Translations for our friends around the world.

New URL: www.Schwerpunkt.Games

Click image to go to main site  www.Schwerpunkt.Games

Author Topic: MODS  (Read 15395 times)

Offline governato

Re: MODS
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2016, 03:23:12 AM »
Italy is as good as any other region and your initial sample looks exactly what I was looking for. Immersive but simple. I recommend you do not stray too far from that initial test. I'd not spend too much time with mountains detail as the current map does that already, go for minimalist instead! :)
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chemkid

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2016, 08:20:36 AM »
thank you for your fast replies!  :)

getting lost in the details early-on is only one of many bad habits i better keep for something else, right...?
(had this dream of crazy coast line details and other things that would take forever...)  8)
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Rasputitsa

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2016, 12:24:36 PM »
thank you for your fast replies!  :)

getting lost in the details early-on is only one of many bad habits i better keep for something else, right...?
(had this dream of crazy coast line details and other things that would take forever...)  8)

There are enough things in life which take forever, just a lifetime will do, or maybe next week ?  ;D
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2016, 03:30:53 PM »
Italy + North Africa is a good choice...A bit of everything :)

Look forward to your work Chemkid.

Thank you
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Stardog765

« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2016, 07:22:11 PM »
Ya looks nice, very clean and if it runs smooth I am all for the mod and look forward to checking it out.

Nice work!
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Redmarkus4

« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2017, 05:58:15 PM »
Hi guys, good to see Budd and others here from WitE. I just bought the game and I'm waiting for the download link.

The map mod shown here looks really good. I hope it becomes a reality.

I played RGW and AGW when they came out and always loved this game system. I'm looking forward to the experience.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2017, 06:21:08 PM »
Hi Redmarkus4

Welcome to our group. This is the official Schwerpunkt forum. The developer, Ron is quite active here. He is continually working on the updates for WWIIE  :thumbsup

I look forward to reading about your experiences with the game here.

Regards
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Redmarkus4

« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2017, 06:59:49 PM »
Many thanks Asid.

Yes, I used to email Ron occassionally back in my RGW days. Somehow I missed the launch of this new title. I know how active and open he is, so I'm keen to get started. I'll post a few remarks as I play through...
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline budd

« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2017, 09:07:07 PM »
Hey Redmarkus,
Look forward to your thoughts on the game. Truthfully I haven't put much time into the game yet. You gonna  mod it ;) , the UI is a bit clicky and the scrolling is painful for me, but I like the package. Most of my wargaming time has been taken up with CSME.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Offline Redmarkus4

« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2017, 08:39:32 AM »
Hey Budd - good to see you here! Those old DC days, huh? I tried DC Barbarossa again last week but for some reason I now run out of fuel by turn 2 and can't make any progress at all! They must have changed something...

My thoughts so far (bearing in mind the fact that I'm an old RGW and AGW player):

- The UI is a bit clicky, I agree. It feels as though I always need to make one click more than I'd expect. A couple of ideas for streamlining:
  1. When I decide to attack a hex, maybe all available attacking units should be selected by default, with the attack type automatically set as 'Normal' (since that's presumably, um... normal). Then before committing, I can deselect units as needed and change the attack type if I wish. That would cut out about half my clicks for the phase.
  2. Instead of clicking a hex during the Move phase and then selecting the unit, perhaps a single click should auto-select the top unit in the stack and a double-click should select the whole stack. Given the mouse-over feature (which is great) the only reason for clicking the hex is to select the units, so why click twice?
  3. When I select a unit for move to exploit, all possible moves should be shown from the outset, rather than just those available in part one of the move. It would reduce the number of clicks and also prevent me from having to guess about what moves I might be able to make.

- Air units. I would like to be able to EITHER target a hex OR target an area; for interdiction for example. Targeting a hex could have an immediate effect in the Deploy phase, as now, while targeting an area would affect the CRT during the combat phase. Just a thought, given that close air support is generally called in after contact is made and not before.

- Naval units. As above; target a hex immediately or provide support operations along a section of coast during the combat phase.

- The map.
  1. I really hope the mod described here gets made. If I understand it correctly, every BMP image will need to be redrawn individually. I might give this a try at some point if nobody else does, but right now I'm very busy with work. In any case, my standard of artwork isn't as good as the samples shown here...
  2. I'd really love a shaded hex option to show which hexes are still enemy controlled, as in WitE. It's hard to judge what risks I'm taking at present, as shown in the image. How strong is my ZOC by the way? I've yet to find out.

- The AI.
  1. I played the tutorials and the Poland 1939 scenario. The AI seems quite good and it certainly doesn't just flee to the far side of the map like some I could name!
  2. I have seen a couple of examples of AI units retreating away from friendly lines and into the rear of attacking units, which is disconcerting. I wonder if the code can be adjusted so that AI units either retreat towards their supply source or higher HQ, or stand still/surrender when defeated?

Those are my main thoughts so far. Really like the game though and will certainly be playing it a lot, don't get me wrong!
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline budd

« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2017, 03:26:11 AM »
 Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the game. I just hope something is done about the map scrolling it really dissuades me from putting a lot of time into the game. I found using the arrows to move the map better than trying to use the mouse map edge scrolling. I'm pretty tolerant of a game's idiosyncrasies but the constant redrawing of the map with any slight movement really bugs me, maybe its not as bad for other people.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Offline Redmarkus4

« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2017, 06:02:14 PM »
Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the game. I just hope something is done about the map scrolling it really dissuades me from putting a lot of time into the game. I found using the arrows to move the map better than trying to use the mouse map edge scrolling. I'm pretty tolerant of a game's idiosyncrasies but the constant redrawing of the map with any slight movement really bugs me, maybe its not as bad for other people.

Yes, the sluggish map scrolling is an issue for me too. Newer games on the market raise one's expectations and what used to be normal is today frustrating.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags: