Translations for our friends around the world.

New URL: www.Schwerpunkt.Games

Click image to go to main site  www.Schwerpunkt.Games

Author Topic: WWII-E v1.0.8 Released  (Read 8636 times)

Offline schwerpt

• Schwerpunkt Games Developer
    • Schwerpunkt
WWII-E v1.0.8 Released
« on: November 14, 2016, 01:19:07 AM »
Hello,

I have just uploaded the setup and content file to the Drop Box.  Please use the link originally supplied to you.  If you have any problems, just send an email to me at schwerpt@gmail.com.  I'll re-send the link to you.

My apologies for taking so long to get this one out.  I hope to do much better on v1.0.9.  I am re-building my comment file, and will post it shortly.  I want to get feedback on which items are your priority for v1.0.9

Enjoy!
Ron
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Re: WWII-E v1.0.8 Released
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2016, 02:42:04 AM »
This is great Ron.

I look forward to trying it.

Regards
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline schwerpt

• Schwerpunkt
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2016, 04:16:22 AM »
Minor glitch here.  If you download, and it still says v1.0.7, then you have an old version.  I am working on the problem, and will post when I fix it.

Thanks,
Ron
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline schwerpt

• Schwerpunkt
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2016, 05:37:20 AM »
Fun with Drop Box.

Please send me an email at schwerpt@gmail.com, and I will send you the new link.  An old version (the beta version) crept in.  It is now gone, and in its place is the new v1.0.8.

Easy test is Help/About, and it should say v1.0.8 if you have the right one.

Sorry for the inconvenience.  Will respond to emails for a while tonight, and then starting at 7PM CST tomorrow.  First come, first serve!

Ron
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Gray_Lensman

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2016, 04:50:13 AM »
re: scenarios that install with the v1.08 setup installation

Seems they all have date stamps of 11/29/2015. Are these all up to date, or do we need to overwrite them with scenarios available in the Drop Box with LATER date stamps, or maybe with scenarios posted in the Drop Box AFTER the v1.08 setup date in the Drop Box?

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2016, 05:25:04 PM »
Hi Gray_Lensman

Welcome to the forum.

If you download and install the latest V1.08 (check in Help>about in game) you will be fine. Only scenario 36 is extra. It is available through the DB link you received.

Regards
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Gray_Lensman

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2016, 10:16:09 PM »
Hi Gray_Lensman

Welcome to the forum.

If you download and install the latest V1.08 (check in Help>about in game) you will be fine. Only scenario 36 is extra. It is available through the DB link you received.

Regards

Appreciate the response Asid, but since this involves the conflicted Date Stamps of the Scenarios themselves, I would prefer to hear directly from Ron Dockal, the programmer/designer himself as to whether the scenarios in the v1.08 setup files (dated 11/29/2015) actually contain the changes made to selected scenarios since that date. It seems rather odd that they would be date stamped 11/29/2015 if the changes made just during the last year (2016) were incorporated into files date stamped the previous year. It is most unusual for files to be back dated with changes made after the fact.

The use of Drop Box does in fact complicate the date stamping process as the files seem to be created/modified date stamped at the time they are downloaded from Ron's Drop Box, BUT the fact remains that there are also several other scenario files that were uploaded to his drop box during 2016 (seemingly modified after 11/29/2015), so all I'm seeking is a direct validation from Ron that these additional reworked (2016 scenarios) with their changes have indeed been incorporated into the backdated scenarios files contained in the v1.08 setup file.

I am referring to

scen35.wwe
scen37.wwe
scen38.wwe
scen42.wwe

all of which I downloaded 09/28/2016
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline schwerpt

• Schwerpunkt
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2016, 04:06:46 AM »
I checked the files for #35, #36, #37, #38 and #42.  #36 and #38 were the missing ones.  I uploaded #38 to give everyone the full set.

I looked at the other three, and you have the latest.  The reason for the weird date stamp is that the game itself creates the scenarios files from a text file.  It does not change the stamp to the latest date, but rather keeps the first date that the file was created.

Thanks for catching this.  The error was mine based on putting out a beta version and having some of the files in a separate folder during the creation of the setup program.

Ron
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Gray_Lensman

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2016, 04:55:39 AM »
I checked the files for #35, #36, #37, #38 and #42.  #36 and #38 were the missing ones.  I uploaded #38 to give everyone the full set.

I looked at the other three, and you have the latest.  The reason for the weird date stamp is that the game itself creates the scenarios files from a text file.  It does not change the stamp to the latest date, but rather keeps the first date that the file was created.

Thanks for catching this.  The error was mine based on putting out a beta version and having some of the files in a separate folder during the creation of the setup program.

Ron

Thank you Ron
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

WWIIE Patch v1.08 Incoming.

Started by Asid

Replies: 0