Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: Taking Fire Discovery series  (Read 2619 times)

Offline Don_prince

• Member.
  • A J
Taking Fire Discovery series
« on: October 28, 2016, 01:28:37 PM »
So I found this taking fire series a while back, I just left it thinking to look it up if I can't sleep and am stone dead bored or need to get my mind of dayly stuff. Soo yesterday night I gave it a go.

It is extreemly good. This is not for everyone, as this is not a movie. They claim this is real footage!

From wikipedia:
Taking Fire is Personal Documentary series which involves the actual participants filming their personal war experiences while on a 1 year deployment in Afghanistan. The show is a Discovery Channel Series about the 101st Airborne Division with personal hand held and helmet cameras. The action unfolds during America's farthest flung outpost in the Korangal Valley, deep in Taliban-held country throughout 2010. The rookies wanted to capture what they saw using their personal cameras and bring the footage the folks back home. The footage they brought back charts an extraordinary first-eye view of modern warfare in what's considered one of the deadliest places on earth.

Their combat footage takes viewers into the heart combat. action, with a visceral perspective not captured by news reporters or traditional documentaries. The segments document the personal struggles, confusions, joys and sadness of war. The men in the Discovery Channel series leave the United States for Afghanistan seeking to serve their country however what they they experience possibly something different than what they anticipated,

Taking Fire showcases American Military soldiers under intense fire from Taliban positions in Afghanistan. The men experience IED explosions, pinned down under enemy machine gun fire and many of the surviving soldiers give accounts on the operations and speak of their fellow soldiers who did not return. The footage seen in the show has been approved for public viewing by the Department of Defense. The show contains upsetting images and redacted profanity.

So beware, especialy if you have memorys as I know some of you here have. Now its a lot of cut and paste and it has been put in to the standard irritating repetative american tv standard with spoilers before what is happening. I think most of you are with me in just preferring as less as possible cut chronological story's. However still this is quit good.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 01:30:15 PM by Don_prince »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

The Expanse. TV Series

Started by Asid

Replies: 6
    Views: 9033
    Last post December 29, 2020, 06:05:03 PM
    by Cougar11
    Intel Launches 18-core Xeon E7 v3 Series Processors

Started by Asid

Replies: 0
    Views: 2924
    Last post May 06, 2015, 05:37:07 PM
    by Asid
    RESIDENT EVIL: Infinite Darkness TV Series

Started by Asid

Views: 1441
    Last post September 28, 2020, 02:25:14 PM
    by Asid
    German zeppelin Hindenburg catches fire

Started by Asid

Views: 2748
    Last post May 06, 2016, 05:20:11 PM
    by Asid
    LOST (TV SERIES): Recreated Island in Far Cry 5 Map Editor!

Started by Asid

Views: 1895
    Last post May 08, 2018, 11:19:38 AM
    by Asid