Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: The Withering  (Read 26450 times)

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Re: The Withering
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2017, 03:45:16 PM »
The Withering 2.0.0.3 Update
The Withering - CrochaN

General Information
Hello everybody! In this update I am introducing the new combined character controller into the gameplay. The new functionality consists of all three previously separate controller states, unarmed, melee and gunplay. The new controller functionality now combines all three states into one.

In addition, the new controller now fully supports the coexistence of the 2.0 character / item stats system. This introduces an enormous verity to the gameplay. As well as opens the door to additional features that will further expand the gameplay elements for the players.

The demo scene has been adjusted and players can now engage in both melee and gunfight combat with enemies being re-spawned across the map.

Important Information
Currently there are several elements still being developed for the new controller. The ability to switch directly between Melee state and Gunplay state is one of them. Players are still able to do that with the current controller version, but it requires to switch the combat mode off and on again.

The controller functionality will be expanded in the next update and it will fully support the direct transition between these states. As well as a fully functioning HUD. The new HUD will reflect the character vital stats such as health, stamina and fatigue, as well as have a fully detailed weapon display functionality.

Melee combat stats
With this new update, melee combat is being expanded to support the weapon stats. Each melee weapon now has combat stats such as damage, critical hit chance and critical hit damage. In addition, the heavy strikes now deal higher damage to enemies.

The melee combat mechanic has been upgraded to fully support these stats or any stats that will be added down the road.

Firearms combat stats
In addition to the melee stats expansion, the gunplay mechanic has been upgraded as well. Several firearm weapons have been added to the game and players can try them out in the demo scene.

Each firearm now has the following stats that have been fully integrated in the gameplay mechanic:

# Damage
# Critical Hit Chance
# Critical Hit Damage Multiplier
# Accuracy
# Stability

The last two stats work together to introduce an additional weapon control mechanic into the gameplay. Accuracy is governing the precision of each shot. Each following shot will be slightly less accurate as the weapon kicks, and this is where Stability weapon stat will dictate how fast the accuracy will be regained. For example, firing a long burst with a fully automatic weapon will suffer accuracy penalty with each shot. But bursts with a short pause between them will allow the weapon to be stabilized and suffer less accuracy penalty. Stability is critical for both, automatic and semi automatic weapons.

Next Update Planned Features
In the next update I plan to have the new controller functionality to be fully implemented and finalized.

The new player HUD will be added.

The construction of the new playable environment will begin.

Feedback
Please leave your thoughts, feedback and ideas in the following thread:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/427950/discussions/0/2741975115076574273/

Please feel free to ask questions in that thread as well.

Thank you!
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2017, 03:47:48 PM »
The Withering 2.0 - Development Update
The Withering - CrochaN

Hello everybody!

It's been a very busy week and I am very happy with the results! I am slightly ahead of the estimated schedule with the development and the end result is better than I have anticipated!

I would like to share a few things with you on what was achieved in the past couple of weeks as well the plans for the near future.

Environment and HUD
The player HUD development was completed. HUD now fully functioning with the new player stats system and weapon display.

The following screenshots were taken from the new game environment that will become a part of the Withering 2.0 city map.

Let's break it down a little bit. One of the major changes in 2.0 is the scale of the map. If we look at the buildings in the distance, they are over one thousand game units away from the character. Now to put it in perspective, the largest map in 1.x is currently Upper St.Claire section of the city. St.Claire is built on a 500x500 game units map. What we see on the screenshot above is twice the size of an entire St.Claire map.

Let's talk a little bit about performance and optimization. I was able to develop a more advanced level design approach that allows for the same amount of details to be implemented while costing less resources. This also allowed for a larger scale construction. In addition, new features were developed such as cloth behavior emulation is now controlled via shaders rather than physics engine, and as such will reduce the processing cost and increase an overall performance. New improvements were also implemented for particle systems and other gameplay elements.

My initial internal testing yielded a much better results in comparison to the 1.x build. This testing was done BEFORE the major optimizations are applied. I am expecting an even better results once the map is fully constructed and optimized.

Development Roadmap
In the light of the latest development and testing, I am now able to adequately estimate the development road map for the Withering 2.0 up until the merge into the main branch.

July 03 - July 16

Aggressive city map construction work
July 16th - Patch Rollout

July 17 - July 31

City map construction
Random events development
July 31 - Patch Rollout

Aug 1 - Aug 15

City map construction
Infected enemies development

Aug 16 - Aug 31

City map construction
Camp interface expansion
Camp mechanics development
Aug 31 - Patch Rollout

Sep 1 - Sep 15

City map construction
Camp interface expansion
Camp mechanics development

Sep 15 - Sep 30

City map construction
Item database expansion
Crafting mechanics expansion
Sep 30 - Patch Rollout

Oct 1 - Oct 15

Polishing and fine-tuning of game mechanics
Preparation for main branch merge

Oct 15 - Oct 20 - Main branch merge!

I will be posting a detailed announcements per engagement.

Feedback

Thank you!
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2017, 12:00:30 AM »
The Withering 2.0.0.4 Update
17 JULY   - CROCHAN

The Withering 2.0.0.4 update is now live!

General Information
Hello everybody! I will keep this announcement short and to the point. In this update I am introducing a section the new City map for players to explore as well as the latest version of the character controller.

Important Information
The purpose of this release is to primarily gather the feedback from the players in regards to the controller mechanics and the new map performance. The map has been optimized for this build, however, this is not a final optimization pass. Once the map has been fully constructed it will undergo additional optimizations. Also, I will expand the player options to allow more detailed graphic settings for players to adjust for different systems.

The city map construction is going very well and on schedule. The new environment is by far less demanding than in the previous 1.x version of the game, and the memory consumption has been optimized.

The city map will be expanded in the next update and new random events will become available in the city free roam.

Current build controller has been expanded to work with the new character stats system and the new HUD system. Currently there is only melee and primary weapons available to players. Secondary and Sidearm weapons will be added in the future updates.

Additional controller functionality will also be added and current features will be expanded down the road.

Feedback

Gaining Access to BETA
Please note that this update is for the game's BETA branch only. To gain access to the BETA branch please follow the steps below:

1) In the Steam game library right click The Withering and select properties

2) In the properties window, switch to BETAS tab on top

3) Enter gimmebetapls in beta access code and click on Check Code

4) Select the Public Beta Branch from the drop down menu and allow Steam to download the new build

If you do not see the Public Beta Branch, please make sure you entered the code correctly.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2017, 02:50:33 PM »
The Withering 2.0.0.5 Update
1 AUGUST   - CROCHAN

The Withering 2.0.0.5 update is now live!

General Information
Hello everybody! Another update for the 2.0 is here and we are going steady according to the schedule. New features are coming in and the map is being expanded with every update.

Random Events
With this update I am introducing the new events system that will manage the randomly generated events across the map. With this system in place I will be able to build new types of events and easily implement them into the game with future updates.

These events will randomly spawn across the environment and players will get a notification message when one of these events is nearby. Once you receive the notification, be on a lookout for a red signal flare smoke. There will be multiple types of events: random resources, infestations, rescue, boss fights and so on.

Each type of event will yield different loot. For example a resource cache event might hold medical supplies, military supplies or a large component cache. Other events will offer better gear drops, special components, etc.

City Map Expansion
The free roam City map has been expanded in this update and I estimate it is now about 45% of the final size. A large portion of the Skyway underpass is now available for exploration and scavenging.

What Comes Next
I am planning to release the next update by Aug 31 as it was scheduled. With that update I will be introducing the new infected enemies and gameplay elements such as infestation events. In addition, the update will bring the camp gameplay back into the beta with new functionality.

Feedback

Gaining Access to BETA
Please note that this update is for the game's BETA branch only. To gain access to the BETA branch please follow the steps below:

4) Select the Public Beta Branch from the drop down menu and allow Steam to download the new build

If you do not see the Public Beta Branch, please make sure you entered the code correctly.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2017, 01:35:21 AM »
The Withering 2.0.0.10 Update
15 NOVEMBER   - CROCHAN

The Withering 2.0.0.10 update is now live!

General Information
Hello everybody! With this update I'm introducing some of the new feature that I have mentioned in my posts on the forum. The reason I'm releasing this update rapidly after the 2.0.0.9 is because it features several gameplay elements that I feel will greatly contribute to the features of the previous update.

Enemy Loot
Enemies now drop loot! The loot varies, depending what type of enemy players have taken down.

Item Database Expansion
A new item type is now available! Commodities item type will now be dropping from defeated enemies. These items can be sold to any vendor for good profit.

Crafting Recipes
Wood and Medicine resources can now be broken down into medicine consumable items and wooden components.

Melee Weapons
Rare and Epic melee weapons are now available from in world loot and Black Market vendor in the Camp.

HUD Update
The player HUD has been updated to display the Camp Fame in free roam.

Main Camp Expansion
I have begun work on the Docks building in main camp and players can notice that the resource donation is now available in the camp interface. This is a first step in introducing the new Docks building functionality. The Docks will allow players to manage all Factions based functionality in the camp, as well as travel to the HUB, and trade with different Faction vendors.

Feedback

Gaining Access to BETA

Thank you!
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2018, 06:07:36 PM »
The Withering 2.0 - Development Update #5
22 DECEMBER, 2017   - CROCHAN

Hello everybody!

As I mentioned before, with camp management features in place I am now able to shift my work towards the character development and for the last week and a half I was doing a lot of ground work on expanding the player character systems, to support all of the new upcoming features and some changes that will be implemented over the next few updates.

I think I have said that before, but.. Somehow, it's a special feeling killing Z's with a shotty! :)

With the next update, that is scheduled for this weekend, I will be introducing the new secondary weapons into the gameplay. The secondary weapon slots will be dedicated to shotgun type weapons for close combat. This will include the new ammo, new ammo recipe and a whole range of weapon rarities for the shotguns. Currently two types of shotguns will be added to the arsenal, and will be available for purchase from vendors in the camp. Yes, I do plan to add more..

Additionally, the work that was done on the character systems will allow me to implement the rest of the gameplay elements such as hunger / thirst and their effects on the character for example.

Thank you!
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2018, 06:10:37 PM »
The Withering 2.0.0.18 Update
13 JANUARY   - CROCHAN

The Withering Update 2.0.0.18 is now live!

As you probably noticed, the 2.0.0.18 update has been silently rolled out earlier today. In this announcement I will be talking about the new features introduced with this update.

New HUD Elements
With this update there are several gameplay mechanics that have been implemented into the gameplay. The player HUD has been updated to reflect all the new features and some changes to existing functionality. The detailed information about new features will follow in this announcement.

Hunger and Thirst
The hunger and thirst mechanics have been activated. These stats are governing the health and stamina regeneration rates. If your character is hungry or thirsty, it will reflect on their ability to regenerate.

Food and Water
The item database has been expanded with a new category. Players will now be able to scavenge or purchase food and water items. These items can be consumed to restore hunger / thirst, or used in a brand new Cooking crafting recipes.

Cooking
A brand new Cooking recipe book is available for players. The cooking crafting mechanic allows players to combine food items into a more complex consumables that restore hunger / thirst and some of them restore health.

Pistols
We now have side arms joining the arsenal, and players can loot or purchase handguns. Additionally a side arm ammo has recipe has been added to the camp casting machine crafting recipe book.

Grenades
Grenades mechanic has been expanded and players can now craft improvised grenades from camp foundry recipe book. The HUD also has been updated to reflect the number of grenades that player is carrying.

Feedback

Thank you!
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2018, 05:45:27 PM »
The Withering 2.0.0.18f1 Patch
26 JANUARY   - CROCHAN

The Withering 2.0.0.18f1 Patch Notes

This patch addresses the issues that were reported by the community after the 2.0.0.18 Update release.

Fixed: Melee combat mechanics
Fixed: Sidearm mechanics
Fixed: Weapon models would not spawn sometimes
Fixed: Sidearm stats information tab grayed out
Fixed: Vendor inventory at camp
Fixed: Ammo reserve would not update on runtime sometimes

Added: Sidearms now have all rarity sets
Added: Sidearms and Secondary weapons epic grades at Faction vendors

Feedback

Gaining Access to BETA

Thank you!
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2018, 03:37:12 PM »
The Withering 2.0.0.19 Update
12 FEBRUARY   - CROCHAN

The Withering Update 2.0.0.19 is now live!

The latests 2.0.0.19 update has been silently rolled out last night. This update is probably the most important update to be released, as it introduces an enormous amount of changes and improvements under the hood. It is mostly focused on the player character mechanics and the way they are being processed during runtime.

Important Information
With 2.0.0.19 update, the player character mechanics have been expanded and reworked to allow for a universal player character game components. What it means is that after this update, I will be able to fairly easily and quickly implement new playable characters without having to redesign an entire inventory and stats systems for each new character.

This was one of the most important steps in the development and now that it has been implemented, I will be focusing on preparing the build for the main branch replacement.

Important Information
With this update, players are being introduced to a few new members of the underground survivors. Each character has an independent progression in stats, equipment loadout, yet have the access to the shared camp resources and storage.

New Recipes
Additionally, new firearms crafting recipes are being introduced with this update. Players are now able to craft multiple firearms with different rarity grades.

Community Testing
I would like to thank everybody who is actively participating in the public beta testing for 2.x, and would like to encourage players to report any new issues if they are to be discovered that are specifically related to the new multi character system introduced with this update. Such as:

Inventory system issues
Data saving / loading
Shared inventory collection (Storage, shared Camp related systems)
Stats and Equipment

If players discover the issues with the mentioned above mechanics, please do report them in Feedback or Bugs and Troubleshooting threads.

Feedback

Gaining Access to BETA

Thank you!
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2018, 03:17:38 PM »
The Withering 2.0.0.20 Update
26 FEBRUARY   - CROCHAN

The Withering Update 2.0.0.20 is now live!

Hello everybody! The 2.0.0.20 update has been silently rolled out last night. This update is focusing on preparation for the main branch migration, both technically and gameplay wise. The main branch migration is scheduled to happen on this upcoming weekend, and I will be posting another development update to address this migration in detail.

New Tutorials
With 2.0.0.20 update a new game tutorials are available to players. The new tutorials can be viewed by pressing the question mark icon on the top interface, and are focused on all the gameplay key elements and mechanics.

New Looting Mechanic
As it was requested multiple times by the community, a new quick loot mechanic has been implemented into the gameplay. Players can now scavenge nearby loot objects by pressing "F" key on a keyboard. Pressing "F" with a loot window open will loot all items and pressing "Esc" key will close the loot window.

New Recipes
Additionally, new melee weapon crafting recipes are being introduced with this update. Players are now able to craft multiple melee weapons with different rarity grades. New water filtering crafting recipe is also added to the cooking category. Players can now find and filter the dirty water into drinkable water bottles.

New Items
The Item Database is being expanded to support the new functionality that is introduced with this update. Additionally, there are a few new items available from the HUB traders in the camp.

Fixes

Fixed: Some missions did not reflect a proper success rate.
Fixed: Action Points were being capped.

Community Testing
I would like to thank everybody who is actively participating in the public beta testing for 2.x, and would like to encourage players to report any new issues if they are to be discovered that are specifically related to the new multi character system. Such as:

Inventory system issues
Data saving / loading
Stats and Equipment

If players discover the issues with the mentioned above mechanics, please do report them in Feedback or Bugs and Troubleshooting threads.

Feedback

Gaining Access to BETA

Thank you!
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2018, 02:24:13 PM »
The Withering 2.0 - Development Update #6
2 MARCH   - CROCHAN

Hello everybody!

The weekend is quickly approaching and with it the main branch migration of the BETA build. In this announcement I will talk about this migration and what is going to happen to the 1.x legacy build. I will also briefly talk about the next development steps and focus, post migration.

BETA migration
The current BETA build residing in the public beta branch will be migrating to the main branch over this weekend. Players that currently opted to the default branch will be migrating to the 2.x build.

The 1.x legacy build will remain available for now, under a new legacy branch. To gain access to the legacy branch please follow the steps below:

3) Enter legacybranch in beta access code and click on Check Code

4) Select the Legacy branch from the drop down menu

Due to drastic differences in mechanics, the 2.x and 1.x builds are incompatible and the data will not be transfered.

Next Steps
Now that we have a solid multi character player controller and management systems, I will focus my attention on developing and expanding the playable map. There are several aspects that I would like to address, and as a first step I will be working on finilizing the city map.

Once the city map construction has been completed, I will look into expanding the gameplay to a legacy free roam open map. As I mentioned before, the goal is to transfer most, if not all legacy gameplay elements into the new 2.x version with the new mechanics in place.

Feedback

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2018, 02:26:21 PM »
The Withering 2.0.0.21 Update
5 MARCH   - CROCHAN

The Withering Update 2.0.0.21 is now live!

Hello everybody! This 2.0.0.21 update will be migrating to the main branch. There are several new crafting recipes, map and item database expansions introduced with this update.

Migration
I am currently working on the media side for the new 2.x build to replace all of the information on the Steam store page. The migration will happen as soon as I have all of the media elements in place and the information on the page updated.

City Map Expansion
The city scavenging area now has convenient stores that can be scavenged for components, food and water.

New Recipes
Players are now able to craft Food, Fuel and Medicine resources to help with the faction trade. New components are added to the item database.

New Items
The Item Database is being expanded to support the new functionality that is introduced with this update.

Fixes

Fixed: Interact (Quick Loot) key was not listed in input configuration
Fixed: Assembly Layout interface visual bugs
Fixed: Radio Mission descriptions were incorrect
Fixed: Random Events loot would not yield equipment items sometimes

Community Testing
I would like to thank everybody who is actively participating in the public beta testing for 2.x, and would like to encourage players to report any new issues if they are to be discovered that are specifically related to the new multi character system. Such as:

Inventory system issues
Data saving / loading
Stats and Equipment

Feedback

Gaining Access to BETA

Thank you!
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2018, 08:59:17 PM »
The Withering 2.x Migration to Main Branch
The Withering - CrochaN

The Withering 2.x Migration to Main Branch just went live!

Hello everybody!

As it was previously announced, the new stable Withering 2.x build is replacing the legacy 1.x build in the main branch!

Players who are opted to the default main branch will be getting the new 2.x build and all following updates. For players who want to gain access to the legacy 1.x build can do so by opting to the legacy branch. To opt to a legacy branch please follow the steps below:

3) Enter legacybranch in beta access code and click on Check Code

4) Select the Legacy branch from the drop down menu

Due to drastic differences in mechanics, the 2.x and 1.x builds are incompatible and the data will not be transferred. Please note that by opting to a legacy branch, you will not be getting any new updates.

The Withering 2.x new build information

With the new 2.x build, players will now have access to a brand new character system, inventory management, fluent camp management and other new features. The 2.0 update is focused on all of the new features we are introducing with it, please keep in mind that this is a work in progress and some of the gameplay elements are not yet implemented with this release.

The Camp
The 2.0 introducing a brand new camp gameplay with deep and fluent management system that is no longer a separate entity. In 2.0 players will dynamically move between the Camp and the rest of the world, while sharing the Camp features amongst all of the characters.

The new Camp is a living entity, with vendors, quartermaster and survivors populating it. The entire system is managed from a single menu directly from the character interface, which allows players to transparently switch between characters in world and still have access to all of the camp features.

The new interface allows players to manage all of the camp buildings, survivors and missions. Upgrade different structures and add-ons to gain multiple bonuses.

All of the camp upgrades, add-ons and other types of improvements are now managed directly from the character control, through our new robust inventory and stats management system. These elements have a verity of bonuses and stats, rarities and more. There are many ways for players to receive these upgrades, and one them being crafting.

New Crafting System
Crafting! Yes, in 2.0 players will gain access to a new deep crafting system that is easily managed through the new character interface. The system is based on several types of crafting categories like Tools, Armor, Weapons, Gear with recipes available in each of these categories.

More Crafting
2.0 also introduces the extended crafting mechanic that will mostly be used for constructing Camp upgrades and Add-ons, combine scavenged items into resource bundles or breaking down other types of items. This system will require players to assemble the recipe by dropping the items in appropriate slots. Different combinations will yield different results.

Players will receive the recipes by different means, like completing a mission and getting a recipe as a reward, or simply by finding one while scavenging the world with their character.

NPCs
In 2.0 players will now have access to the new types of NPCs such as a camp vendor and a quartermaster. With our new character system players gain access to the trading system, each items now have value and can be sold or purchased from different vendors throughout the world.

Some of these vendors will have specialty items that players will need for more advanced recipes or a special item bonus.

Another type of NPC introduced in 2.0 is the quartermaster. The quartermaster manages players storage, which is a shared repository available to all player characters.

These NPCs can be found in different areas in the world and players will be able to access their storage by interacting with them, so the storage is no longer limited to only Camp gameplay.

Player Characters
The new character system in 2.0 allows player to fully customize the character stats through gear, equipment and other means. Characters now have multiple stats that are used through the gameplay for different purposes, like interacting with NPCs, scavenging, combat, etc..

One of the most important changes in 2.0's character management is that players are no longer limited to the four characters defined. Instead, players will be able to find new playable characters through out the gameplay, by using the radio communication from the camp, running missions, exploring the world, etc.

Each playable character will have a background story and unique looks. Once players add a new character to their roster, they can take switch between the characters at designated spots in the world or in their camp at will, and customize the character stats to their liking with different equipment sets. This allows players to have different types of characters for different situations in the game.

One of such examples would be to have a character with high charisma and persuasion stats to use on diplomacy missions. And have another character to do the fighting.

Exploring and Scavenging
As it was mentioned above, players will now be able to fluently transition between the camp and the world map with any of their characters. This is done directly from the game world, by interacting with entry / exit points.

These points will allow players to cross between maps, Camp, missions and other areas throughout the world with their active character.

Withering 2.0 introduces a brand new scavenging system that will take the experience to the next level!

Everything in the world now becomes a part of this scavenging system, and players will be able to interact with the in world objects. The system automatically highlights the objects that are available for scavenging.

Different objects will yield different loot types and categories, such as components, resources, equipment and etc.

Scavenged objects will randomly respawn through out the world.

Feedback and Bug Reporting
Please leave your feedback regarding your gameplay experience and ideas in the following thread:

Please feel free to ask questions in the thread as well.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2018, 09:01:20 PM »
The Withering 2.0.0.22 Update
The Withering - CrochaN

The Withering Update 2.0.0.22 is now live!

Hello everybody! This update addresses the issues that were reported by the community as well as adding new features to the gameplay.

Minimap
As it was requested by the community, I am introducing the new Minimap feature with this update. The Minimap is now available on players HUD and it will display all nearby points of interest such as loot, map transitions, events and etc.

The new Minimap interface can be zoomed in and out by using the buttons on the HUD, or Plus and Minus keys on the keyboard.

Fixes

Fixed: Vendor interface scrollbars not visible sometimes
Fixed: Possible crash when transitioning between areas
Fixed: Mission reward item would get lost sometimes
Fixed: Additional technical performance fixes applied

Adjusted: Vendor interface panel has been adjusted for better view
Adjusted: Trinkets now provide greater stat bonuses for radio events
(Applies to new trinkets)

The Wilderness
As I mentioned before, I am now focusing my development on expanding the playable map. Based on community feedback, the main feature that is currently lacking in 2.x version is the free roam open wilderness map, and that is exactly what I plan to bring next into the new version.

The screenshot above is showing current rural area that is a work in progress. The new area that will become available with future updates is 5 times larger in comparison to it's predecessor in 1.x version.

I will be focusing my work on development of this new area over the course of the next several updates, and will be posting the development updates on a weekly basis.

Feedback

Thank you!
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2018, 02:25:07 AM »
The Withering - Development Update #7
22 MARCH   - CROCHAN

Hello everybody!

I just wanted to share the latest development update for the new free roam wilderness map. Overall I am very happy with the progress and development is going well and steady.

For the last week I have been working on and testing several technical solutions for the gameplay on a new map, and I plan to have finished testing these mechanics and processing approach by the end of this week.

The main goal is to ensure a steady performance from several aspects. Rendering, CPU and memory consumption. Currently I am working on developing a solution that will allow for dynamic loading and unloading of the components and models. This mechanic will ensure that a minimum memory will be consumed during the free roam play.

In addition, the mechanic will ensure that no excessive physics processing will be done in run-time. This will significantly reduce the CPU and in some cases GPU processing requirement and increase performance.

As you can see from the new screenshots, the new free roam will have new locations for players to explore. These new locations will have event spawns, general loot and enemies. Most of the new locations will have buildings that players will be able to explore and loot, with detailed interiors.

This phase of the development requires extra effort and dedication on my end, and I will be aiming for releasing a new update with a playable new free roam part of the map as soon as all of the critical gameplay and technical mechanics are in place and ready for testing.

There are many already existing components involved in this process, such as camera configuration, visual effects, audio, etc. Additionally, while working on the new free roam I was able to fix several reported issues, the fixes will become a part of the next update that I will be announcing the release date for soon.

Thank you!
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

Oh Beautiful Combat Mission, How I Love Thee!

Started by Stardog765

Replies: 3
    Views: 4543
    Last post March 22, 2016, 08:18:08 PM
    by Asid
    Card generator & Computer App to select + ASL themed game

Started by gameleaper

Replies: 1
    Views: 3138
    Last post November 22, 2017, 03:33:37 PM
    by Asid
    ASL themed top trumps card game for PC windows XP Viista 7/8/10