Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: First photos of Finland's BMP-2 MD (Fin) aka modernized BMP-2  (Read 8149 times)

Offline Lumituisku

• HAVOC
  • Howl with the pack
Article from Iltalehti magazines website
Tuesday, 03.03.2015 at 18.32

This seems the army renewed BMP-2

Nothing but the stunning beauty. Iltalehti magazine has received the first photographs of the Defense Forces modernized IFV, "BMP-2".

Here it is. The new Cloaking with an assault tank BMP-2, MD (FIN) prototype autumn and winter terrain. Powered by a 300 horsepower-old faithful 6 cylinder diesel engine. (Fin army-image)

Army reform the next few years, about one hundred Soviet-BMP that Finland had already purchased over 25 years ago. The PC is familiar from a war photos in Ukraine - BMP-2.

Renewed running game does not actually impress with its shapes. The appearance of an assault wagon resembles a frog.

Appearances can be deceptive - literally. Tanks are equipped with protective masks, which hinder the enemy from seeing the wagon.

- Modernised IFVs will be introduced by 2019. The PC will be the Army's mass production at the first after the completion of the first turn of the year, the infantry inspector Colonel Jukka Valkeajärvi says.

Top Force transport

Carriages renew Finnish Conlog Ltd. The acquisition of employment for about 50 person-years. The total value is over 35 million.

Infantry fighting vehicle will be made to the life-cycle update, which allows the Army operational forces in mechanized battle groups will be able to use the wagons at least the 2030s to the end.

Trolleys equipped with, inter alia, night vision devices and Cloaking.

The trolley management system is digitized, the wagon dark martial ability reformed the best in Western systems. The wagon was detectable from the air and deducted from the new "moving object camouflage system" or mask.

- Assault Tanks have been developed for infantry shock stage was to support and protect the transport of the battle. They can house the Jaeger group that once dismounted will be fighting infantry way Valkeajärvi says.

Renewed assault wagons are intended for national defense. In the same units are the latest Leopard battle tanks, which operate in conjunction with an assault wagon with and support each other.

White Lake of the mechanized troops of the Army's spearhead units with ability to face the opponent's best-equipped troops throughout the year and times of day.

Domestic invention

Face lifted BMPs first prototypes were controlled by the Army Headquarters in Hämeenlinna Armour School and the Armoured Brigade, as well as the domestic industry. The trailer is, therefore, of the Army and the uniform industry "innovations".

The wagon weight increases a half tons to 13.5 tons. Multiply the width of ten cents.

In BMP will be installed in the new thermal imaging systems, optical aerial shooting sight, endoscopic optical, thermal cameras, front and rear. The trolley system call is placed, and the transmitter-receiver system will be renewed.

The trailer must be equipped with facilities, including the interior heater and seats.

Bemarin the driver's status, thermal cameras and endoscopic display. Organ Period Update using the Army's operational forces in mechanized battle groups will be able to use the wagons at least the 2030s to the end.

original Finnish text by  OLLI AINOLA
Translation to English by google / -  Lumi

original article here
http://www.iltalehti.fi/uutiset/2015030319292768_uu.shtml
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 06:22:37 PM by Lumituisku »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pain is the nature of life. it is the recognition that I'm nothing more. - Mark Rowland's

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Re: First photos of Finland's BMP-2 MD (Fin) aka modernized BMP-2
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 07:11:09 PM »
Great post.

About time the BMP-2 got some love :)

Thanks Lumi
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Lumituisku

• HAVOC
  • Howl with the pack
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2015, 03:12:13 PM »
Great post.

About time the BMP-2 got some love :)

Thanks Lumi

Your welcome. And heh, it was actually my girlfriend who spotted this article first... LOL
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pain is the nature of life. it is the recognition that I'm nothing more. - Mark Rowland's

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2015, 01:57:09 AM »

Your welcome. And heh, it was actually my girlfriend who spotted this article first... LOL

Your girlfriend... Quick... marry her :)
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Lumituisku

• HAVOC
  • Howl with the pack
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2015, 04:24:13 AM »

Eheheehe. I might ^^ 
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2015, 12:14:13 PM »

:o

Eheheehe. I might ^^
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

Video of Finnish trainees year with BMP-2s

Started by Lumituisku

Replies: 0
    Views: 2564
    Last post June 12, 2015, 06:43:14 PM
    by Lumituisku
    Soviet Union is expelled for invading Finland!

Started by Asid

Views: 3137
    Last post December 14, 2015, 04:48:31 PM
    by Asid
    Russia: Home team secures top spot at Tank Biathlon 2015 finals

Started by Asid

Views: 2983
    Last post August 16, 2015, 12:17:17 PM
    by Asid
    Finnish Armor Parade