Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: Strategic Command WWII War in Europe  (Read 16709 times)

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Strategic Command WWII War in Europe
« on: October 07, 2016, 02:15:32 AM »

Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe is a deeply immersive turn based strategy game covering the greatest conflict in modern history.

Take control over either the Axis or the Allies, while directing the efforts of each nation belonging to your alliance.  From this unique perspective, you will be the supreme mastermind behind the entire conduct of operations, deciding the priorities, the strategies, and coordinating your global efforts to win the war!

Each nation in your coalition will have their own strengths and weaknesses, levels of technology, troops, equipment, and industrial capacity, and it will be up to you to make the best use of all of them!

Wage war across land, sea and air, employing a wide range of historical units combined with multiple avenues of technological upgrades.  With research and development, the demands of combat and limited resources, balancing the day to day requirements of the war against your long term strategy will all be critical to ultimate success and victory.

Diplomacy and espionage will also be key tools to employ against your enemy as a war like this cannot be fought solely with military forces.  Manage your relationships with neutral powers – encourage or pressure them to join your alliance, support your war effort or deny their resources to the enemy!

Through careful management of your resources, judicious research choices, wise strategic choices and brilliant deployment of your military plan, you can shape the outcome of this terrible conflict whilst continually competing against  one of the most advanced AIs ever made. In Strategic Command the enemy will counter attack you every time, taking advantage of your weak points, setting traps for your forces, while waging a brutally efficient campaign on every front.

Fury Software's aim with the Strategic Command series has always been to recreate World War II in a deep yet very accessible manner. Experienced wargamers will find much to love in it!

Official forum: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=1252&p=&tmode=1&smode=1

Previews

Strategic Command | 1939 Storm over Europe | Part 1 - War Preparation

Strategic Command | 1939 Storm over Europe | Part 2 - Assault on Poland!

Strategic Command | 1939 Storm over Europe | Part 3 - France is next!

The Flare Path And The Sea Lion Tamer
By Tim Stone on September 30th, 2016
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/09/30/the-flare-path-and-the-sea-lion-tamer/
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Greybriar

Re: Strategic Command WWII War in Europe
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2016, 02:51:04 PM »
Strategic Command certainly got a face lift. I haven't purchased any games in that series since the original was released in 2002 and it strongly resembled an updated Clash of Steel: World War II, Europe 1939-45. I spent many hours playing the earlier rendition of the game. Perhaps I should purchase this newer, more pleasing to the eye release.

Thanks for letting us know about Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe. It looks very good.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Press on. Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not: Nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not: Unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education alone will not: The world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent." --Calvin Coolidge

Offline pzgndr

• Empires in Arms Development Team
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2016, 12:53:13 AM »
I am also steadily updating my Advanced Third Reich mod for the new version of Strategic Command.  There is a LOT more in the game now, hence a lot of updating and playtesting and seeing what works well and not so well with the new features.  It's coming along. 
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2016, 03:03:49 AM »
Nice work pzgndr.

Let us know how when it is ready.

Regards
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2016, 03:05:36 AM »
Strategic Command | 1939 Storm over Europe | Part 4 - Strengthening the borders

Strategic Command | 1939 Storm over Europe | Part 5 - Icy shores of Denmark

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2016, 02:53:32 PM »
Strategic Command reveals a bit of its Manual!

This sneak peek will show you three things: a) the entire table of contents, so you can know more about the games's scope; b) a very interesting "designers notes" paragraph; c) section 6.6 to make you know everything about the combat system!

Get more information about the game from its official Product Page

Click on the picture below to get the Manual Abstract! You could also download it through the "Download" Section! http://www.matrixgames.com/products/504/downloads/

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2016, 10:50:18 PM »
Strategic Command WW2 War in Europe 1942 Case Blue

Published on 11 Nov 2016

Matrix Store: http://bit.ly/29D6HTl

Our friend Idjester explores one of the scenarios of the upcoming wargame Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe!

Welcome to Fall Blau!
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Red2112

• Life Support
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2016, 11:53:55 PM »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2016, 03:15:26 PM »
Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe is rolling out!

Out Now

Price: £34.99

Twenty years have passed since the end of the first Weltkrieg and, despite many efforts to prevent it, a new and more terrible conflict has broken out.

Once again, Europe is the main battlefield! Here the armies of Germany, Italy, France, Great Britain, the United States and the Soviet Union will clash for supremacy and survival! Only those who can establish an integrated strategy will succeed in managing multiple fronts at once, until the final victory comes!

Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe puts you in charge of the Axis or the Allies – allowing you to command all aspects of the war. Enormous effort went into the creation of a very intelligent AI and your computer opponent is capable of prioritizing fronts and making good strategic choices, saving experienced troops from hopeless battles and exploiting every weak spot in your line!

Allocate resources to construct or upgrade new units, build fortifications, develop your navy or air force, invest in logistics, research, diplomatic pressure and much more. Deal with a vast range of historical events, while always keeping the big picture in mind.

Both experienced wargamers and newcomers will find much to love in this beautiful WWII wargame!

Grab the game now!: http://www.matrixgames.com/products/504/details/Strategic.Command.WWII:.War.in.Europe
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline pzgndr

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2016, 03:23:54 PM »
 I have posted an AAR for my Advanced Third Reich mod at http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4198835.  Enjoy!
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2016, 10:08:02 PM »
Nice.

Thanks for taking the time to make that. I know how long it can take to do something like this.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2017, 09:20:02 PM »
Strategic Command Garand Update available!

The “Garand” Update brings a huge list of bug fixes and improvements, thanks to the extraordinary amount of feedback coming from the community!

Some highlights:

- fixed a rare disappearing Capitals error;

- fixed several 'on_left_button_down' errors related to unit selection and movement;

- Soviet Shock Army Build Time increased from 1 to 4 months;

- Vichy France will now deploy its navy if it joins the Axis or Allies for the 1939 to 1942 campaigns

The changelog is very long, so be sure to check it out here! : http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4242631

You can download the update from here: http://www.matrixgames.com/members/

NOTE ABOUT MULTIPLAYER

The “Garand” Update does not include PBEM which is not quite ready but we didn't want to delay the many improvements and fixes that Hubert and Bill have made any longer. Nevertheless, the multiplayer is almost finished and we hope to release it very soon! Thanks for your patience!

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline pzgndr

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2017, 09:17:19 PM »
FYI, I posted an update of my Advanced Third Reich mod at Matrix today (see http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4198849&mpage=1&key=.  A couple of issues needed fixing and it took a while to get Hubert to check them out.  Good news is that it plays pretty well, as the screenshot shows an Allied Pyrrhic Victory in May 1945.  This was a hands-off AI-AI playtest game last night at default difficulty.  Can't get much better than that!  Human players should play on Veteran (+1) difficulty for challenging gameplay against either the Axis or Allied AI.  It's coming along.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2017, 06:31:18 PM »
Strategic Command v1.01.02 Beta available

Hello everyone
There is now an updated beta patch available for Strategic Command

This addresses a number of issues found in the v1.01.01 PBEM beta.

Those of you only interested in single player might also want to take a look as there are also a number of gameplay and campaign amendments, e.g.

- Increased the chance of retreating for all land units eligible to retreat from 30 to 50% if in Non-Resource positions.
- Command and Control research now automatically increases HQ’s Action Points by 0.5 per level.
- Units in 0 supply will have their morale losses doubled from the typical morale loss calculations.

Further details available in the Strategic Command public beta forum

regards
Ben Wilkins
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

Strategic Mind: Spectre of Communism

Started by Asid

Replies: 45
    Views: 10488
    Last post February 25, 2021, 03:33:39 AM
    by Asid
    Arrest Warrent.

Started by gameleaper

Replies: 2
    Views: 2456
    Last post April 09, 2017, 05:29:43 PM
    by gameleaper
    Chains of War - Command Modern Air Naval Operations: By JC

Started by Asid

Replies: 0
    Views: 3007
    Last post May 23, 2017, 03:08:17 PM
    by Asid
    Home of Wargamers III Live next week! Panzer Corps 2 gameplay reveal!

Started by Asid

Replies: 1
    Views: 1928
    Last post May 07, 2019, 11:31:31 AM
    by Asid
    Chivalry: Medieval Warfare: FREE

Started by Asid

Replies: 0
    Views: 2851
    Last post March 27, 2017, 04:17:03 PM
    by Asid