killed in action.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Mr. Digby

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2016, 02:18:47 AM »
Hi guys

I had a complete blast tonight, despite playing the vanilla game which I usually avoid and haven't played in over a year.

It was great to meet you all and gain an understanding of where your group is coming from in terms of your gaming preferences and style.

I hope our two groups can meet up at some future time for some fun friendly games, but if that doesn't work out I will be more than happy to play more with your crowd.

Thanks again.

(P.S. the new guy on the French side [Tuna], you did brilliantly in a very demanding situation!)
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Tuna

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2016, 02:31:54 AM »
Hi guys

I had a complete blast tonight, despite playing the vanilla game which I usually avoid and haven't played in over a year.

It was great to meet you all and gain an understanding of where your group is coming from in terms of your gaming preferences and style.

I hope our two groups can meet up at some future time for some fun friendly games, but if that doesn't work out I will be more than happy to play more with your crowd.

Thanks again.

(P.S. the new guy on the French side [Tuna], you did brilliantly in a very demanding situation!)

Thanks, the means a lot, I felt like a total noob!.. But it was very immersive, first time doing something like that, and it was a blast!
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2016, 02:52:56 AM »
HITS does take some getting used to but is well worth it. It can feel very claustrophobic at first. It creates such an immersive experience that it can be hard to go back to the "birds eye" camera.

I now play exclusively in HITS.

The more you play the more you will get accustomed and enjoy this style.

Plenty more to come.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Tuna

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2016, 04:44:58 AM »
One thing talking to Nef and Hancock after and I know Mr. Didby kept telling me to do it.. I should've taken command at times.. to fine tune their stances.. Probably would've made life easier for me than trying to swivel that darn arrow!.. But again the experience as a whole was a blast, and I really enjoyed it!
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline chrisreb

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2016, 07:28:39 AM »
Thank you so much for a brilliant session. Sorry I had to go but needed to get to bed. Very unique experience, Multiplayer without talking to anyone!  Very tense approach to battle - my boys did fine I think. Certainly had a score of over 600 when I quit the field. Peering through zoom (telescope) and wondering whose flags they were on approach to the fight was fun.

Out on my own for a long time peeping over every rise and sending back reports was very period like.

Will watch the replay as I wondered where the other Prussian Inf had gone when I engaged.  Some real fog of war when I got some orders that should not have come to me meaning a bit of countermarching and a flurry of couriers!
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 07:49:13 AM by chrisreb »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Biondo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2016, 11:16:11 AM »
Chris you did very very well. 8)

I like the way you report any message received. This made me understood that you were taking the wrong road (countermarching towards la Haye so I corrected immediately and you didn't lost time in your manoeuvre.

When Berthier reach la Haye Saint he saw enemy cavalry in southern direction so I stop him and Ciampo to gather their forces and to understand what the situation was.

When we saw that that was only a vanguard I tell him to push them away but, as we expected, they retire in order and control our movement.

When I saw that the French cavalry brigade move to cover their left flank, where were also coming a French  infantry brigade from south, and Berthier tell me that the other cavalry brigade was on their right flank I thought that we have an opportunity to push on their left flank while Ciampo marching towards south.

So Berthier was facing only half of the French cavalry forces and repulsed them with his entire division then forcing French in squares.

At least this is what I think I saw from my position. :)

Ciampo was still moving his two brigades down the road when he suddenly dropped so I take his men under my command deploying a first brigade on the road to the objective while the second take a eastern route to avoid the incoming of the second cavalry brigade.

Once I deployed our central brigade in squares I saw a French infantry brigade coming in front of them, I also lost a gun due to a cavalry charge.

A squadron of French cavalry charge twice one of my squares without breaking it then the squadrons move in a less dangerous position for my men.

Now I tried to deploy in line my men but after a brief musket exchange French withdrew south.

In the meantime, Berthier sent a courier to me to push your brigade towards the objective (maybe you just left the game).

From my position I saw some French battalions routing or retreating pursued by our cavalry so I gave an All out Attack order to your brigade which starts to push hard.

I also push forward my two brigades but too much slowly because I was in an orchard and I saw very little of what we are marching on.

Then the view became more clear and I saw the French holding the objective.

So I was preparing our attack when time limit  reached.

I enjoyed very much. Thank you all who participated
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Mr. Digby

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2016, 11:52:42 AM »
As Biondo says, a reply acknowledging receipt of all messages is extremely helpful to your senior officers. I know you gents have not played many couriers games yet but if you could try and develop this habit it makes a big difference. Sending off a general status report every 15 mins (what you can see of any enemy, their general strength, location and direction of movement and how fresh or damaged your own command is) or when anything significant happens is also very useful and allows the division commander to focus on tactics and not have to pester his subordinates for news ;)
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline chrisreb

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2016, 03:21:01 PM »
I did enjoy myself immensely and had good commanders. Replying to dispatches and progress reports seemed to be getting into the period spirit of things and I thought my Commander would rather that than long silences as I was on detached duty as it were.

Even the command confusion added to the experience and how many times have we read all about that!

Thanks again all and especially Asid for setting it up.  Hope to play again with you all but for wife may have to finish earlier :)
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Stardog765

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2016, 03:43:19 PM »
Yes thank you everyone for the game. Really enjoyed it.  Sorry I had to leave early but couldnt be helped.

I look forward to playing again.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

SOW: Waterloo online MP battle Wednesday 04.04.18 at 21.00 GMT

Started by General Sandman

Replies: 8
    Views: 4165
    Last post April 05, 2018, 10:09:45 AM
    by Colbert
    SOW Gettysburg Multiplayer Saturday 01/08/20 at 20:00 GMT

Started by Biondo

Replies: 4
    Views: 2486
    Last post August 01, 2020, 04:00:15 PM
    by PeterRobbins
    Proposal for a historic campaign of the battle of Waterloo.

Started by neilnilly

Replies: 6
    Views: 1947
    Last post November 07, 2020, 01:37:14 PM
    by neilnilly
    SOW: Waterloo online MP battle Friday 11.05.18 at 20.00 GMT

Started by General Sandman

Replies: 4
    Views: 2789
    Last post May 11, 2018, 07:49:18 PM
    by Colbert
    SOW: Waterloo online MP battle Wednesday 18.04.18 at 20.00 GMT