Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: Armored Warfare  (Read 7941 times)

Offline Red2112

• Life Support
Armored Warfare
« on: September 22, 2016, 05:08:32 PM »
Hi,

Long time player of AW so I thought to fill in anybody who play´s AW.

Latest update today to v0.17.2613. (around 500-600mb) Last update which was about two weeks ago was 27GB! They are getting set for Beta version 2.0 soon.

AW is from Obsidian Entertainment which some of you already know from RPG games like Pillars of Enternity among others. They been around for some time now so this is not going to be vapor ware.  Similar to W.o.T but with modren gear and not so over crowded as W.o.T.  Also there´s no money involved to move up in TIER unless you so deciced. I haven´t spent much money on it (bought 1 tank and beacuse I wanted to) and Iam at TIER-7 with a Challenger 1 MBT, one which I enjoy alot and find better then my Leo 2AV (TIER-6) besides it looks like a matchbox with wheels!

The graphics are very nice (if you download the HD pack) and the damage module is not that bad, you must hit the right places!  Each day you log-in you get some goodies besides the goodies you get in-game. There is some RPG element to it as you have to decide what to do with your goodies and what you upgrade.  There´s the option to own a platton but for that you need to pay some, not much (buy currency). You can play PVP match (quite hard) or PVE match (5 against AI) or set-up private matches with your friends (no money involved).  I find the game quite honest and straight forward.  The US servers don´t get much air play from what I hear (maybe it has changed now), but the EU servers have plenty of guy´s playing with waiting time no longer then a minute in the worst cases.

The game is in beta and FREE. Download of basic pack is around 27GB, add 20GB for the HD textures optional. Just leave it overnight.

https://aw.my.com/gb Launcher is from MyGames.

Forum:
https://aw.my.com/en/forum/forumdisplay.php?23-English-Community

Some of my gameplay...

My recent adquisition  :)
So far the Bradley is killer! It puts out some real gun power, BUT weak in armor! 3 good hits from a MBT and your in trouble! I haven´t upgraded it yet (ERA) and armor retrofit, will see then. Just makeing money in-match for the retofits.

Some hints:

Use experimental propulsion in your retrofit, it will give you that extra punch, along with the barrel linening. Use a small and medium repair kit, first aid kit and field maintainance kit. The field kit will let you respawn (once killed) with almost full power again.  Know the maps, especially in PVP! You need to know the best places to hide/spot, scout and where the enemy is coming from!  If you are using nVidia make sure to optimize the game with nVidia experiance after each update.

It´s free so give it a try if you like  ;)

Care,

Red

« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 05:55:57 PM by Red2112 »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Cougar11

• HAVOC
Re: Armored Warfare
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2016, 10:28:39 PM »
Have not made the move yet from WOT. Looks good though, and might start in the future.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Red2112

• Life Support
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2016, 11:37:13 PM »
Have not made the move yet from WOT. Looks good though, and might start in the future.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I look forward on seeing you around AW Cougar, or anybody else from D.O.W! Just let me know when you decide and I´ll look for you in the buddy list.

Recent patch has made life harder, PVE´s are not as easy as before and damage module has been tweeked, fine aim is needed now.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 11:43:09 PM by Red2112 »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2016, 12:45:36 PM »

I look forward on seeing you around AW Cougar, or anybody else from D.O.W! Just let me know when you decide and I´ll look for you in the buddy list.

Thanks Red

This is what being part of a community is all about :)
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Red2112

• Life Support
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2016, 02:31:59 PM »
Coming soon with upcoming patch 0.18.

Global Operations is a PvP and PvE hybrid game mode that is unique in the genre, blending longer term strategy with moment to moment tactics. In Global Operations, players participate in large scale, dynamic battles.
This mode introduces improvements to the core Armored Warfare rules, including:
Respawning to allow players to be engaged in the battle for much longer
Primary objectives that change throughout the match
Secondary objectives called “wild cards” that change the shape and direction of the battle in exciting ways
Each match in Global Operations will be a living, breathing battle space that expands on our existing team and class interaction, adding more opportunities for players of all skill levels to contribute toward their team's victory.

In the Global Operations mode players will fight for domination by capturing, securing or destroying various objectives. The battle time will be limited to 15 minutes with up to 15 vs 15 teams. Each team will have a pool of points.

Destroying Enemy or AI controlled vehicles, and capturing control zones will reduce the enemies’ point count. If you manage reduce this point score to zero you win the battle! The tasks will be dynamic, changing upon the battle.

KILLER AI
The opponents will not only consist of the other team, but also neutral AI-controlled forces that will be aggressive to both sides and guarding certain areas. These will not be mere cannon fodder – fighting the guards can critically delay your team’s advance and allow the other team to fall back to set up defenses and protect key control points.

Additionally, players will have the opportunity to ask for an AI vehicle support! Drive the enemy before you with trusted AI helpers on your side or defend the objectives before enemy onslaughts supported by AI-controlled vehicles – one way or the other, the Artificial Intelligence will make a difference!

LARGE MAPS
The first new map to be introduced as a part of the Global Operations is the open desert map called “Desert Crossing”. On it, two mercenary forces and their local allies are clashing over a massive dry dock with an aircraft carrier.

The map is very large and quite interactive – players will for example be able to raise bridges or open new attack routes by performing certain actions – or deny the same routes to the enemy.

WILDCARDS
Players can also capture special “Wildcard” objectives that give them the ability to call in military asset from their HQ, to tip the balance of the battle in their favor. The first map will contain the following “wildcards”:
Pillboxes: static AI-controlled object firing Anti-Tank guided missiles at enemy forces
Surveillance drone: a unmanned aerial asset that can fly above a zone and spot the enemy teams movements with ease.
Air Raid: a powerful B2 bombing run attack that flies in from off the map to wreak havoc amongst enemy lines!
Supply Zone: to allow resupply of ammo without needing to respawn
These just represent what will be available during the first release. The system is flexible enough that many new “wild cards” could be created in the future to keep current and futures maps exciting, such as for example helicopter attacks.

More information on Global Operations along with news articles and Youtube videos from your favorite streamers will be available soon. Obsidian will also be doing a live steam Q&A later in the month, answering all your questions, and making an announcement of when you will be able to try this new and exciting mode for yourself!
Be prepared! Global Operations is coming!

Regards.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Red2112

• Life Support
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2016, 07:27:21 PM »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Red2112

• Life Support
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2016, 05:28:02 PM »
This month´s objective is almost complet. Will be by the end of the day  ;) Money, money! (2k)

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Red2112

• Life Support
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

Official Modern Warfare 2 Remastered Reveal Trailer!

Started by Asid

Replies: 0
    Views: 1705
    Last post March 31, 2020, 01:07:58 PM
    by Asid
    Rule the Waves by Naval Warfare Simulations up on AWNT

Started by Sulla

Replies: 0
    Views: 5234
    Last post August 28, 2016, 12:25:39 AM
    by Sulla
    Armored Brigade II