Translations for our friends from around the world...and beyond.

eSim

esimwhite1

Author Topic: Steel Beasts wish List  (Read 2327 times)

Offline Admin

• Administrator
Re: Steel Beasts wish List
« Reply #45 on: November 15, 2016, 12:07:56 AM »
Only wish-list items for Steel Beasts in this post please. Thanks

Offline Rinix

• HAVOC
  • Steel Beasts
« Reply #46 on: November 15, 2016, 12:35:19 AM »
Only wish-list items for Steel Beasts in this post please. Thanks
Uh, forester's last post was Steel Beasts-related. He wants infantry to be able to shoot RPGs in any posture.
"Leo Burnett and 4Kids are the devil!"

Online Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2016, 03:43:30 PM »
A proper bug tracker

It would be great to have a proper tracker so we can see what has been reported and it's current status.

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Rinix

• HAVOC
  • Steel Beasts
« Reply #48 on: November 20, 2016, 05:04:29 PM »
A proper bug tracker

It would be great to have a proper tracker so we can see what has been reported and it's current status.
That would be good. Here's another one: eSim should stop using MD5 hashes for its downloads section. MD5 was cracked a long time ago, and should be replaced with SHA-256 at a minimum. For calculating and verifying hashes, I recommend HashTools.

Offline Rinix

• HAVOC
  • Steel Beasts
« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2017, 09:51:01 PM »
That would be good. Here's another one: eSim should stop using MD5 hashes for its downloads section. MD5 was cracked a long time ago, and should be replaced with SHA-256 at a minimum. For calculating and verifying hashes, I recommend HashTools.
In case anyone is wondering, here's why eSim should not replace MD5 with SHA-1: https://sites.google.com/site/itstheshappening/ SHA-1 is theoretically crackable right now. Like I said, it's time for eSim to replace MD5 with a minimum of SHA-256, and HashTools is a great tool to use for this.

Offline Rinix

• HAVOC
  • Steel Beasts
« Reply #50 on: January 18, 2017, 06:30:10 PM »
Here's another thing: improvements to the installer. As it stands, Steel Beasts compresses various file collections into RAR archives. Among the files it compresses are already compressed CAB archives. Compressing already compressed data doesn't work very well, and can actually increase compressed file size. Simply putting files into subfolders as required and compressing the collections into RAR archives would be simpler, cut down on the time it takes to make the installer, cut down on installation time, and possibly save on installer size.