Translations for our friends around the world.

Click on banner for Theater of Operations website

Save

Author Topic: Call for Tactical Gamers!  (Read 12892 times)

Offline choppinlt

• T.O.O. Developer
    • Buckeye Battle Group
Re: Call for Tactical Gamers!
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2016, 03:17:49 PM »
Sounds great! Do you have a gaming partner to play against when resolving battles?
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Mad Mike

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2016, 04:29:21 PM »
I would also like to play-test a tactical battle, with CMx2.

I have all the WW2 CMx2 games available and can do a decent turn rate.
Not sure about a gaming partner, but maybe more people will come forward.  :)
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline choppinlt

• T.O.O. Developer
    • Buckeye Battle Group
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2016, 04:52:31 PM »
Sounds great Mad Mike! And welcome to the forum.  :) OK, perhaps you and Tactical Wargamer want to pair up?...unless you have another suggestion. You guys can message each other (or discuss openly in this forum) and see if you can find a workable arrangement. Otherwise let me know when you find a partner and we will get you guys all set up!
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Mad Mike

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2016, 01:39:21 PM »
Sounds great Mad Mike! And welcome to the forum.  :) OK, perhaps you and Tactical Wargamer want to pair up?...unless you have another suggestion. You guys can message each other (or discuss openly in this forum) and see if you can find a workable arrangement. Otherwise let me know when you find a partner and we will get you guys all set up!

OK, sounds good.
I would be happy to play against Tactical Wargamer.

When do you imagine the battle should start? I won't be available for the next two weeks, but after that, I will be ready to go.
Also, is there any recommended reading in this forum where I should start to get up to speed with the battle's setting?
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2016, 04:17:42 PM »
This sounds great.

Will be waiting for the AAR  :)
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline choppinlt

• T.O.O. Developer
    • Buckeye Battle Group
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2016, 08:22:18 PM »
Thanks Asid!

Great questions Mad Mike, see below...

When do you imagine the battle should start?
So here is how we will handle it, as battles develop during our scenario we will see who is available to play out any of the battles (if anyone), and I will resolve the rest with the combat resolution system. Currently we have someone playing out one of the smaller battles that just developed, and I have resolved the remaining battles with my combat resolution system. In other words, keep an eye out on this forum as more battles develop, and if you are available please let us know. Then we will get you set up from there. Make sense?

Also, is there any recommended reading in this forum where I should start to get up to speed with the battle's setting?
I have nothing in particular to read that I can think of... When we assign you a battle we will give you an order of battle of units (and their condition), battlefield dimensions and terrain, approximate setup locations, and environmental conditions. Does this answer your question? Do I need to clarify further or give more info?
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Mad Mike

« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2016, 08:18:07 PM »
So here is how we will handle it, as battles develop during our scenario we will see who is available to play out any of the battles (if anyone), and I will resolve the rest with the combat resolution system. Currently we have someone playing out one of the smaller battles that just developed, and I have resolved the remaining battles with my combat resolution system. In other words, keep an eye out on this forum as more battles develop, and if you are available please let us know. Then we will get you set up from there. Make sense?

Yep, makes sense, no problem and I will keep my eyes open. Like I said, could be a couple of days until I'm fully available.

I have nothing in particular to read that I can think of... When we assign you a battle we will give you an order of battle of units (and their condition), battlefield dimensions and terrain, approximate setup locations, and environmental conditions. Does this answer your question? Do I need to clarify further or give more info?

Also fine, answers my question. So I would then proceed to produce a battle in CMx2 and find an opponent with whom I can play the battle out.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

Video on Tactical Battle Resolution

Started by choppinlt

Replies: 4
    Views: 4472
    Last post February 11, 2016, 05:22:49 PM