Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: DOW 4-7 CAV Greece Incursion Campaign by Cougar11  (Read 11432 times)

Offline Cougar11

• HAVOC
DOW 4-7 CAV Greece Incursion Campaign by Cougar11
« on: February 26, 2015, 11:24:06 PM »
A week ago on Saturday we played the first phase in the campaign. I plan on continuing the campaign that will go 3-8 missions, maybe more depending.
These could be played once or twice a month depending on schedule and mission creation time based on the outcome of the previous mission/missions.

Things I am looking at doing as of now, and have had some good input from a few members so far.
1. Keeping the current makeup or 2 M2A3 platoons, 2 M1A2 platoons, and support units. (as per 1997 configuration of the unit at that time).
2. Possibly allowing re-reinforcements through the campaign, while keeping damaged and or destroyed vehicles/equipment as accurate as possible from one to the next.
2. Having multiple sides with civilians, enemy and host nation collaborator units (ie insurgent or loyalist type units).
3. Having multinational units augmented  into the mission uncontrolled and controlled by mission commander, that would increase, or change the makeup of the units in the mission.
4. Having low level satellite country equipment (ie. T55, BMP1, etc.), and escalating up to T90, BMP3, and others.
5. Allowing for defense, fallback, attack, recon, screening, breaching, and others possibly.
6. Keeping the unit numbers to a level that if there are only 8 people playing the most you would control is one platoon each of combat units (not including support units), allowing for multi-crew units, full platoons, and big enough for up to 20 people to have one tank or unit.

Any ideas people might want to see, or just thoughts on it are welcome.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline RedWardancer

• HAVOC
Campaign ribbons
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2015, 02:32:53 AM »
Even though it may not count in SB, it would still be cool as heck either here or there...or both.

Video uploads is a great selling point.  Seeing your deeds and mistakes on YouTube is awesome.  DOW should really step this up. 

Not sure about the upgrade in equipment, either a military has them or they don't.  But that depends entirely on who we are going up against and to what degree:  Is this a full out invasion for all the marbles or just a proxy war that may burn out if the enemy goals cannot be achieved easily?

I'm all for this, never been in a campaign before
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Re: Campaign ribbons
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2015, 04:07:01 PM »
Great stuff Cougar... Let the discussions begin :)

Even though it may not count in SB, it would still be cool as heck either here or there...or both.

Video uploads is a great selling point.  Seeing your deeds and mistakes on YouTube is awesome.  DOW should really step this up. 

Re: Campaign ribbons
They are in the works for 2 campaigns here :)

Re: YouTube
I am on it but there are only so many hours in a day.... :o

Regards
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Colebrook

Re: DOW 4-7 CAV Greece Incursion Campaign by Cougar11
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2015, 02:12:45 AM »
Sounds good. Lets see if i can get more good ideas for the other campaign  :D
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Cougar11

• HAVOC
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2015, 05:37:14 AM »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Cougar11

• HAVOC
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2015, 06:48:01 AM »
The third installment is in the making. Have most of the units, map, and an idea of what it will all be about.

Thank you all for your input. Red thank you for reminding me there are more than one troop in a squadron. Thank you Assassin for you Fallujah mission.  ;D

Quick run down is B Troop 4-7 CAV DOW augmented by the FIN's, and additional assets from HQ. Units consist of M1A2SEP, M3A2, M2A2, CV-90/30, and STRV 122.
Red I will remember to give your guys Storms, but you may regret it in the end.  8)

Summary will change but this is close. Enemy during the attack on St. Joseph moved in infantry, mech inf, and and maybe even some armor to the south.

B Troop 4-7 CAV will have to clear the town and university, secure three bridges, an airport, and a railway station, setup blocking positions, and screen lines.
Tanks will only be used when Armor is present, as a supporting role, and or if the commander decides to use them.

I will put together a proper summary in the days to come, briefing, and more info on it. I really have to test this one multiplayer on a server, and with some people with slower connections/slower computers before this can be set in stone. I hope to have enough for a test done Monday or Tuesday so that if major changes need to be made I can get them done in time. I have another idea, but it is not made yet.

Here is a map clip teaser.

Enjoy  :) and I look forward to testing, and running the mission on Saturday!!! ;D
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline RedWardancer

• HAVOC
Order of battle
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2015, 12:56:57 PM »
What is our official lineup of playable units? 
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Re: Order of battle
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2015, 03:01:31 PM »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Cougar11

• HAVOC
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2015, 05:33:15 AM »
The future of the campaign. Looks like it may take awhile longer to go through it, but with the more time I have to make them, means more complex missions. 

So far I am looking at some scouting and counter recon, breaching, screening with assaults, counter attacks, withdraw under pressure, and more. I might even get into some logistical parts to the missions.

Always with more time, gives more options, and more detailed blue force, and enemy tactics/missions. The sky is the limits or should I say my time, patience, and sanity are. LOL  :P
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Cougar11

• HAVOC
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2015, 06:15:12 AM »
Well here is an update for the campaign. Still looking like it will still be a few weeks before we get back to it around or on April 18th. With that said I have started on the mission, and have an idea of where it is going, and what will happen. I will be making tweaks, changes, and updates over the next two weeks to this, but here is the intro to the mission so far from higher command. Enjoy, or dread it is up to you.  8)

From HVOC 6: Listen up!! Intel was just received that the Russian and their allied forces are making a large push in our area to retake the area. They most likely believe we are weakened in this area over the last three engagements. That would be true of just our Squadron. NATO forces are in route. NATO forces have given us two platoons of infantry mounted in trucks, and a newly formed Company of tanks and IFVs. They will arrive shortly, but will be short on fuel and ammo as they did not have time to pick up supplies. The Russian forces are pushing with two battalions from their reserve combat team. We believe they are pushing a recon element of BRDMs ahead of the main forces. You should expect to see a strong counter recon force consisting of IFV, AT, and Tanks. After that the advanced guard, and main body of the attack. It is unknown at this time if they are going for the town of Thessaloniki, St. Joseph, or both. 4-7 CAV DOW Combined Arms Battalion minus will recon in force to the Northeast to destroy enemy recon and counter recon forces denying them freedom of movement, and advanced intelligence on our forces. Recon forces if possible should retreat southwest, or designate ambush positions that are covered by armor units. Hold the area and we should be able to start pressing the attack instead of defending. Commander good luck, and give them hell troops!!!!!
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2015, 04:05:06 PM »
This is great.

It is always welcomed, by me anyway, when there is a back story and proper brief. This adds greatly to the immersion.

Great job Cougar
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline RedWardancer

• HAVOC
Recon by force?
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2015, 06:54:55 PM »
Heheh.  This should be a barrel of laughs.  Especially if I get a chance to set up some ambushes, depending on the battle map.  Troops in trucks?  Must be the airborne (truck-borne?).  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!  And think of how well we defended against that battalion in Phase Two.  Well, we got hurt, but got the job done.  So, are we now C Troop?  Or a whole different type of company unit in the DOW Squadron?

It doesn't have to be that detailed right? 

Now if we can get Asid back...
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Re: Recon by force?
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2015, 07:08:12 PM »

Now if we can get Asid back...

You rang?.....

:-*
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline RedWardancer

• HAVOC
Re: You rang?
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2015, 11:05:17 PM »
YES!  We can always use your veteran expertise in the missions.  Particularly with newbies.

Have you worked on campaign ribbons yet?  Or should we wait if we survive?

Someone was supposed to post videos.  Not sure where to find them here. 

Finally, the mission downloads are empty. 

So, does this all mean you need some help?  I'm not much of a computer guru though.  Figured I have time for now
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2015, 11:39:23 PM »
YES!  We can always use your veteran expertise in the missions.  Particularly with newbies.

Veteran??? lolol . I am the destroyer of Tanks....my own :D

Have you worked on campaign ribbons yet?  Or should we wait if we survive?

Working on it :)

Someone was supposed to post videos.  Not sure where to find them here. 

Working on that as well :D

Finally, the mission downloads are empty. 

Again ...Working on it. :D

So, does this all mean you need some help?  I'm not much of a computer guru though.  Figured I have time for now

All and any help is appreciated :)

Regards
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

D.O.W Saturday Mission 30/07/16 Team Iron Campaign Phase VI

Started by Cougar11