Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: Oriental Empires  (Read 13149 times)

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Re: Oriental Empires
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2018, 03:16:45 PM »
A new chapter begins soon.
8 November - [ICE] Moonsugar   

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2018, 03:19:48 PM »
Experience the rise of Genghis Khan with Oriental Empires: Genghis, coming November 13.
9 November - [ICE] Moonsugar

We are proud to announce the first DLC for Oriental Empires. Participate in the extraordinary rise of Genghis Khan, in Oriental Empires: Genghis!

Begin as a homeless outcast and become the legendary warrior in a brand new campaign. New maps, buildings, units, resources, technologies and characters enrich and expand your quest to become a true Khan of Khans.

Train and grow a small band of warriors, cultivate alliances and pick your battles wisely to subdue the rival clans and unite the Mongol nation. Earn the title of the fearsome Genghis Khan and unleash an all-out war on the great powers of the Xi Xia, Khwarazm and Jin Dynasty era. Are you the builder of a bridge between East and West that changed the world forever? Claim your place in history as its greatest conqueror.

Guide humble Temuchin on his path to becoming the revered Genghis Khan, and experience important moments from his life in the new story campaign - or play a sandbox campaign set around the time of his birth. Genghis is set on a new map that extends from China in the East across the vast steppes of Mongolia, covering the great cities of the Silk Road, and reaching what was to become Afghanistan and Iran in the West. Stunning new building models bring the cities of the Silk Road and Islamic Central Asia to life. Discover new resources, technologies and characters as your quest unfolds.

KEY FEATURES
•   Become Genghis Khan in a brand new story campaign
•   Play as other new factions in the ‘Time of the Mongols’ sandbox campaign
•   A new map that extends from China in the East across the vast steppes of
•   Mongolia all the way to the Caspian Sea
•   Stunning new buildings
•   New roster of Mongol units
•   New units for the Turkish tribes and the Empire of Khwarazm
•   Many new resources, technologies and characters

Genghis is coming November 13. Wishlist the new DLC now!

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2018, 03:23:00 PM »
The First Oriental Empires DLC: 'Genghis' is Available Now!
13 November - [ICE] Moonsugar   

Steam page

The Oriental Empires: Genghis DLC is finally here! This brand-new addition to the base game offers new maps, buildings, units, resources, technologies and characters and expands the campaign mode to follow Genghis Khan's life story: from a homeless outcast to the legendary Warrior King.

“Genghis Khan is probably the most famous Warrior King in history and his story is one of the most requested from the Oriental Empires community. It's been fascinating bringing the world of ancient Mongolia to life, and adding storytelling elements to the game. I hope players are as excited by this DLC as I am."

- R.T. Smith (Developer)

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2018, 04:45:42 PM »
Update 13/11/18

Lots of new stuff in the DLC update even if you haven't bought yet. After spending a lot of time on user content tools this year, it's nice to get back to adding new game features.

If you don't have the DLC you'll still get these improvements
•   New Horde feature allows herder factions to build mobile settlements.
•   New technologies and edicts for herder factions
•   New Terror feature allows cities to be intimidated into surrendering. Cities that have been surrounded and assaulted for a long time may also surrender. Most useful for herders, but farmer factions can scare cities with rockets.
•   Five new resources
•   Unit experience goes up to 5
•   6 New achievements, including 3 for the Warring States campaign.
•   Scenario editor localized to all languages.
•   Significant bug fixes to cavalry in combat.
•   Usual minor improvements and bug fixes.

If you have the Genghis DLC you'll also get
•   New "Life of Genghis Khan" scenarios with story elements that help you relive his life and conquests
•   New "Time of the Mongols" scenario that depicts the world around 1200. Play as one of 15 factions including new Islamic ones, on a new map stretching from the Pacific to the Caspian Sea.
•   Many many new units for the new factions.
•   Genghis Khan specific technologies
•   Special long distance trade route resources to simulate the silk road and other important trade routes.
•   New music for herder factions
•   6 Genghis specific achievements

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2018, 02:25:19 PM »
Oriental Empires: Genghis DLC

Requires Oriental Empires

STEAM

Price: £7.19

10% off at launch = £6.47

About This Content

Participate in the extraordinary rise of Genghis Khan, in Oriental Empires: Genghis. Begin as a homeless outcast and become the legendary warrior in a brand new campaign. New maps, buildings, units, resources, technologies and characters enrich and expand your quest to become a true Khan of Khans.

Become the first Great Khan of the Mongol Empire
Train and grow a small band of warriors, cultivate alliances and pick your battles wisely to subdue the rival clans and unite the Mongol nation. Earn the title of the fearsome Genghis Khan and unleash an all-out war on the great powers of the Xi Xia, Khwarazm and Jin Dynasty era. Are you the builder of a bridge between East and West that changed the world forever? Claim your place in history as its greatest conqueror.

More Oriental Empires
Guide humble Temuchin on his path to becoming the revered Genghis Khan, and experience important moments from his life in the new story campaign - or play a sandbox campaign set around the time of his birth. Genghis is set on a new map that extends from China in the East across the vast steppes of Mongolia, covering the great cities of the Silk Road, and reaching what was to become Afghanistan and Iran in the West. Stunning new building models bring the cities of the Silk Road and Islamic Central Asia to life. Discover new resources, technologies and characters as your quest unfolds.

Genghis features

•   Become Genghis Khan in a brand new story campaign
•   Play as other new factions in the ‘Time of the Mongols’ sandbox campaign
•   A new map that extends from China in the East across the vast steppes of Mongolia all the way to the Caspian Sea
•   Stunning new buildings
•   New roster of Mongol units
•   New units for the Turkish tribes and the Empire of Khwarazm
•   Many new resources, technologies and characters

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2018, 01:55:12 PM »
Update: November 23
Oriental Empires - [ICE] Moonsugar

Hey everyone! We've just released a small update that fixes a critical bug in the Genghis DLC and takes care of a few other known issues.

Enjoying the game and want to exchange tactics, ask questions and play multiplayer with us? Join our community on Discord: http://www.discord.io/OrientalEmpires

- Moonsugar

Changelog
•   Shooting gallery models not appearing has been fixed
•   Fixed a bug in the Life of Genghis campaign that prevented progress past the Khwarazem mission
•   Fixed a bug in the Life of Genghis campaign that stopped Xi Xia being attacked in the first mission
•   Fixed a bug that let cities without caravansaries (but connected to one that does) export as if they had one
•   Fixed a bug that could cancel land trade routes when a quay was constructed when no water route was possible

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline zakblood

« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2018, 09:27:33 AM »
iv'e enjoyed my time at Iceberg Interactive Games, but all good things must come to an end sometimes, so all beta's now finished, so looking for new projects for next year, they have gone onto a QA company so outside testers are no longer needed, so Asid if you know any studio's who are looking for long term testers, i'm up for it next year, have some to finish off atm, but next year i will be taking more onboard again.

average time on alpha's is around 500 hours in game testing, and around 200+ plus for beta's :thumbsup
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2018, 01:35:47 PM »
Update: December 20
20 December - [ICE] Moonsugar

Before 2018 comes to an end, we’ve released a new update that fixes several bugs and optimizes a lot of features. The biggest change for those of you with the DLC is the ability to play as some of the DLC factions in Imperial Era through custom games!

Thank you to everyone this year for your support and encouragement, and for participating in the Oriental Empires community! Join us on Discord[discord.gg],Twitter and Facebook[www.facebook.com] to ask questions and meet other players.

Check out the Changelog below, and enjoy!

- Moonsugar

New Features
•   Added some DLC factions to custom games in Imperial Era (for players who have the DLC).
•   Reduced number of techs given at start of Imperial Era games so that there is more room for tech development.
•   Added a bowyer to cities in custom games started in the Imperial Era.
•   Added delete faction ability to scenario editor.

Optimizations
•   Allow units a double move if blocked from movement the previous turn. Helps crossing rivers and terrain when the way is blocked by other stacks.
•   Different player stacks may swap positions to reduce movement congestion.
Improved management of city objects. Reduces memory usage and improves load times on large games.
•   Fixed performance problems caused by long list of cities in settlement tab.
•   Fixed problems with large heavily interconnected trade networks performing slowly or crashing.

Bug Fixes
•   Fixed character spawn bug in Chinese and Russian versions of Genghis that gave free bodyguard units each turn.
•   Fixed bug converting settlements to hordes that stopped expenses being deducted.
•   Fixed bug with cavalry not fighting in difficult terrain.
•   AI recognizes that dismounted horse archers can take a city.
•   Fixed availability of driven civilian unit.
•   Fixed Jin Symbol.
•   Fixed some names for historical characters in Chinese.
•   Fixed other religions being allowed to Islamic factions.
•   Tweaks to Attabeg and Meng'an Cavalry units.
•   Fixed problem in scenario editor giving wrong Chinese banner symbol when none selected.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Zarco

« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2018, 07:40:06 PM »
How's diplomacy in the gane? Is it involved or like the total war series?

Enviado desde mi XT1575 mediante Tapatalk

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline General Sandman

« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2018, 04:00:34 PM »
How's diplomacy in the gane? Is it involved or like the total war series?

Enviado desde mi XT1575 mediante Tapatalk

IMO diplomacy here is a lot more reliable and consistent, which does not mean that a formerly friendly AI faction wont deceive you, if algorithms give it an opportunity.

In my current long term game, my also powerful neighbour and me always kept peace and cooperation for 250 yrs now. Our border is long and close and there definately are times for a surprise attack, but it never happened yet. I also have an exclave city in their territory. I benefit much more than this AI faction due a huge bilateral exporting trade potential.

On the other hand this AI attacked 2 of my vassals, which actually was a hostile act against me. I compensated the situation by giving a good amount of quarterly financial support to my vassals.

All in all I think the AI΄s diplomacy is quite consistent in comparison to many other games.

The fluent objects include:

- money (single and frequent payment; tribute)
- certain settlements
- trade embargo
- declaration of war or peace agreement; armistice
- becoming vassal
- praising the other as emperor
- attacking another or more factions on demand or for a compensation
- time limited harmony agreement
- time limited defence pact
- exchange of geographical info
maybe some more criteria
« Last Edit: December 22, 2018, 08:59:15 AM by General Sandman »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Who we were

“We were the ones who knew but did not understand, well informed but without insight, overloaded with factual data but poor in experience and wisdom. So we went, not stopped by ourselves."

Based on Roger Willemsen R.I.P.

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2018, 04:13:31 PM »
Nice reply Sandman  :thumbsup
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2019, 12:14:27 AM »
Coming this summer, the Oriental Empires: Three Kingdoms DLC
23 May @ 3:58pm - Nyanski

Choose your path through this, the most turbulent era in ancient Chinese history.

The Three Kingdoms is the most beloved period in Chinese history, in no small part due to its vivid depiction in the novel “Romance of the Three Kingdoms”. The ancient Han Dynasty was coming to an end, and the empire was in chaos. Bandits and rebels were overrunning the countryside, the Emperor was just a child, and control of the court had been seized by a vicious tyrant.

Yet the time of chaos was also a time of opportunity, when men of courage and ambition could rise to power from outside the traditional aristocracy. A common soldier could become a warlord, a sandal maker could become an emperor, and a fugitive would come to be revered as a god.

In this expansion you take the role of a warlord attempting to re-unite the land, and create a new dynasty.

KEY FEATURES

•   Choose from any of 26 factions on a new campaign map that stretches from Vietnam to the northern borders of China.
•   Play as one of the founders of the Three Kingdoms; the tyrant Dong Zhuo; one of many major or minor warlords, or exploit the chaos as a barbarian or bandit.
•   Unique portraits and in-game models of more than a dozen major figures.
•   More than 300 named historical characters.
•   Scripted events introduce new characters and depict important events from history and the Romance of the Three Kingdoms novel.
•   New unit models depict the soldiers of the Three Kingdoms era, as well as the Nanman and Qiang barbarians.

Wishlist the Oriental Empires: Three Kingdoms DLC now!

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2019, 11:56:17 PM »
Three Kingdoms DLC: Beta Testers Wanted!
29 Jul @ 2:39pm - Nyanskii

Hello fellow emperors,

The new Three Kingdoms DLC for Oriental Empires is coming up soon! We would love your help and suggestions to finalize it for release. That's why we are currently looking for testers to participate in a small beta. ⚔️

The beta will be very exclusive (a small group of 10-15 people) and run through our Discord server. You will be in close contact with your fellow testers and the developer. Active testers get to keep their copy of the DLC after the beta.

Interested in participating? Send us an e-mail (community@iceberg-games.com) with the following information:

•   A small motivation why you would like to test the DLC.
•   The link to your Steam profile.
•   And don't forget to join our Discord here! https://discordapp.com/invite/iceberginteractive

- Nyanskii

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1089620/Oriental_Empires_Three_Kingdoms/

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

Deity Empires

Started by Asid