Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: WINGS: OVER FLANDERS FIELDS - ULTIMATE EDITION  (Read 53403 times)

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Re: WINGS: OVER FLANDERS FIELDS - ULTIMATE EDITION
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2017, 10:44:50 PM »
SPECIAL OFFER 25% OFF Digital Download only -

Offer extended for January grab it whilst you can!

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2017, 04:24:55 PM »
Announcement:

A golden opportunity for those that want to collect, or those with poor internet connections:
the official WOFF UE DVD is now available from our Website .

Please see there for details!

www.overflandersfields.com

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Longknife

« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2017, 06:20:42 PM »
NOW they offer this...

I need to spend more time in WOFF though. I started a career as a trainee so im stuck flying recce missions right now. They are fine but Im itching for some action (said every trainee since the beginning of time... )
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline jhay

« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2017, 01:38:45 AM »
LongKnife,  Has this been working for you with Windows 10?  I've had a serious and expensive problem with Windows 10 and am now very leery of buying programs that take a computer scientist to function.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Longknife

« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2017, 05:37:24 AM »
It works fine most of the time. Every time I start it the 1st mission fails to load. It just get stuck while loading. If you click on the screen you get the prompt to close program. Doing so only closes the flight. The UI is still running & if I retry the flight it works fine the 2nd go.

One word of warning. RTFM! I didnt had had allot of troubles initially. Once I installed DX9 (it needs it) it ran fine.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2017, 12:35:57 PM »

Review: Wings Over Flanders Fields: Ultimate Edition

Wings Over Flanders Fields: Ultimate Edition
OBD Redefines modding by Transcending it
By "CaptSopwith"

Introduction

For the better part of the last decade, Over Flanders Fields has represented one of only a few First World War flight simulations. Within a shrinking market for flight simulations, titles featuring aircraft with eccentric names like Sopwith, Fokker, and Pfalz represent a niche within a niche. Over Flanders Fields, or OFF, began as a third-party mod for Microsoft's Combat Flight Simulator 3. The World War II themed venture was the last combat sim from Microsoft's studio and it received mixed reviews from critics and fans alike. While CFS3 received some third-party support, it was OBD software, and their First World War mod for the sim, that capitalized on a unique opportunity to build not just a World War I sim, but the most fully realized and feature complete recreation of the conflict ever made.

Old Brown Dog Software is the brainchild of Mark "Winding Man" Andrews, who founded OBD in the early 1990s as a company selling audio transformers for valve amplifiers. Andrews had been interested in the First World War for years and discovered the flight sim genre with classic games like Dawn Patrol. Mark recognized the opportunity that the CFS3 engine presented and began working on modding the sim for the First World War. Eventually, he met Mark "Polovski" Rogers and, with the addition of other team members, the project continued to expand.

OBD initially released Over Flanders Fields in phases to give players a sample of the team's capabilities, while also getting a product out as quickly as possible. The first two phases were free to the public, with Phase 3 becoming a commercial venture in order to support the small studio's efforts in expanding the sim. OFF then moved from phased releases to full-fledged titles - OFF: Between Heaven and Hell, OFF: Hat in the Ring (a homage to the famous American 94th Pursuit Squadron), and then Wings Over Flanders Fields, the title change reflected the complete overhaul of the sim. Each successive release improved upon the game's core dynamics: graphical fidelity, immersive design, and most importantly, a dynamic campaign that created a compelling theatre for players to take part in.

Now, OBD's team of designers, developers, and programmers have reached a benchmark they conceived of years ago, and have marked the occasion by releasing what they consider the "Ultimate Edition" of their ultimate First World War flight simulator.

Before I continue, some authorial disclosure: I've been a fan of First World War flight sims since I discovered Wings of Glory in a computer magazine over twenty years ago. I've loved the genre ever since and I've played just about every title released in the last two and a half decades; from F117A Stealth Fighter, Falcon 4.0, Strike Fighters, and DCS to World War II sims like European Air War and IL-2 1946.

But I always seem to return to the First World War. In October 1998, I picked up a copy of Red Baron II, and discovered the flight sim community six months later. Many of the fans who worked on improving Red Baron 3D moved on to work on OFF. The lineage between the two sims through their respective communities means that, essentially, Wings Over Flanders Fields is the spiritual successor to the classic Red Baron series. With all of that said, I want to take you through a detailed review of Wings Over Flanders Fields: Ultimate Edition and highlight the sim's strengths, its weaknesses, and where I think the sim belongs within the larger legacy of flight simulations.

Read full review: Click here
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2017, 03:03:09 AM »
Update V4.14 - 4241
17/03/17

Download (92.1MB): HERE

Fixes WOFF Ultimate 'Champagne' Edition Latest patch includes ALL these changes below.  Newest additions shown first: 17 March 2017   Version 4.14 4241 Includes new features and fixes;

1) Weather stats now reports the correct mode of weather and associated stats.

2) Fixed a bug whereby switching between Historical Weather and Auto Weather could sometimes render seemingly persistent Auto Weather of rain/heavy clouds.

3) Fixed some issues with the DH4 flying wires

4) Added wheel contact fixes for most of the aircraft to help them sit closer to the ground.  Many thanks to Panama Red for these fixes.

5) Included Historical Weather fixes and improvements by BuckEyeBob (many thanks).

6) New Feature:  Added Latest DirectX9 shaders from AnKor for WOFF.   This adds Headshake movements for G forces during manoeuvres, and also adds “mouse look” options and mouse zoom functions to WOFF.

Mouse Look Instructions:  When flying, press the right mouse button , now moving your mouse can let you look around, and the scroll wheel will zoom in and out.   

Press right button again to disable the mouse look/zoom and use as a normal mouse pointer.  If you have Naturalpoint’s TrackIR or other headtracking you can still use the zoom function as above, simply look around using TrackIR without moving the mouse, then right mouse click to  use the wheel on the mouse only to zoom in and out. 

The D3D8.ini file in … \WOFF\WOFFScenery\Shaders   directory will be updated with new settings as shown below . You can also change the behaviour or disable the mouse look completely by editing that file in a text editor (make a backup first). Note their default values will be applied if a setting is missing.

new settings in d3d8.ini;
OffsetSpring=12
RotationSpring=24
;Offset and Rotation Spring controls how much the view resists the acceleration, lower values make the view deviate from forward/center more and return slower.

OffsetResponse=6
;Sort of "anti-damping". Higher values will make the view shake more and respond to smaller changes in speed.
;Acceptable range for values above is 2 to 100 or so. The effect is non-linear so it may be difficult to adjust.

ZoomInStep=20
ZoomOutStep=20
;Controls zoom increment/decrement steps. Valid values from 1 to 50.   20 is exactly the default value for CFS3/WOFF.

ZoomSpeed=5
;Smooth zoom speed. Zoom still changes step-wise, but transition between steps is smooth now.
;Range of values 0 to 10. Set to 0 to disable smooth zoom.

MouseLookSpeed=5
;Self explanatory I hope smile
;Range 0 to 10. Value of 0 disables mouse look entirely.

InvertMouseZoom=0
;Default behavior in this version is mouse wheel up (away) = zoom-in. If you prefer it to be inverse add InvertMouseZoom=1 into the ini file.

HeadShake=1
; Set to 0 to disable acceleration effects.

MouseLookResetDelay=5
; Time in seconds before mouse look automatically returns to centered view.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2017, 03:07:35 AM »
Early Easter Special Offer now on! See the Store to purchase.

http://www.overflandersfields.com/store.html
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2017, 02:57:26 AM »
Version 4.15 4241
10 April 2017

Download (94.3MB): HERE

Includes new features and fixes;
1) Since 16 Bit Render Depth is no longer available on Windows 8 and Windows 10 operating systems (support removed by Microsoft), WOFF now defaults to 32bit mode on Win 8 and Win 10.  Normally most users won’t see any problem anyway but this is cleaner.
2) DH5 Aircraft fix – the propeller was sometimes not seen in Cockpit view.
3) Incorporates Buckeye Bob's latest Historical weather database updates (6th April 2017)
4) Fixed some unit data errors in a few facilities.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2017, 02:45:23 PM »
WOFF UE has a new lower price !

WINGS OVER FLANDERS FIELDS
ULTIMATE EDITION
Digital DOWNLOAD only (for PC)

The Ultimate Edition of what many are now saying is the most immersive World War One flight simulator available. Around 80 flyable authentic WW1 aircraft, and a truly amazing dynamic campaign,  the best WW1 AI available and much more, puts YOU in the Great Air
War more than any other flight simulator.

Digital Download only.     
FOR PC. 
Important:  please see the Support page for full requirements before
purchase and  see the Product page for more details.

Tremendous value with 6 WOFF packages in one:    Original Price was $64.99*  NEW Low Price!  $45.99*

* plus taxes if applicable.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2017, 04:59:24 PM »
WINGS OVER FLANDERS FIELDS Additional Albatros D.III OAW skins for WOFF UE.

Adds dozens  of remastered skins for the Albatros D.III OAW aircraft, and a few for the D.III and D.III Early. Note copyright remains with OBD  software, only licensed for use with WOFF UE - and designed for WOFF UE aircraft

FREE Download: here
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2017, 12:36:33 AM »
Version 4.17 4241
3 October 2017

1) Reduced AI and Gun sound levels
2) Incorporated Bucksnort’s bombs redux  (corrects the differences between bomb mass and damage).

Download (117MB): HERE

2 October 2017   Version 4.16 4241

1) Issue with Balloon Kills that sometimes were not credited should now be resolved 2) Fokker DVIIF model fix  - (broken ribs were showing even with no damage).
3) Fixed a database issue with MFJ I and SK Saschenburg causing missions to fail on 1 Oct 1916 and 31 Jan 1917 respectively.
4) Fixed an issue with Ace Tripe skins not showing correctly.  RNAS-1 now look resplendent :)  Provided you have installed the free skins pack - see Store page to get that if you have not.
5) Fixed issue with Gotha and Nieuport 12 models - flight members were using same skin as player.
6) Improved AI craft engine sound rendering.
7) Improved flags for Germany in campaign menus and mission brief
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2018, 04:22:58 PM »
WINGS OVER FLANDERS FIELDS ULTIMATE EDITION

* * WINTER SALE NOW ON * *

Own around 80 flyable aircraft -all included!

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Frankie

• HAVOC
  • From Dogs of War to Pipes Of Peace
    • Frankie's Moodurian
« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2018, 03:48:15 PM »
WOFF is a visually stunning WWI combat flight simulator.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

After the Dogs of War are let slip, let us smoke the Pipes Of Peace.

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2018, 04:07:58 PM »
WOFF is a visually stunning WWI combat flight simulator.

Also they do not try to bleed you dry  :Wag finger

Did I mention great customer service?
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

OBD Developing Wings Over The Reich

Started by Stardog765