Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: Combat Procedure Trainer Leopard 2  (Read 5006 times)

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Combat Procedure Trainer Leopard 2
« on: February 22, 2015, 03:09:08 PM »
Combat Procedure Trainer Leopard 2
Posted by Ssnake on Feb 13th, 2015 in Featured

http://www.esimgames.com/?p=1705

The GeSim Leopard 2 (combat procedure trainer) has received its lifetime extension. The Austrian Bundesheer has accepted the final delivery and resumes the training of its tank companies at the Combat School in Zwölfaxing near Vienna. The combat procedure trainer was originally manufactured in Germany in 1993, and later sold to Austria along with the Leopard 2A4 main battle tank.

Steel Beasts Professional was chosen as the desired simulation software for a variety of reasons, among them the flexibility to connect the combat procedure trainer with the larger classroom network in a nearby building to embed the  platoon level simulator cabins in the tactical context of company team and even battalion scale exercises. As such, it now supports the inclusion of desktop trainer stations simulating other Austrian vehicles such as the Ulan IFV, or the LMV with its remote weapon station.

The lifetime extension of the GeSim is the result of a collaborative effort where Diehl BGT Defence of Röthenbach, Germany took responsibility for the hardware part – replacement of obsolete electronic components, interfacing with control instruments, and expanding the simulator’s capability with the addition of extra sights and instruments.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Lumituisku

• HAVOC
  • Howl with the pack
Re: Combat Procedure Trainer Leopard 2
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2015, 07:04:04 PM »
What is this thing actually? o.O 

is it like full class room. Or like actual tank simulator, like manned turret / cabin? Or what?
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pain is the nature of life. it is the recognition that I'm nothing more. - Mark Rowland's

Offline Cougar11

• HAVOC
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2015, 06:35:54 AM »
One way to look at it is that Esims/Steel Beasts just got a good contract. Meaning that could come from this is more contract money to produce upgrades, fixes, vehicles, and other bells and whistles for the personal addition in the future, and the longevity of the game.  8)

The simulation modules the army uses are mock-ups of the vehicles they use, and are integrated like a joystick is that we personal users use. The article talks about Germany supplying the equipment to fix and get their systems up and running, and are going to use Steel Beasts military version of the software to do their training. If you go to the Esims/Steel Beasts sites, they have a video of I think a German or Danish simulator center at a barracks, and it shows the equipment, and systems running Steel Beasts.

Hope this helps.  :)
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Lumituisku

• HAVOC
  • Howl with the pack
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2015, 04:30:10 PM »

I guess it does.

I do understand photos / videos more easily than text. But yeah I assumed something to this direction too.

And maybe best to describe it was that

One way to look at it is that Esims/Steel Beasts just got a good contract. Meaning that could come from this is more contract money to produce upgrades, fixes, vehicles, and other bells and whistles for the personal addition in the future, and the longevity of the game.  8)

Thanks Cougar :)
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pain is the nature of life. it is the recognition that I'm nothing more. - Mark Rowland's

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2015, 07:27:16 PM »
Steel Beasts Pro is being used with custom hardware to simulate "real world" training. That is what it is.

Holstebro Simulator Presentation

Regards
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Tags: