Translations for our friends around the world.

Click on banner for Tacview website

Author Topic: Tacview... How do YOU use it?  (Read 4352 times)

Offline Longknife

Tacview... How do YOU use it?
« on: September 15, 2016, 09:50:37 PM »
Disclaimer: I have barely scratched the surface of Tacviews functionality. I never read the manual nor any of the tuts. I got into it, played with it & figured out how to watch my flights & thats it.

I am wondering how many of y'all have Tacview & if you do have it what do you use it for? For my part as I said I know very little about it & just use it to watch my dogfights to analyze how they went. I think its pretty cool to see the battle develop from a completely diff perspective. Often what it really looks like isnt what I thought it would look like immediately after the battle.

The other thing I use it for is to watch missions I have flown. Once again its pretty cool to see what all is going on around you. When I am flying I think my SA is sky high but watching the mission develop it amazes me how little I am really seeing.

Finally I am currently using it as a training aide for bombing practice in the Mig21. Specifically loft bombing. In DCS when loft bombing its hard to see the actual impact of the bomb by the time you rolled back over because if you missed the crater is done smoking by that time. I find it invaluable for that.

So thats all I am doing with it. What do y'all use it for?
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Re: Tacview... How do YOU use it?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2016, 07:20:35 PM »
Hi Longknife

I have the Pro version of Tacview. I wanted the extra "Exclusives Features" http://www.tacview.net/features/professional/en/#strategic-view . I like analysis and think the pro version would come in handy for our group.

At the moment I use it in DCS but intend to use it in PREPAR3D & FSX. In DCS I look at my ingress and egress into a specific target area. It is amazing what you see in Tacview. Especially when you use features like showing detection ranges. It is also great for analysing the payload delivery.

Tacview is a simple but powerful tool. It has a free version which I would recommend to all. The dev is very active and responsive. Tacview has some very interesting features coming.

Regards
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Tags:

Tacview 1.8.7 beta 18 is available Now

Started by Asid

Replies: 0