Translations for our friends around the world.

Scourge Of War

Author Topic: Had a good session last night with Beef and Stardog.  (Read 4465 times)

Online Asid

• HAVOC
Had a good session last night with Beef and Stardog.
« on: November 06, 2016, 01:50:08 PM »
Had a good session last night with Beef and Stardog. It is early days but this has great potential for multiplayer.

We watched Beef attempt to take Hougoumont with his trusty brigade of Frenchmen. He would not give up. Though the did not meet the scenario conditions relating to time etc. He did eventually take and hold it.

Great victory Beef.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Beef

• HAVOC
  • Bellum Simulatis
Re: Had a good session last night with Beef and Stardog.
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2016, 02:50:49 PM »
An excerpt from wikipedia of how it actually went at Hougoumont, which seems so similar to my attempt as well:

The initial attack by Maréchal de Camp Bauduin's 1st Brigade of the 6th Division emptied the wood and park, but was driven back by heavy British artillery fire and cost Bauduin his life. The British guns were distracted into an artillery duel with French guns and this allowed a second attack by Maréchal de Camp Baron Soye's 2nd Brigade of the 6th Division. They managed a small breach on the south side but could not exploit it. An attack on the north side by elements of the 1st Brigade of the 6th Division was more successful.

This attack led to one of the most famous skirmishes in the Battle of Waterloo — Sous-Lieutenant Legros, wielding an axe, managed to break through the north gate. A desperate fight ensued between the invading French soldiers and the defending Guards. In a near-miraculous attack, Macdonell, a small party of officers and Corporal James Graham fought through the melee to shut the gate, trapping Legros and about 30 other soldiers of the 1st Legere inside. All of the French who entered, apart from a young drummer boy, were killed in a desperate hand-to-hand fight.

The British and German Garrison were running low on ammunition and a Driver of the Royal Waggon Train distinguished himself by driving an ammunition cart through the French lines to resupply the troops despite his horses receiving wounds. The French attack in the immediate vicinity of the farm was repulsed by the arrival of the 2nd Coldstream Guards and 2/3rd Foot Guards. Fighting continued around Hougoumont all afternoon with its surroundings heavily invested with French light infantry and coordinated cavalry attacks sent against the troops behind Hougoumont.

Wellington's army defended the house and the hollow way running north from it. In the afternoon Napoleon personally ordered the shelling of the house to cause it to burn, Seeing the flames, Wellington sent a note to the house's commander stating that he must hold his position whatever the cost, resulting in the destruction of all but the chapel. Du Plat's brigade of the King's German Legion was brought forward to defend the hollow way, which they had to do without any senior officers, who were then relieved by the 71st Foot, a Scottish light infantry regiment. Adam's brigade, further reinforced by Hugh Halkett's 3rd (Hanoverian) Brigade, successfully repulsed further infantry and cavalry attacks sent by Reille and maintained the occupation of Hougoumont until the end of the battle.

Even the farm buildings appear to be accurately modeled

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Stardog765

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2016, 05:36:36 PM »
Heck of a try there Beef, was enjoyable to watch..
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Stardog765

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2016, 04:57:17 AM »
Haha! Viva Le France!!!

« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 01:31:12 PM by Stardog765 »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline wilso845

• HAVOC
  • ArmA
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2016, 05:58:39 AM »
"Le" France but I will let you off brah it's definitely more of a civilised war in those times, when it was bad form to shoot officers and gentlemen of higher standing.

Mind you all you had to do was have money and you could raise and run your own regiment...
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Online Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2016, 12:49:57 PM »
Haha! Viva La France!!!

Nice one SD

You save the replay?

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Stardog765

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2016, 01:30:43 PM »
No replay dude but I think we looking at that scenario all wrong.  We are never meant to or going to take that damn fort with a regiment.  We would need the full force to do that.
Our objective is to take and hold the woods and secondary is put fir on that fort to soften it up I think.

I moved into the woods faster and with a larger force than just the skirmishers. I reformed them into their battalion and moved the whole group into the woods with another battalion pushing in from the right side.  The soldiers in the woods caved much quicker and ran back to the fort but didnt go in they reformed in between us and the fort and we fought it out for a long while with my other battalions putting fire on the left side of the fort.  Who knows, maybe I just got lucky but regardless taking that fort with a brigade aint gonna happen brahs.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Online Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2016, 02:45:56 PM »
I hear ya SD.... I will still storm the farmhouse!  ;D
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

Scourge of War Waterloo Multiplayer session

Started by Asid

Replies: 8
    Views: 6924
    Last post November 08, 2016, 04:03:14 PM
    by Asid
    Good defensive location?

Started by Asid

Replies: 2
    Views: 2814
    Last post December 09, 2016, 05:23:25 PM
    by Asid
    session SOW Waterloo Multiplayer 01/03/17 ?

Started by Miko

Replies: 4
    Views: 2949
    Last post March 01, 2017, 12:57:40 PM
    by Asid
    Recognition for our Scourge of War Sessions

Started by Asid

Replies: 13
    Views: 11327
    Last post January 02, 2018, 06:42:22 PM
    by Fabian