Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: DOW Saturday Mission continuation of 4-7 CAV Campaign Phase 2  (Read 4686 times)

Offline Cougar11

• HAVOC
I am partially done with the second phase of the 4-7 CAV Campaign mission. My hope is to have it done by Thursday at the latest. Will be great if I would be able to test it with one or more people on Wednesday or Thursday to make sure it is ready. I will post more as I get the briefing done, and hope to have the standard post ready to be put up in any and all locations as soon as it is done. Would be great if the same CO or someone that would be willing to take the position that is not part of testing. Here is a little info on it so far.

I have continued the mission with what was left or damaged from the previous battle. Keep this in mind as a player and CO as your actions will affect the next mission.
Support, supply, repair, and additional units have been added or will become available depending.
The Greeks are there to help a little  ;)
Mostly defense but difficult
This will test your ability to use what you have or don't have.
This could get intense!!!!!

More to follow in a summary and mission briefing.  8)
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Lumituisku

• HAVOC
  • Howl with the pack
Re: DOW Saturday Mission continuation of 4-7 CAV Campaign Phase 2
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 03:27:09 PM »

First - Sorry that I didn't reply to your first post. There wasn't much to add there and I simply felt really unsure of what to say.

Reason is same as right now and it follows like this.

I have been thinking change to be one who CO:s your missions. - However I'm a bit unsure of myself. I feel that I could do it but do I have enough self confidence for something as large as this? Perhaps I have but in kind of level I'm afraid that I would not be good enough. And that is so typical of me that I don't want to do something if I'm not sure that I can do it well enough. Basicly Im afraid that someone would not like my CO: ing. I'm aware that it is probably most pointless fear in dogs of war but still I feel like so. I know that in many ways I really would like to try but then again, there is some stress building up so maybe it is not for me, this time.

As second reason. there is the fact that after I started to go on long outdoor walks and chores to get myself...  my back to heal up. I have been feeling extremely tired at the evenings. That's what happened last Saturday evening. Was just way too tired to stay online for  evenings mission. And I'm afraid that this pattern might repeat for this week and maybe next week too. Even now I feel rather tired after 4 miles snow shoe walking. 

- - -

As for your Campaign. I love it, and your ideas. And I'm most certainly looking to be there when this is played. :) 

If I'm online when you will run test. I will more than gladly help you do test it. ^^
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pain is the nature of life. it is the recognition that I'm nothing more. - Mark Rowland's

Offline Cougar11

• HAVOC
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2015, 10:38:49 PM »
Thank you Lumi, and for the ideas you shared with me the other day. You are very insightful.

I would be willing to go over any questions, thoughts, concerns, and help you in anyway to develop your abilities as a CO, and your confidence anytime that it works for you and me. I am sure during the week we can get a small group together here and there to do small missions with you or anyone else as a CO to practice, and develop skills and confidence. Maybe after one or many missions, you can take on even the biggest missions, or TGIF  ???  :P

You are more than welcome to take on the CO whenever you want to, or feel up to it. Same goes for anyone out there for our missions.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Cougar11

• HAVOC
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2015, 06:47:23 AM »
Mission is done. All that is needed to do is to test with a few players in multi-player, to make sure it is all good, and to get any needed feed back. Back story, summary, and briefing to come Thursday CST USA after or possibly before testing. I have beaten this on my own, but just barely. Will see how multi-player goes.

Quick summary.

After clearing, and securing the town of St. Joseph, DOW Troop while conducting recovery and resupply, is informed of a major counter attack from the NE. Enemy forces consist of Serbian/Albanian forces of mostly infantry and old model BRDM, BMP, and T model tanks in low numbers. Ukranian/Romanian forces with moderate era equipment of scouts, BMP, and T model tanks. Last but not least Russian with more modern era BMP, and T model tanks. Repairs still ongoing, and not up to full fighting strength, DOW will conduct a hasty defense, with help from a Greek infantry company, and support of a STRV platoon. Vehicle should be up soon. DOW will have to hold with what it has till the rest of the vehicles can get into the battle. Deploy-able minefields, artillery, air strikes, and good use of infantry placement with their STORM launchers, not to mention skill in the vehicle will be the only thing that keeps you alive. Make your shots count, as you will most likely need every round if you stay alive!!!

Looking for a CO to take the mission Thursday night or Friday, and develop the plan, and have it ready for Saturday. Please talk to me online prior to making your plan, and to get the mission from me. I will be online off and on Thursday, and parts of Friday. Will not give it out till tested, and all documents are done so that the plan will take with final version of mission. Good luck!!  8)
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline BobasEb

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2015, 06:44:19 PM »
I can help with testing today i'm good until 22:00 22:30 MST
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline RedWardancer

• HAVOC
Playtester standing by
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2015, 08:06:12 PM »
The ONLY good thing about not having a job, is that one has quite a large amount of spare time to play games.   8)

Do not misunderstand me.  Wish I were working right now  >:(
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Cougar11

• HAVOC
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2015, 03:42:56 AM »
It is currently 2140 CST. I am going to be online in TS shortly, and will be ready for testing for anyone that is able. I will be writing the briefing, and summary for the mission.

When I ran the mission it took me 1.50. Could have been done sooner though.

Easy to say though it will take us at least an hour or two to complete on Saturday.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Cougar11

• HAVOC
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Lumituisku

• HAVOC
  • Howl with the pack
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2015, 04:28:36 PM »
Thank you Lumi, and for the ideas you shared with me the other day. You are very insightful.

I would be willing to go over any questions, thoughts, concerns, and help you in anyway to develop your abilities as a CO, and your confidence anytime that it works for you and me. I am sure during the week we can get a small group together here and there to do small missions with you or anyone else as a CO to practice, and develop skills and confidence. Maybe after one or many missions, you can take on even the biggest missions, or TGIF  ???  :P

You are more than welcome to take on the CO whenever you want to, or feel up to it. Same goes for anyone out there for our missions.

Hmm. Well there are quite few questions I have had on my mind but I will reserve those for later. Im actually planning to make topic about CO:ing to there. ^^
During week it might be difficult to see me online when you are, but if we see. I'm more than up to play any mission and if its small enough willing to try to CO it as well.
Maybe at 2016 I will be ready to take on even biggest missions as challenge. :)

Thank you Cougar.

And this Campaign looks so great! :)
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pain is the nature of life. it is the recognition that I'm nothing more. - Mark Rowland's

Tags:

D.O.W. Steel Beasts Sunday Mission 24/09/17 @ GMT19:00

Started by Rinix

Replies: 12
    Views: 4641
    Last post September 25, 2017, 02:56:32 PM
    by Asid
    D.O.W. Steel Beasts Sunday Mission 06/01/19 @ GMT19:00

Started by Rinix

Replies: 7
    Views: 3580
    Last post January 07, 2019, 02:35:30 AM