Translations for our friends around the world.

New URL: www.Schwerpunkt.Games

Click image to go to main site  www.Schwerpunkt.Games

Author Topic: World War II Europe Potential Change List V1.09  (Read 32789 times)

Offline schwerpt

• Schwerpunkt Games Developer
    • Schwerpunkt
Re: World War II Europe Potential Change List V1.09
« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2017, 02:52:34 AM »
I am working to a 10-30-2017 date for v1.9, but this continues to be dependent on my day job.  I have had a surge in Schwerpunkt time for the last 2 weeks.  I also have this weekend planned for development.

Ron
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2017, 03:38:25 AM »
Thanks for the update Ron  :thumbsup
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Ronster

« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2017, 03:40:39 AM »
Any recent news especially concerning defensive air support, and any more thoughts on the grand campaign?

Ron
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline schwerpt

• Schwerpunkt
« Reply #48 on: August 08, 2017, 04:43:05 AM »
Defensive air support will definitely be a part of v1.9.  I am still working on it, but so far it looks good and plays well.

I have also improved the scrolling function, using Photoshop method of scrolling.  The capability now goes all the way across the top and bottom.

V1.9 will have more scenarios released. Many of the 1943 Eastern Front scenarios will be included, as well as the Western Front ones already mentioned.

I think I know how to activate units in the AI for the Grand Campaign scenario.  Paper design only at this time.  The temptation is to jump at this one now, but I am patiently building the others first.

Ron 
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Ronster

« Reply #49 on: August 12, 2017, 06:58:47 AM »
What turn do the Russians come in in the Poland 39 scenario? My solo game is stalled until I know the answer.  Putting down the turn would be helpful in the scenario notes.  Maybe you could do that for V1.9.  I realize you are very busy, but in the RGW forum I have a question and also a comment.  My game in RGW is stalled too.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Ronster

« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2017, 06:53:10 PM »
Hey WWII Europe Players,

There is mention in the RGW folder that Ron could implement an option in WWII Europe to make stacking only 3 high.  What does everyone thing about this?  To me, it would make the game a more manageable.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline pzgndr

• Empires in Arms Development Team
« Reply #51 on: August 15, 2017, 04:24:18 PM »
For Poland 39, the scenario notes indicate "Russian units should not start their attack until turn 3 (17 Sep 1939) as they did historically," unless optional rule 4 is selected for No 1939 Russia vs Poland.

For the stacking issue, Ron has a code limit of nine counters per hex.  But this fails to consider unit size, so players could have 9 divisions or 9 regiments or whatever.  Ideally, unit size should be factored in so that a limit of 3 division-equivalents is imposed.  Or perhaps a max limit on combat factors, say 30 based on 3 standard German infantry divisions.  My concern is not so much to make the game more manageable that way, but to impose some realistic limitations on stacking so you cannot have half a dozen full-strength divisions attacking/defending across a 7.5-mile hexside.  So maybe the 9-counter limit plus a 30-40 combat factor limit could work.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline schwerpt

• Schwerpunkt
« Reply #52 on: August 16, 2017, 02:32:53 AM »
AGW took into account unit size, and it made things so complex that many wargamers complained.  It is more realistic, but these games are always a tradeoff between realism and playability.  I like the simplicity of the 3 unit limit as an option.  RGW did not have the problem, because all units were divisions except a very very few.  It had a 3 limit max per hex.  I'll code in the 3 unit max limit as an option for v1.9, and we can try it.  If it does not work, we can revisit this one.

Ron
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline pzgndr

• Empires in Arms Development Team
« Reply #53 on: August 16, 2017, 01:56:35 PM »
I'll code in the 3 unit max limit as an option for v1.9, and we can try it.  If it does not work, we can revisit this one.

Could you make the option limit a variable that players could set and experiment with?  Like the old supply truck range option in RGW, which is something else that would be nice to have in WWII-E. 
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Ronster

« Reply #54 on: August 17, 2017, 04:53:51 PM »
Ron, 

I would like to see that option for the three stacking. I would be glad to test that out in a couple of scenarios.  Any other players have input on this?
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline bootlegger267

« Reply #55 on: August 20, 2017, 06:01:46 PM »
I like to have that option.....

Bootlegger267
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Schwerpunkt Valencia

« Reply #56 on: August 26, 2017, 10:30:09 AM »
Hi All,

My input on this is that game should enable the 3 division stacking limit factoring smaller units into that -something like a stacking limit of 9 brigades or 9 regiments- Otherwise it is not historically accurate. Remember there are some armies with a higher proportion of smaller units than others.

Donīt know how difficult is to set up the software for that: Ron is the one who exactly knows.

By the way, Ron, hope you are keeping track of some subjects to be ironed out in the next patch such replacements, additional units and the like. I can post you a list of what was supposed to be dealt with.

Kind regards

Schwerpunkt Valencia
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline schwerpt

• Schwerpunkt
« Reply #57 on: August 26, 2017, 05:26:12 PM »
I maintain a list of all changes suggested, and prioritize them for each version number.  Not to worry.  Just because it did not make this version does not mean it is lost.

The problem with stacking based on unit size is complexity of code and the law of unintended consequences.  It almost doubled the size of the code in AGW!  But I can use the text file that comes with the game to allow the player to select a fixed max number of units per hex. It can be changed at the start of each scenario.  So far a East Front or Italy scenario, you can set it at 3, since most units are divisions.  For a North Africa scenario you can set it at 6 since most units are brigades or regiments.

I am working on the game today.  Hurricane Harvey had no effect on us so far.
Ron
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

No airfield list in scenario #42

Started by Franciscus

Replies: 3
    Views: 3620