Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: Endless Legend  (Read 3922 times)

Offline Red2112

• Life Support
Endless Legend
« on: October 14, 2016, 03:49:06 PM »

Endless Legend is a 4x strategy game from the makers of Endless Space.  The game is similar to Civilization, with itīs turn based 4x style gameplay.  I went through the tutorial yesterday.  If you like games where you can take your time, manage, improve and fight out some battles, this might be for you.  I find that the game looks beautiful, works the same way and has a very clean UI, itīs not clutterd with fancy frames around the menues, or has to many things to manage. The tutorial did last one hour, so it is a bit deep. Everything is very clear and well layed out and  for me it has beautiful graphics and soundtrack.  Overall the game works very well and there are quite alot of expansions for it.  This title should also be fun to play online.  It has my approval for sure.

Care,

Red
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline budd

Re: Endless Legend
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2016, 05:45:57 PM »
Although I own all the civilization games haven't really got into them since 3, just got bored with them 5 especially. I do however enjoy endless legend very much, maybe it's just the new setting and the fact that the battles are more interactive. I just picked up the new DLC Tempest and should be installing it today and starting a new game soon. Thx for the video I'll watch that to refresh my memory.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Offline Red2112

• Life Support
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2016, 07:45:12 PM »
Although I own all the civilization games haven't really got into them since 3, just got bored with them 5 especially. I do however enjoy endless legend very much, maybe it's just the new setting and the fact that the battles are more interactive. I just picked up the new DLC Tempest and should be installing it today and starting a new game soon. Thx for the video I'll watch that to refresh my memory.

Glad you like it and have it, I sort donīt feel alone with it any more, you know what I mean  ;).  I did play Civilization some years ago, donīt remember which one, but I didnīt like it that much.  Maybe it was beacuse of the era, donīt remember, As you say, the battles just seem on auto I just didnīt like it.  Hope you enjoy your new DLC, and maybe we can have a go on MP when you/I get the hang of it.

Have fun Budd!
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Red2112

• Life Support
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2016, 10:47:57 PM »

Got some gameplay yesterday and this afternoon...

Itīs real nice and deep. Itīs not that itīs hard to play, it just that there are alot of things you can do, and you have to have a general understanding of what you need to do, like most of these type of games.

The game is BIG, I mean real big! I forsee alot of gameplay. I played maybe four hours today, on and off while I was doing other things and I was up to turn 67 out of 400 when I quit the game!  The more you explore the more you want to keep on playing, so hours fly by without a notice!  Of course you can set-up shorter games, I just went for the standard settings but I was amazed by the gameplay and beauty of the game too.  Overall a nice game and a bang for the buck, more so if you get it on sale! Itīs still on sale at Steam.

Care,

Red
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

Wizard of Legend

Started by Asid

Replies: 10