Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: D.O.W. designation under avatar in forum?  (Read 6250 times)

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
D.O.W. designation under avatar in forum?
« on: October 17, 2016, 04:11:53 PM »
D.O.W. designation under avatar in forum?

What is iit and what does it mean?

Until now we have used the D.O.W. designation under a persons avatar to signify membership of the online Steel Beasts games run by us on a Saturday. These are the immersive D.O.W. sessions.

I propose a change. I would like to see that designation being attainable by people who do not play Steel Beasts. The people I refer to are the ones who support our group/forum on a regular basis. These people make posts, help others and enrich our community.

What I would like to see happen is that the aforementioned are considered for the D.O.W. award following the above criteria.

What about the Steel Beasts online play? A badge. Everyone that has been accepted to the D.O.W. SB Saturday sessions would get one to display in the forum.

Why? The reason is that we are not exclusively a Steel Beasts group. SB is a core part of our group but we embrace all types of simulations and games.

Please discuss
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Rinix

• HAVOC
  • Steel Beasts
Re: D.O.W. designation under avatar in forum?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2016, 04:41:10 PM »
I am for this.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I ride inside Steel Beasts.

Offline Cougar11

• HAVOC
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2016, 05:38:06 PM »
This fits into the direction we want to move in. A simulation/gaming community.
I propose for Saturday's SB, that it becomes havoc. That the group adapts more of a havoc style of play and size. Place high level players in leadership roles ie tank commanders, section leaders, platoon leaders, and if needed CO/XO. Keep Sunday like it is, but make it a little more immersive/realistic. In doing that, we would need to allow for the learning curve, and play/design missions to fit.
I think this idea will bring about more belonging to the group in a way with the designation.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2016, 05:48:03 PM »
We have talked about HAVOC as the Immersive DOW sessions before. It is a good idea.

Maybe change the days we play? Immersive/DOW/Havoc on Sunday and "standard" session on Saturday?

Please contribute to this discussion.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Lumituisku

• HAVOC
  • Howl with the pack
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2016, 05:52:42 PM »
Yes. This all sounds good to me. A relaxed casual game on saturday would be very good idea. And to make "DOW" more like or replaced by "Havoc" be played on sundays instead.

It sounds very good that DOW would be rank for active members... regardless of games played. And that DOW / Havoc would be dadge earned.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pain is the nature of life. it is the recognition that I'm nothing more. - Mark Rowland's

Offline Rinix

• HAVOC
  • Steel Beasts
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2016, 05:56:55 PM »
We have talked about HAVOC as the Immersive DOW sessions before. It is a good idea.

Maybe change the days we play? Immersive/DOW/Havoc on Sunday and "standard" session on Saturday?

Please contribute to this discussion.
This also is a good idea. I would like to add that whether immersive on Sunday and standard on Saturday, or the other way around, makes no difference, unless I am overlooking something.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2016, 06:08:10 PM »
Hi Rinix

We used to play our immersive sessions on Sunday. We try to organise the best times etc. Sunday could be a good day for Havoc as most people can make a Sunday.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Longknife

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2016, 12:01:14 PM »
Sounds like a great idea!

As you said SB is at the center of DoW but DoW is so much more...

As an idea. Why not create DoW banners for each of the sims we use? That way those of us that frequent multiple forums could use those sigs in sim specific forums. This would give espree de corps to DoW while demonstrating that we are a multi sim organization? Of course this would mean work for someone & not being one to suggest work without also volunteering to do it I would be happy to help. I do have some skill in photoshop.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Rinix

• HAVOC
  • Steel Beasts
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2016, 04:05:57 PM »

As an idea. Why not create DoW banners for each of the sims we use? That way those of us that frequent multiple forums could use those sigs in sim specific forums. This would give espree de corps to DoW while demonstrating that we are a multi sim organization? Of course this would mean work for someone & not being one to suggest work without also volunteering to do it I would be happy to help. I do have some skill in photoshop.
Good basic idea, but instead put emblems for different sims into 1 banner.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Red2112

• Life Support
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2016, 04:50:51 PM »

I agree with this too. It is how it is in my old VU. They are two type of "patches", a qualification patch which shows you have been trainned for that sim/module (I had a Black Shark one) and thereīs a specific sim patch. The specific sim patch (at least for DCS) was for a specific wing, for example "19th squadron A-10", in this case thereīs no need for a specific sim type as its obius that you fly in DCS.  Seawolves had a similar approach. Submarine units were included in "Fleets" based on users place of origin, for example "16th Fleet" was based in Spain beacuse most of itīs members were from Spain and/or had the same timeline.  One user could have more then one patch, either beacuse he/she was qualifed for it, or beacuse he/she dedicated time to those sims.  Same applied to the badge under my avatar, mine is "Patrulla Aguila Virtual" beacuse I was a member of that acrobatic team. Some had a badge like "TO" (tranning Offiicer) or wing commander of a specific wing.  Similar applied to TC Icons, you had a Icon for each sim you are dedicated to.

Just ideas folks, but it dose incourage people to play one or more sims that they do usually, and right off the bat you can tell what sims rocks your boat  ;D

Here are just two of them from my old VU...

« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 09:52:15 PM by Red2112 »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Longknife

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2016, 08:43:53 PM »
I like Reds idea. Would be interesting to see what it looked like in application.

What my idea is take our current sig as seen below & replace the background (map tank & unit markers) with a sim specific image. That way we maintain continuity & show cross sim support. 
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

Leaving this so we finaly can understand those Scotish Fellow DoW members

Started by Don_prince

Replies: 2
    Views: 2851
    Last post February 08, 2017, 12:41:27 AM