Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: Kriegspiel Mod (K.S)  (Read 26566 times)

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Re: SOW: WL Kriegspiel Mod (K.S)
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2016, 05:52:05 PM »
Will stock scenarios work?
Uncle Billy (creator of mod)

"The stock scenarios should be playable, but what may differ is the outcome. In NSD-land, the final numerical score solely determines the level of defeat or victory. This number was arrived at by averaging the scores of the people who tested the scenario using the vanilla game. Given the large number of changes made by the KS mod, that number may be ridiculously easy to achieve or impossible."

However, if you play the scenarios with a view that a real life commander would take; have I achieved my objective and do I still have a fighting force left, then the scenarios may still hold a lot of entertainment value.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Re: Kriegspiel Mod (K.S)
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2016, 11:12:56 PM »
Using Gettysburg maps with Waterloo (KS mod)

Once you have downloaded and extracted "KS SOW Supplemental Maps114", you will see that this file also contains an empty shell folder named GB lsl Files. It is for map files that are to be copied from Scourge of War - Gettysburg (SOWGB).

This will allow you to use the stock SOWGB maps and expansion pack maps with the KS Napoleon Mod.

Instructions:

1. Place the "GB lsl Files" folder into the Mods folder..

2. Open the "GB lsl Files" folder. Create a folder inside it called "Maps"

It should look like this:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Scourge of War Waterloo\Mods\GB lsl Files\Maps

C:\Matrix Games\Scourge of War Waterloo\Mods\GB lsl Files\Maps

3. Open your Scourge of War - Gettysburg\Base\Maps folder.

C:\Matrix Games\Scourge of War - Anniversary Edition\Base\Maps

4. Copy all the files that end in ".lsl" EXCEPT "Ant_1.lsl", "Ant_2.lal" and "Ant_3.lsl"
into the "GB lsl Files\Maps" folder.  These are already in the Supplemental Maps mod.

My "Map" folder. Note: I have all of the GB expansions.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2016, 01:56:16 AM »
KS Napoleon Mod 1.23 and Supplemental Maps 1.15 Update

A new version of the KS Napoleon Mod II 1.23 and KS Supplemental Maps 1.15 has been released.  The download links are in the first post of the mod thread, KS Napoleon Mod

The updates includes 4 new maps.  Two from Crikey, Russian Spring Alpine, (replaces the Austrian Alpine version),  and a Russian version of Rio Espanol, (Smolensk). Two are from Mark Tewes, Eylau, (Poland) and German Chattanooga 7.5 mile, (most of the forests have been removed).  These are all excellent maps.  I also added a KS version of the command map for the Ligny map, (Belgium).

Gameplay enhancements include a change to the artillery.  This mod stops the guns from firing when friendly troops are between the guns and the enemy and within 150 yd. of the enemy.  Previously, the guns stopped firing when friendly troops were in front of the guns and within 150 yd. of them.  Both restrictions are now in effect.

The buttons for detaching and reattaching units now work correctly.  Also the buttons for guard unit, (by cav. or inf.), screen, (cav.), scout,(cav.), and raid weak targets, (cav), work correctly.  They only appear for regiments/battalions.  SOWWL removed the feature that allowed them to work at the brigade level.  Pressing the button a second time will stop the unit from performing the function and reattach it to its brigade.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline General Sandman

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2018, 05:56:39 PM »
Its more than 1 year ago since the last posting.
Is the MOD worth to be played,yet?
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Who we were

“We were the ones who knew but did not understand, well informed but without insight, overloaded with factual data but poor in experience and wisdom. So we went, not stopped by ourselves."

Based on Roger Willemsen R.I.P.

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2018, 06:12:19 PM »

We used it extensively. It did not behave in a manner which our group found enjoyable.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline General Sandman

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2018, 11:26:43 AM »

We used it extensively. It did not behave in a manner which our group found enjoyable.

I see, but which were the major criteria that made this MOD appear less suitable for you?
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Who we were

“We were the ones who knew but did not understand, well informed but without insight, overloaded with factual data but poor in experience and wisdom. So we went, not stopped by ourselves."

Based on Roger Willemsen R.I.P.

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2018, 12:14:02 PM »

I see, but which were the major criteria that made this MOD appear less suitable for you?

Hi General Sandman.

I originally convinced our group to download and use the KS mod. One of the games we had 12 players. I urged them to stick with it. However there were problems and anomalies. I did reach out to the mod creator on several occasions but got nowhere.

Some of the problems were/are:
•   AI behaviour
•   Line Of Sight issues
•   Artillery behaviour.
•   Unacceptable amount of couriers appearing. (dozens). In fact it was confused with enemy cavalry on several occasions

These are the main ones I remember. Our group decided NOT to play with the mod. Ultimately I was disappointed because the mod seemed exactly what we wanted on.

I am NOT an expert on Napoleonics but I do know when something is wrong.

Regards

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

How to install mods

Started by Asid

Replies: 0