Translations for our friends around the world.

eSim

esimwhite1
 Save

Author Topic: Steel Beasts wish List  (Read 8731 times)

Offline Longknife

Re: Steel Beasts wish List
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2016, 09:58:13 PM »

Having a mini map makes it IMO, too much like WOT.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Damn Brah, stop stewing on this! LOL

There is already a minimap. That little white box; I am just talking about a enhancing an already provided feature.

I agree with you about the map type though. I would prefer to just see a military style topo map as well. Preferably one as accurate as a 1/500000 military map.

Offline Longknife

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2016, 01:54:15 AM »
I am a bit mystified why there is such a resistance to my idea so I have to conclude I am not doing a very good job of getting my thought across. They say a picture is worth a 1000 words so I made a graphic training aide.

As you all know we spend most of our time zoomed in on the location we are presently in with occasional looks around the map. Notice the map is zoomed in on your section but in the lower right is the map in its entirety. This is what I am suggesting & see no resemblance to WoT. Moreover the whole map is so small that is only useful for identifying significant terrain features.

Offline Lumituisku

• HAVOC
  • Howl with the pack
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2016, 02:15:06 AM »
Isn't there similar box( empty without map) currently that we use to move the map around.... At least on mission editor? I think this would be good addition that long know is succesting. And not a cheat at any way.

Pain is the nature of life. it is the recognition that I'm nothing more. - Mark Rowland's

Online Cougar11

• HAVOC
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2016, 05:12:22 AM »
I am a bit mystified why there is such a resistance to my idea so I have to conclude I am not doing a very good job of getting my thought across. They say a picture is worth a 1000 words so I made a graphic training aide.

As you all know we spend most of our time zoomed in on the location we are presently in with occasional looks around the map. Notice the map is zoomed in on your section but in the lower right is the map in its entirety. This is what I am suggesting & see no resemblance to WoT. Moreover the whole map is so small that is only useful for identifying significant terrain features.

That does explain more of what you want. I thought you wanted one in f8, or in tank view. Currently the use is just to have an idea of where you are zoomed into. It could easily be enhanced, but would take more away from real life reality. I guess the only question is where to draw the line between nice to have and not adding a significant amount of help, compared to what is on the vehicle in real life is all you get. Myself personally, would like just what you would have in real life. Vehicle functions, and a paper/plastic overlay map.

Offline forester

« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 05:25:15 PM by forester »
NATO - North Atlantic Treaty Organization
Russia joins, Turkey comes out.

Offline forester

« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2016, 02:35:26 PM »

Offline Red2112

• Life Support
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2016, 03:59:45 PM »
I just want bigger text on the brefings LOL My eyes are old, many a years welding and working with graphics soft and PCs so my eyes are beat!

Yea and a map view on a tablet or second monitor, but dont we all want that!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 05:13:00 PM by Red2112 »

Offline Rinix

• HAVOC
  • Steel Beasts
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2016, 04:04:52 PM »
I just want bigger text on the brefings LOL My eyes are old, many a years welding and working with graphics soft and PCs so my eyes are beat!

Yea and a map view on a tablet or second monitor, but dont wee all want that!
I'd love to see support for 4K monitors, since I own one. But as Ssnake has said, the GUI code is getting a complete rewrite.
"Leo Burnett and 4Kids are the devil!"

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2016, 04:05:57 PM »

Many missions have no briefings at all...Oh and some folks don't even look at it if there is one...  ::)

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Online Cougar11

• HAVOC
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2016, 05:50:04 PM »
In the planning phase you can make text larger prior to start, and in game. Not the briefing, or graphics made by the mission designer. Maybe one day.

Offline Rinix

• HAVOC
  • Steel Beasts
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2016, 04:35:29 AM »
Here's another wish: support for multiple alphabets at the same time. For example, when forester joins, I wish his name would show up in Cyrillic, and not as .
"Leo Burnett and 4Kids are the devil!"

Online Cougar11

• HAVOC
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2016, 06:22:00 AM »
Here's another wish: support for multiple alphabets at the same time. For example, when forester joins, I wish his name would show up in Cyrillic, and not as .
That would be good, of it would translate. That way he would be able to read what someone types in English, and others could read what he types.

Offline Red2112

• Life Support
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2016, 10:38:28 AM »
In the planning phase you can make text larger prior to start, and in game. Not the briefing, or graphics made by the mission designer. Maybe one day.

Thanks Cougar, didnt know that. Tutorials and game menus text is small, I have to squeeze my eyes and gonna get wrinkles under my eyes, then my girlfriend is not gonna love me any more! All SBs fault LOL! Cupid will hunt them down  ;D

I agree the language thing but theres way to many of them in the world.  Maybe Forester can do it the other way around, have his system adapt to a standard keyboard.

Offline forester

« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2016, 04:03:29 PM »

Offline Lumituisku

• HAVOC
  • Howl with the pack
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2016, 03:40:27 PM »
That would be good, of it would translate. That way he would be able to read what someone types in English, and others could read what he types.

I just tested these things on Steelbeast...  when you have russian language pack picked to group of active languages. and your language on steelbeast is english. You still see russian as weird letters.

But if you choose russian language from steelbeast menu. You see both russian and english letters correctly  -  Downside is...  all text on steelbeast is on russian, and grew speaks russian.   :(   

Pain is the nature of life. it is the recognition that I'm nothing more. - Mark Rowland's