Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: Foxhole  (Read 5032 times)

Offline Beef

• Bellum Simulatis
Foxhole
« on: August 08, 2016, 06:19:57 PM »
There is a game on Steam that looks pretty interesting:FOXHOLE

It is a prototype game, and is a 3D top-down (like Men of War or Company of Heroes) multi-player game.

There is a free demo on Steam!

From the developers website:

FAQ

General

What is Foxhole all about?

Foxhole's goal is to make players truly feel like they are working together to direct the outcome of an open ended war. Some games have attempted to pull this off in the past, but many of the have been hindered by gameplay affecting microtransactions or mechanics that hold the player's hands too much, resulting in wars that feel artificial instead of truly organic and player driven. Our mission is to be uncompromising in delivering this experience.

Our dream is to have hundreds of players working in unison to complete large scale operations that takes weeks to plan. We want players to be setting up supply lines, executing missions behind enemy lines, and banding together to defend key strategic locations throughout the world. These ideas are extremely ambitious, but we are confident that we can achieve them if we work together with the player community over the long term.

When will the full game be released?

Our first step is to get through Steam Greenlight, then we're going to release on Early Access as soon as we can. We don't have a definite plan on how long the game will be in Early Access for. Given the ambitious goals we have for Foxhole, we imagine it will be quite a long time before we're ready for a "full release".

Will the game be free to play or paid?

We haven't decided on how to sell the game yet. Right now we're focused on getting players interested in the concept and on making the best version of the game we can.

In our ideal situation, we'd like to charge one flat fee for the game and never sell any microtransactions. This is not always possible with games like Foxhole where having lots of simultaneous live players is critical.

Will the game be pay to win?

We'd rather shut down the project than introduce any form of pay to win mechanics.

Is the game really going to have a single shard universe?

This is the long term goal for us. In the meantime, we may have to settle with multiple "universes" if our technology isn't ready to support having all players in the same shard. So it depends on how many people are playing the game, and the state of our networking technology.

How many players will be supported in the full game?

Our goal is to support as many simultaneous players as we can and we believe that we can reach several hundred with our current technology. Eventually, our dream is to support way more this (in Foxhole or a future project), but we're aren't focusing too much on this problem until we have the player population to justify it.

What platforms will be supported?

We are focusing first on Windows PC. In the further future we may consider other platforms like Mac, Linux, and consoles.

World & Theme

Does the game take place in WWI or WW2?

Neither. While the game is inspired by early 20th century weapons and tactics, the game actually takes place in an alternate timeline future where the world wars never ended an Earth has been at war for a hundred years. We'll have more to say about the setting in the future.

To be clear, our goal is not to make a WW1/WW2 simulator, but rather to make the player feel like they are fighting a war where the combat and strategies are grounded in the world wars.

Who are the Wardens and Colonials? Do they represent the Allies or Axis from WW2?

The Wardens and Colonials are fictional factions from the alternate timeline universe that Foxhole takes place in. They are not representative of any nation/group from real history and neither faction serves as the "good guys" or "bad guys" in the world.

Features

Will there be vehicles in the full game?

We're really excited about the idea of vehicles (tanks, trucks, APCs, etc) and it's something we're going to explore down the road.

Will the game feature spatialized voice chat?

We are looking to support this in the future as we see it as an important feature of the game.

Combat Prototype

What is the combat prototype?

The combat prototype was released so that we could test the game's networking technology and core combat mechanics. We wanted to test these two aspects of the game in a live environment and gather feedback from real players.

Even though the prototype is only representative of a small portion of the game, from what we've heard it's still quite fun to play on it's own! We plan on updating it as frequently as we can moving forward.

Where can I report bugs or send crash reports?

Please report all bugs on our Bug Reports forum on our Steam community hub.

Can I stream the game on Twitch or Youtube?

Yes.

How can I remap my controls in the prototype?

Coming soon!

Why is the prototype running poorly on my PC or crashing all the time?

We haven't spent too much time optimizing the client yet or making things super stable. We're working to improve on this in the coming weeks.

Why do enemy characters disappear and repear constantly during gameplay?

Characters will disappear/reappear when they leave/enter your line of sight. In Foxhole, enemies are only visible if your character can actually see them (unobstructed) in the world.

Will 32-bit CPUs or DX10 be supported?

We decided only to support 64-bit CPUs and DX11 moving forward.

Last updated Aug 7, 2016
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Stardog765

Re: Foxhole
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2016, 06:22:42 PM »
Looks interesting brah!
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2016, 06:53:54 PM »
Nice....Is it here yet? More importantly...Have you bought it yet???  :P
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Beef

• Bellum Simulatis
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2016, 08:09:53 PM »
Ja, it is on Steam now and I have downloaded and installed it...will try it out soon.

So much time and so little to do!

-Beef
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Stardog765

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2016, 08:22:10 PM »
I think its time for an intervention  :)

Wait how much did you say it was? hmmm
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2016, 08:24:01 PM »
I think its time for an intervention  :)

Wait how much did you say it was? hmmm

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Don_prince

• Member.
  • A J