Translations for our friends around the world.

Click on banner for Theater of Operations website

Save

Author Topic: GDEX 2016  (Read 5140 times)

Offline choppinlt

• T.O.O. Developer
    • Buckeye Battle Group
GDEX 2016
« on: October 17, 2016, 03:23:26 PM »
We have decided to showcase Theater of Operations again at the Game Design Expo (GDEX) happening the last weekend in October. So if you are in Columbus, Ohio that weekend feel free to stop by and visit us! Here is the link: https://www.thegdex.com/

I will also share some good news. We have had some recent attention by a couple of well known publishers. All I want to say is that we are currently talking, so cross your fingers that we have a breakthrough. Things look promising at the moment...  ;D
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Christian Knudsen

Re: GDEX 2016
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2016, 01:00:24 AM »
Publishers - that would be exciting!  I look forward to further helping with playtesting!
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline choppinlt

• T.O.O. Developer
    • Buckeye Battle Group
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2016, 05:57:34 PM »
Sorry about the scenario slow down.  :( Recent circumstances have prevented steady movement on the scenario, but I hope to have something posted very soon. The Coarse of Action for both sides have been updated, now I just need to write it all up and prepare the results for public consumption.

As I indicated earlier, one of the reasons our attention has been diverted is because we are preparing for GDEX. You can see us listed as an exhibitor on the website, and setup is Friday. The show is Saturday and Sunday, so if you are in the Columbus, Ohio area feel free to drop by. Otherwise wish us luck!  :)
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline choppinlt

• T.O.O. Developer
    • Buckeye Battle Group
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2016, 03:57:49 PM »
Here is a picture of our humble display at GDEX this year. Needless to say I was a little underwhelmed by our work space. I signed up for a small space, but I thought it was going to have a bit more square footage. We had more things we could display, but the space limited our choices. It was no big deal because we got to show off what we really wanted to. I will post any other good pictures that I get my hands on, but it has been like pulling teeth to get my guys to send them to me!  ;) Anyway, I would say that things went well overall. There was no apparent major breakthough achieved, but we achieved our primary goal of being visible and creating awareness. We generated a fair amount of interest from people, and we established a few new contacts. So we will see if anything comes of this.

« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 04:01:46 PM by choppinlt »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline choppinlt

• T.O.O. Developer
    • Buckeye Battle Group
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2016, 04:33:50 PM »
OK, so I finally have more pics and here they are. So they aren't all that exciting, but at least you can get more of an idea of our humble area. What I hope you find more exciting is that I am ready to post updates on the scenario. Now the pics:

Here is another view of our humble area. I had a Normandy topo map on foam core, brochures, and a concept binder that gave greater explanation to the game concept

Close-up view

Our very own David Hazlett manning the booth. David will be the Lead Programmer as soon as we can devote funds to pay him on a full time basis

A young man checking out our display
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2016, 04:38:03 PM »
Hi Matt

Small steps are wise. You are doing it the right way. I know it is not easy but you have my support :)

Keep it up my friend.

Regards

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline choppinlt

• T.O.O. Developer
    • Buckeye Battle Group
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2016, 05:34:26 PM »
Yes Sir, and Thank You! After all, without your support I wouldn't have this forum!  ;)
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

January 20, 2016 Update

Started by choppinlt

Replies: 0
    Views: 3406
    Last post January 20, 2016, 07:19:27 PM