eSim

esimwhite1
 Save

Author Topic: Steel Beasts wish List  (Read 7161 times)

Offline Rinix

• HAVOC
  • Steel Beasts
Re: Steel Beasts wish List
« Reply #60 on: June 11, 2017, 03:19:34 PM »
I am not sure I understand you correctly about clearer images at longer distance, and forcing them through graphics. Are you saying getting clearer images then a real life sight would get? When dealing with graphics, we need to remember this is a simulation, and should as accurately as possible, render real life, not better than real life.
Anisotropic filtering mainly affects textures that are near you. Here's an example:
"Leo Burnett and 4Kids are the devil!"

Offline Cougar11

• HAVOC
« Reply #61 on: June 11, 2017, 03:22:20 PM »
I am not sure I understand you correctly about clearer images at longer distance, and forcing them through graphics. Are you saying getting clearer images then a real life sight would get? When dealing with graphics, we need to remember this is a simulation, and should as accurately as possible, render real life, not better than real life.
Anisotropic filtering mainly affects textures that are near you. Here's an example:

Picture link seems to be broken

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Online Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #62 on: June 11, 2017, 03:22:34 PM »
A lot of the things we would like, which appear on your list Rinix, are visual. Some people say it is just eye candy. I disagree somewhat. I believe immersion is increased by better visuals.

The issue with SB is that eSims is working with an older engine. They have to be creative when they add anything. If you just "bolt on" code it is not efficient and can lead to issues. The more you add-on this way, the more the problem can be compounded.

I play many games/sims which have things we would love to see in SB. Things like deformable terrain, hit decals, proper lighting, etc. We just have to hope that eSims can be creative and find a way to keep improving. A new engine would be great but this can cost quite a lot, not just financially.

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Rinix

• HAVOC
  • Steel Beasts
« Reply #63 on: June 11, 2017, 03:28:58 PM »

It works fine for me in Firefox 53.0.3. Here's another example:

Offline Cougar11

• HAVOC
« Reply #64 on: June 11, 2017, 03:39:49 PM »

It works fine for me in Firefox 53.0.3. Here's another example:

Makes sense now. Only thing we must always keep in mind, is that this is a sum, and not a game when it comes to the things we want added. I would really like to break my squad to have just the RPG member run up and take out a tank, or demolish a building, without rushing the whole squad.

Offline Rinix

• HAVOC
  • Steel Beasts
« Reply #65 on: June 11, 2017, 03:44:30 PM »

I would really like to break my squad to have just the RPG member run up and take out a tank, or demolish a building, without rushing the whole squad.

That's already in Steel Beasts. :) Look at time index 04:15:

Offline Cougar11

• HAVOC
« Reply #66 on: June 11, 2017, 04:56:55 PM »

I would really like to break my squad to have just the RPG member run up and take out a tank, or demolish a building, without rushing the whole squad.

That's already in Steel Beasts. :) Look at time index 04:15:
That's great. Now we just need missions that we can incorporate this into.

Online Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #67 on: September 04, 2017, 05:52:31 PM »
I wish esims would fix the infantry dismount bug.

I was playing with an M113 yesterday in a DOW mission. I dismounted my 2 squads. no problem. When I went to remount only 1 squadremounted properly. The other squad mounted and dismounted. My vehicle would stop and start due to trying to remount. I lost total use of the mounted unit. I tried all the usual fixes. Nothing worked. I spent a large part of the mission trying to fix this.  :thumbdown

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying