Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: Zulu Response  (Read 24727 times)

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Re: Zulu Response
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2016, 01:10:51 PM »
Just letting you know what will be in the update (for later this week):

•   Fix hidden select/return buttons on character selection on certain resolutions
•   Realign character selection
•   Fix key assignment for chat
•   Enable through config ability to change currently mapped Function keys
•   In training fix for incorrect soldier selection comment and menu image
•   Fix name alignment on scoreboard at Rorkes Defence
•   adjust aspect ratio when full screen selected on some resolution sizes
•   Add player shadow
•   Adjusted font on history text
•   Removed incorrect use of F4 key for texture
•   Adjusted smoke to aid rendering on certain systems
•   Reset config files to default values (if you want to retain Single Player game progress backup UDKTWConfig6 and UDKTWConfig8 prior to applying update in game install folder UDKGame\Config)
•   Remove server from server list after host leaves game
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline wilso845

• HAVOC
  • ArmA
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2016, 04:19:20 PM »
The pistol should be loadable as it was the Adams Mk.III revolver that was used in service by the British military back then.
This was the Victorian age when muzzle loaders were old news and brass cartridges were the new musket ball.

The .450 brass cartridge replaced the separate cartridges and percussion caps of the earlier Adams Model of 1866. ... The MkIII Introduced in 1878 and was the British Army’s side arm until 1880 when it was replaced by the Enfield. It saw service during the Anglo-Zulu war of 1879 ...
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 04:21:16 PM by wilso845 »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2016, 06:11:33 PM »
Update

From the dev:

WisKids [developer] 2 minutes ago

Just letting you know the update is now with our beta testers

http://steamcommunity.com/app/401250/discussions/0/341537388323502839/
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2016, 07:01:46 PM »
The pistol should be loadable as it was the Adams Mk.III revolver that was used in service by the British military back then.
This was the Victorian age when muzzle loaders were old news and brass cartridges were the new musket ball.

The .450 brass cartridge replaced the separate cartridges and percussion caps of the earlier Adams Model of 1866. ... The MkIII Introduced in 1878 and was the British Army’s side arm until 1880 when it was replaced by the Enfield. It saw service during the Anglo-Zulu war of 1879 ...

I got a response from the dev:

an issue as it stands with if the pistol can be reloaded it advantages the soldier player alot especially if the reload times are not high, they can spam it in close quarters and there isn't an equivalent for the other side. It also makes you want to preserve your rounds, if it was to be reloaded I'd probably only enabke when there are no zuku about like in  between waves)
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2016, 08:10:09 PM »
Update 0.941 Available
22 OCTOBER - WISKIDS

There's a new update available for download.

The update includes changes to:
•   Fix hidden select/return buttons on character selection on certain monitor resolutions
•   Realign character selection
•   Fix key assignment for chat
•   Enable through config ability to change currently mapped Function keys
•   In training fix for incorrect soldier selection comment and menu image
•   Fix name alignment on scoreboard at Rorkes Defence
•   adjust aspect ratio when full screen selected on some resolution sizes
•   Add player shadow
•   Adjusted font on history text
•   Removed incorrect use of F4 key for texture
•   Adjusted smoke to aid rendering on certain systems
•   Reset config files to default values (if you want to retain Single Player game progress backup UDKTWConfig6 and UDKTWConfig8 prior to applying update in game install folder UDKGame\Config)
•   Remove server from server list after host leaves game

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2016, 03:00:56 PM »
We are working on a new update which we hope to have available by the end of the week.

From the dev today

Currently it includes :

•   Change to the AI selection with replacement of cursor with to use the cross hair (centre screen if no cross hair used in game or end of weapon if weapon aimed)
•   No need to toggle Marker flag
•   Fix issue with AI not always selecting
•   AI images in menu turn bright green when selected as per training
•   Add numbers to AI so player can select and identify each AI on menu with those in game
•   Increased FOV for aimed weapon

There are a number of other changes being developed but will update the above list once I can confirm availability.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2016, 04:06:46 PM »
Patch 0.95 in Development

The current patch we are working on which we hope to have available over the weekend, all going well ...

The update will include:
•   Change to the AI selection with replacement of cursor with to use the cross hair (centre screen if no cross hair used in game or end of weapon if weapon aimed)
•   No need to toggle Marker flag to turn on
•   AI images in menu turn bright green (not dark) when selected as per training
•   Add new AI reticule (a player's AI has an image underneath that identifies AI to player, indicates whether selected or not and shows health). This can be turned on/off at game startup.
•   Player can select/deselect individual AI by looking at them (or aim weapon) and pressing Use key (reticule updates to indicate status)
•   Update to Training for changes

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2016, 07:21:17 PM »
Some additional changes to be included:

•   Doctor at Rorkes Drift restores health quicker
•   Player slows when health gets low
•   Player will see blood splatter (slowly disappears) and red tinge when health gets low
•   British AI will not try and shoot through the store building at Rorkes Drift

The patch will most likely be available just after the weekend, apologies for the delay.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2016, 12:08:57 PM »
Patch 0.951 Available
31 OCTOBER

There's a new update available for download.

The update includes changes to:
•   Change to the AI selection with replacement of cursor to use the cross hair (centre screen if no cross hair used in game or end of weapon if weapon aimed)
•   Player can select/deselect individual AI by looking at them (or aim weapon) and pressing Use key (reticule updates to indicate status). Press <E> (default Use key) whilst looking at a squad soldier/warrior will select/deselect
•   No need to toggle Marker flag to turn on
•   Press middlemouse or <F> to set AI rally point marker flag
•   AI images in menu turn bright green (not dark) when selected as per training
•   Add new AI reticule (a player's AI has an image underneath that identifies AI to player, indicates whether selected or not and shows health). This can be turned on/off at game startup.
•   Update to Training for changes
•   Doctor at Rorkes Drift restores health quicker
•   Player slows when health gets low
•   Player will see blood splatter (slowly disappears) and red tinge when health gets low
•   British AI will not try and shoot through the store building at Rorkes Drift

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2016, 07:36:23 PM »
Next Update 0.96

For the next patch we are working on we hope to have the following available:
•   Players that have the revolver in their inventory we be able to go to the store and swap their pistol for a fully loaded revolver
•   All players will have access to a telescope (thought we'd let you know about this although it may have to be pulled from the update until a later date)
•   Fix MP clients seeing spears embedded into tops of bushes
•   Rorkes Survival Zulu in singleplayer restarts itself if requested not a different map
•   Rorkes Survival Zulu in singleplayer, the 2nd zulu character selected will show the selection reticules under the warriors
•   Training updated for some missing audio files and added an extra line on weapons for clarity
•   The player depending on speed of run and angle of hit but if he bumps into another soldier/warrior or vice versa he currently grunts and slows (no health loss). The hit animation has been softened (no red) and a different audio will play to make it clearer they were bumped into

Will update this list as things change.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 01:16:48 PM by Asid »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2016, 01:17:13 PM »
Added to 0.96 release

•   The player depending on speed of run and angle of hit but if he bumps into another soldier/warrior or vice versa he currently grunts and slows (no health loss). The hit animation has been softened (no red) and a different audio will play to make it clearer they were bumped into

Projected release of patch: Wednesday 9th Nov
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 01:25:18 PM by Asid »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2016, 12:28:58 AM »
Update by WisKids

I mentioned earlier that the telescope was doubtful as to whether it would be included but I can confirm that it will be included in this update.

The update is in the process of being made available to our testers.

Good news. It was I who asked for the telescope   8)
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2016, 01:14:22 AM »
Dial/Wheel Order Movement Update
08/11/16

Can't say as to which update it will be made available in but I thought you'd like to know we are currently working on a Dial/Wheel for common order commands of AI which will provide an alternative UI when commanding the AI under your control.

Again...Ask and you shall receive....Well sometimes...OK...Hardly anytime  ::)
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2016, 12:14:13 AM »
Dial/Wheel Order Movement Update
08/11/16

Can't say as to which update it will be made available in but I thought you'd like to know we are currently working on a Dial/Wheel for common order commands of AI which will provide an alternative UI when commanding the AI under your control.

Telescope
I mentioned earlier that the telescope was doubtful as to whether it would be included but I can confirm that it will be included in this update.

Update on 0.96
For the next patch we are working on we hope to have the following available:
•   Players that have the revolver in their inventory we be able to go to the store and swap their pistol for a fully loaded revolver
•   All players will have access to a telescope
•   Fix MP clients seeing spears embedded into tops of bushes
•   Rorkes Survival Zulu in singleplayer restarts itself if requested not a different map
•   Rorkes Survival Zulu in singleplayer, the 2nd zulu character selected will show the selection reticules under the warriors
•   Training updated for some missing audio files and added an extra line on weapons for clarity
•   New gamestart config entry that affects the Rorkes Survival single player (British) game. In the Extra Settings you can now increase (max double) the amount of British AI (not under player control). Any increase will proportionally increase the number of attacking Zulu.
•   updated 1st person animations
•   command voice when ordering AI to move
•   additional sounds in between wave attacks so it does not stay as quiet

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2016, 11:16:47 PM »
Update 0.96 Available
10 NOVEMBER

The latest update is now available.

Noticeable changes include the telescope for all players, the pistol can now be swapped for a fully reloaded one and in Single player at Rorkes Drift you can choose to double the amount of British and Zulu attackers via pre game setting.

The full list of changes:
•   All players will have access to a telescope
•   New gamestart config entry that affects the Rorkes Survival single player (British) game. In the Extra Settings you can now increase (max double) the amount of British AI (not under player control). Any increase will proportionally increase the number of attacking Zulu.
•   updated 1st person animations
•   command voice when ordering AI to move
•   additional sounds in between wave attacks so it does not stay as quiet
•   Maps have a cleaner look instead of the raggedy look which was harder to read
•   Fix request for spears from Zulu player's AI which resulted in loss of inventory
•   Exiting game no longer asks to confirm

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

ZULU DAWN! The Battle of Isandlwana

Started by Asid

Replies: 4