Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: Falcon BMS 4.33 U2 released  (Read 13589 times)

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Falcon BMS 4.33 U2 released
« on: October 12, 2016, 04:57:50 AM »
Falcon BMS 4.33 U2

Ladies and Gentlemen,

on behalf of the entire BMS development team, I am happy to announce that the latest iteration of the Tommo Falcon 4.0 total conversion modification - Benchmark Sims 4.33 U2 - is available for you to enjoy as of RIGHT NOW! Update 2 is mainly a "bugfix" release, i.e. we focused on getting things more stable and consistent.

BMS 4.33 U2 requires a legit installation of a Falcon 4.0 (all older and newer versions are accepted alike, i.e. Microprose, Hasbro, GOG, Steam, Retroism). The check is performed both at setup time and every time you start BMS. If no valid installation is found, BMS will exit with a corresponding error message.

Furthermore, U2 is an incremental update on top of U1, so you need to have the BMS 4.33 U1 Full Installer package available on your PC. You can both update your existing U1 installation as well as perform a fresh U2 installation from scratch, as you like. See the installation instructions below for details.

This mod may not be used for any commercial purposes. Any such use may constitute a violation of the intellectual property of Tommo Inc. and the non-commercial Terms and Conditions under which Benchmark Sims make this mod available to you.

Installation instructions (they will be shown as well once you run the U2 installer):

DESTINATION FOLDER: Update 2 must be targeted at the original Falcon BMS 4.33 U1 Setup folder, NOT at your Falcon BMS installation location! After the update installer has been finished, it will run the actual Falcon BMS Setup program where you can either apply the update to an existing BMS 4.33 U1 installation (choose 'Manage product updates'), or perform a fresh 4.33 U1 plus U2 installation from scratch.

CONFIG FILE: U2 does not replace or modify your existing config file.

Step-by-step details:

(1) The pre-requirement for installing the update is to have the original BMS 4.33 U1 Setup folder available. That is the one with the blue colored Setup.exe. Take a note on the folder name where this exe is. This folder is NOT your actual game folder that you use to start BMS itself. It's the folder wherever you downloaded and extracted the original BMS 4.33 U1 base installer.

(2) Note: You need the original BMS 4.33 U1 Setup folder, as U2 is incremental only (like all BMS updates).

(3) Next, RUN (do not unzip) the U2 installer. It will ask you where the BMS setup folder is. Select the folder that you have identified in the 1st step.

(4) After the U2 installer has finished, it will call the actual Setup.exe that you have identified in the 1st step. Now you can either perform a fresh new installation, or update your existing U1 installation by choosing 'Manage product updates'. U2 will now be shown in addition to the 4.33 U1 base installation.

(5) Once the U2 installer has been run once, the original Falcon BMS 4.33 U1 Setup folder will contain the additional U2 data permanently (unless you delete the Setup folder, of course).

Here's the 4.33 U1 -> 4.33 U2 changelog:
Code: [Select]
Generic Information & Known issues:
===================================

- The build number string in the Falcon UI will read "4.33.2 Build 15754" after the update

- The shortcuts in the start menu and on your desktop will NOT be renamed to U2, they will still read "Falcon BMS 4.33 U1" after the update, feel free to rename them manually

DOCU:
=====

- NOTES:
  * Content-wise, the former BMS 4.33 U1 documents remain totally valid for 4.33 U2!
  * Changes to the manuals listed below are only applicable to the PDF versions, as the LULU versions already included these updates from the very beginning, i.e. we only matched the PDF versions to the LULU versions

- TO-BMS1F-16CM-1:
  * Edited Copyright Statements
  * Edited Foreword, Multiplayer, Naval Ops (FLAPS to HALF for takeoff) and graphs at the end
  * Edited table caption in BW annex, conclusion in managing BW chapter and add package in an online campaign
  * Reverted landscape tables in the annexes to portrait

- Keyfile & Editor Updates:
  * Fixed a typo in SimVMSOff
  * Fixed a typo in SimTEFCMDFull
  * Fixed Saitek X55 device sheet, output is generated correctly now
  * Added SimCursorStopMovement again

3DDB:
=====

- Rafale C: fixed slots order

- Fixed wrong texture number for Burner/Cockpit on HG Block 30

- Fixed missing needles in cockpit gauges

- Fixed HUD perimeter too transparent

- Added Delilah Missile

- F-16C Block 32/52 (ROK): Fix for wrong ptype on the fixed part of the canopy (3rd LOD)

- Fixed wrong skin set for F-4N, F-4B down to one set as we used its second set for the F-4N (VF-111 which was a F-4N unit)

- Corrected 3D model for HN-5A missile (same as SA-7)

DATA:
=====

- Stinger, Crotale R440, and Crotale NG VT1 overhaul, adjustments to WCD were necessary

- Fixed Stinger bad CT linkage

- Keyfile & Editor Updates:
  * Fixed a typo in SimVMSOff
  * Fixed a typo in SimTEFCMDFull
  * Fixed Saitek X55 device sheet, output is generated correctly now
  * Added SimCursorStopMovement again

- IVC Client.ini: added "noblock" option, see code log for details

- Fixed broken carriers KUZ, ROOS and ENTER (missing take off runway)

- Fixed broken VDD carrier CT for KUZ (3851 instead of 800)

- Updated OFM launch bar angles to match models

- Fixed the vehicles KS19, KS12 and S60 which were not firing

- Fixed Task Force CVN70 Vinson to match the unit's elements of the Task Force CVN65 Enterprise

- te_new.tac & KTO save0/1/2.cam (Rolling Fire, Iron Fortress, Tiger Spirit):
  * Fixed "Nowhere" name for Highway Strips, Army Base and City and fixed some wrong City name in Japan
  * Fixed "Nowhere" name for all the Towns (new name added mainly in China) and rebuilt parent links
  * Fixed "Nowhere" name for Air Defense, Radar and Village
  * Renamed Kadena to Fukuoka
  * Fixed multiple battalions found on the same location (only brigade's battalions are on the same location than the parent's one)
  * Reset objectives
  * Reset parent links
  * Adjusted supply/fuel values for all objectives
  * Fixed some missing links
  * Full check of all objectives
  * Fixed the TaskForce roster

- Korea Obj Strings:
  * All duplicated/stupid unused string names (orange color in MC) are now renamed like this: "=== Free to edit ===", so now you know which string names can by edited in the list
  * All other unused string names (orange color in MC) can't ever be edited because they could be used in the future

- Korea TvT: adjusted the EA-18G's hardpoints

- Added Delilah Missile

- stations+ils.dat:
  * Typo fixed
  * Fix for Shenyang Airbase

- Fixed GPS flags for Mk-63 and M261 rockets, this was curving their trajectory towards the sim world coordinates's origin

- Fix for a typo in 3 keyfiles - SimTEFCMDFull written SimTEFCDMFull

- SA-15: little range table fix + ppt.ini updated with correct range

- Added GBU-54/B on F-15E/I/K centerline

- Fixed offset in EA-18G's weapon loadout.

- Corrected 3D model for HN-5A missile (same as SA-7)

- Correct texture for AA-6/AA-6R

- B-1B engine sound fix

- External fuel tank load order configuration + sound attribution fix for flare dispenser

- SA-3 PPT range set to 9NM instead of 7

CODE:
=====

- IVC, updated server version to 1.1.1, client version to 1.3.3:
  * fixed audio distortion bug when listening to ppl talking on multiple channels at the same time
  * Client: added new command line/config option "noblock"(B), if set, the blocking tone will not play if you PTT and there is already someone talking on the same channel (just a convenience option for ppl who can't stand the blocking tone)

- Fixed for CTD in "PackageClass::RemoveChild()"

- Fixed wingman AI (Human wingman/flight, not happening to pure AI flights) dropping munitions that dropped in sets (e.g a set of JDAMs) on exactly the same target when they are expected to pick targets randomly

- Small fix for AI climbing to JDAM drop altitude too late in the pass

- Fixed CTD on AWACS Check-in

- Added a config variable "g_bDisableIRObjectTexturing" that will allow disabling texturing of objects in an IR MFD view. When the ground is relatively bright (e.g yellow desert, like seen a lot in ITO) the BHOT/WHOT of the ground/objects rendering doesn't work so well when the object's texturing is enabled, i.e objects are dark when ground is dark and bright when ground is as well, thus creating color blindness. This config variable will help disabling the texturing which is causing this. The texturing is OK for most of time so it should only be used if necessary:
  * set g_bDisableIRObjectTexturing 1
  * Default is 0/false

- Fixed MANPADs not launching in the correct direction

- Fixed the missileClass KillGroundSpot crash (AKA VuHashTable::Remove CTD).

- Fixed a bug when firing the last HARM not in POS mode caused the WPN page to go totally blank, now it'll go to OFF mode as expected

- Fixed anti-collision light stuck in ON when toggled at the "correct" time

- Fixed uncaged IR missiles occasionally "jumping" to another target

- ALE-47, VMS: only play "Chaff-Flare" when CMs really leave the AC, and not at program initiation

- Fixed wind direction error of 180 deg when reading/saving a map

- Fixed SimAPOverride setting Fuel Flow to 0 while on ground

- Weapons will now be moved back to squadron stores if a flight is deleted from ATO

- New supply code (can be disabled via "set g_bNewSupplyCode 0" in *.cfg):
  * We now use sorted lists with high priority recipients first
  * Supply bonus received by a team when going into offensive now is dependent on available (not yet destroyed) production sources
  * When a flight uses a weapon which is no longer available in squadron stores, all other weapons will be reduced by 5%
  * Supply code can be made "verbose" (MonoPrints) for via *.cfg variable (set g_nSupplyDebug_Team, -1 = off, 0 = team 0, 1 = team 1, ..., 8 = all teams)

- Battalions now will lose supplies depending on the ground action (when battalion is moving) and also while doing nothing (can be adjusted via variable "BattalionSupplyAttritionTime" in *.aii, default is 6 hours)

- New challenge rating code, we'll adjust supply time instead of unit vehicle slots (for disabling add "set g_bNewChallengeRatingCode 0" to the *.cfg)

- Supply code will not fill-up more weapons to the stores than we had originally anymore

- Fixed CTD in case of: select a radar with your HAD/HTS; bring the HAD target indicator symbol into the HUD; hit ICP7/MARK - select HUD mark mode; slew HUD mark circle over the HAD target indicator and press TMS up; hit DCS-return to reset to the CNI page - game crashes at this point

- Fixed a bug that caused Laser JDAM at Release moment to override the laser code that was entered in the SMS control page, with the default laser code that came from munitions page

- Better management of IDM addresses, fixes for IDM inconsistencies when a flight in the package was destroyed

- Fixed SMS page being removed from preset when performing an Emergency Jettison

- Fixed VLS missile skyrocketting when fired on NOE target

- Better management of BORE/SLAV setting for AA missiles:
  * BORE/SLAV "main" setting will be common to all missiles and specific for each master mode, and changed only via OSB
  * Cursor/enable in "deadman" will apply opposite of current "main" MM setting as long as it is pressed, regardless of missile changes or MM changes
  * cursor/enable in "toggle" will act exactly as OSBs

- Fixes and general work for ARH SLAV launches without bugged target as well as BORE launches, a missile fired in BORE with a bugged target will no longer go after said bugged target+couple of fixes/adjustments for radio calls

- Fixed MFD ownship bullseye symbol (bullseye coords were affected by SPI offset)

- Fixed rocket CCIP pipper jumping all over the place

- Fixed bug in TE Victory Conditions screen when Engagement Type doesn't reflect real loaded mission type and is always set to last value used in TE Editor, training missions are set as Sortie there (Training type is missing from dropdown because TRNs are not editable in Falcon UI)

- Fixed bug where Change Skin Button on Munition screen was always in effect after user pressed it once, now selected skin resets every time you open mission or campaign

File
A) The primary distribution method is by TORRENT, as always:

Falcon_BMS_4.33_U2_Incremental.torrent: https://www.bmsforum.org/forum/showthread.php?28573-Falcon-BMS-4-33-U2-Incremental-Installer&p=399484#post399484

Size: 100MB

Important
- The build number string in the Falcon UI will read "4.33.2 Build 15754" after the update

- The shortcuts in the start menu and on your desktop will NOT be renamed to U2, they will still read "Falcon BMS 4.33 U1" after the update, feel free to rename them manually

« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 05:12:03 AM by Asid »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Longknife

Re: Falcon BMS 4.33 U2 released
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2016, 01:28:59 PM »
I am curious how many people are still playing Falcon?

Circumstances made it so I never got into it. When it came out my PC couldnt handle it. When I upgraded my PC there was (I thought) more interesting stuff to get so I kinda missed it. Also I was never really that into the F16 so didn't feel a pressing need.

From the fan base it had me thinks I really missed out on something.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline wilso845

• HAVOC
  • ArmA
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2016, 02:06:13 PM »
A few of us still play i prefer the Balkans campaign and use tornado and jaguar
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Tom N

• Tornado
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2016, 04:05:36 PM »
I'm even not yet really far into this one, only mastered from tutorial missions "stall recovery", "landing with dead engines" (no more fuel, but all hardpoints with heaviest load available, yeah), landing normally, "cutting and restarting the engines in midair"  AND of course getting ready for take off from absolutely cold state.

Refuelling should be fun and landing in the night and landing blindly in stormy weather oh and maybe, when getting used to it, launching the first missile after heaving a first locked target :-/
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Frankie

• HAVOC
  • From Dogs of War to Pipes Of Peace
    • Frankie's Moodurian
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2016, 05:29:50 PM »
Hi Longknife
I was trying out Falcon BMS 4.33 a couple of months ago. What struck me was that it ran silky smooth on my modest spec laptop with no dedicated graphic card. No stutter. And the graphics are way way better than the original Microprose Falcon 4. BMS is a game that many gamers can get into without requiring serious hardware. I like it that way. Easy on the wallet kinda thing. Too bad I don't have the original Falcon 4.0 game paper manual. Or a printout of the BMS manual. I might have to cut down a tree for that.
Cheers
Frankie Kam
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

After the Dogs of War are let slip, let us smoke the Pipes Of Peace.

Offline Cougar11

• HAVOC
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2016, 08:21:22 PM »
I have an original hard book of 4.0 still. Never really got into it, but could see it in the future, time permitting.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline chrisreb

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2016, 05:55:01 PM »
I play a lot with UOAF but would be happy to fly online at times here.  As yet not been able to get hosting to work for BMS. So much to learn!
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2016, 06:04:16 PM »
As yet not been able to get hosting to work for BMS. So much to learn!

I have managed to setup BMS for people to host. I also have played during the week. However my time is limited so I allocate my time to the group at this point.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline chrisreb

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2016, 09:06:44 PM »
Hi Asid - appreciate you are a busy man. When I get chance to have a chat will see how you did the hosting. Then maybe I can help do some daytime or some evening (UK time) training with others
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Beef

• HAVOC
  • Bellum Simulatis
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2016, 05:56:41 AM »
Maybe this link will help

http://www.krauselabs.net/dump/Hosting-Falcon-4-BMS.html

However, I believe there are issues with multiplayer for 4.32 that have intensified for 4.33. Some folks are suggesting the bandwidth requirements be calculated as "X users x 512kb + 20 % of BW". Also, clients should join one at a time and not all at once.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 06:02:41 AM by Beef »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline chrisreb

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2016, 06:48:05 AM »
Thanks Beef

Gothis other stuff but not seen this one so will read. The thing is to be able to do this other stuff whilst under pressure of flying as wingman to a RL lead whilst doing all the in cockpit stuff.

It will just take months of doing it. :)
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

Falcon BMS 4.33 Update 5

Started by Asid

Replies: 0
    Views: 4929
    Last post April 06, 2018, 04:07:52 PM