Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: The Withering  (Read 26459 times)

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
The Withering
« on: July 31, 2016, 05:15:03 PM »

http://store.steampowered.com/app/427950

About This Game
"The Withering" is a modern world post apocalyptic survival horror simulator. The story puts players in a world where a terrible viral infection wiped 90% of the population, which in return triggered a series of catastrophic events laying devastation on already dying world.

The gameplay consists of two elements, a turn based management and a real time action survival simulation. During the management gameplay players take control of a survivors camp and manage it's population by assigning different tasks, building up camp defenses, constructing building, managing upgrades / production and diplomacy. Players will also have to make decisions at random encounters and events, making each gameplay experience different. Defend your camp in a turn based tactical combat simulation from hordes of infected or bandit raids. Craft and equip your survivors with different kits to help them on their missions, or form raiding parties to take resources from other camps by force.

Player are also able to create and manage custom characters, and are able at any time leave their camp to explore the dying world. Taking control of their characters in a third person action / simulator to scavenge resources, materials and equipment that can be brought back to their camp and used in production / upgrades and fortification tasks. Random in world events and loot drops and different enemy types will make each play through different. Develop custom characters stats to increase melee and firearms skills as well as character physical performance by spending experience points earned during the real time action gameplay and running successful missions in the management gameplay.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Re: The Withering
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2016, 05:16:18 PM »
Multiplayer Closed Beta registration: Continues

If you haven't yet registered for the closed Multiplayer beta you still have that chance! Just click on the link below and provide your basic contact information. The Withering team will be contacting you with the closed beta details.

REGISTER NOW https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1JADd3IT1fYMLrJdBccaVovo1Gl5OJjkQVT_8G8g4L-g/viewform

Players who will participate in the closed beta will receive a one time special in game rewards.

Thank you!
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2016, 02:44:44 PM »
Free Roam: Development update #1
26 JULY

Hello everybody,

I am super excited to let you know that the Free Roam development is going very well! These last few days were extremely productive, we have added several more locations to explore on the map and I am personally very happy with the internal testing results so far.

Before writing this I decided to do a little run around the map, to be exact just the main perimeter highway that circles it, started the stop watch on my phone and started sprinting.. By the time I have reached the point where I stared, the stop watch counter was 30:46.7 , It took me more than half an hour real life time just to run around the map on a main highway, without stopping at any location anytime. And I haven't gone in a middle of the map yet, just circled it.

One of the best things I have noticed, is that I never was "In the middle of nowhere" for more than a minute at a time. There was always something coming up on the horizon. Personally I like the concept of huge maps, but I don't really enjoy walking / running simulators. So I think we have nailed it in that aspect. The map is a very decent size, and you don't have to run for 15 minutes just to reach a site you want to scavenge or explore.

And this is just a quarter of the Utah state that we are planning to implement into the game for players to explore. And yes, then we will do the rest of the states..

I will be making a short video showing you a little bit of the gameplay on the new map and how the interface in the camp will change for deploying to real time action gameplay, sometime this week. As soon as I will get a chance to record it.

Thank you all for your support and feedback, you keep us inspired!

Free Roam: Development update #2
31 JULY   - CROCHAN

Hello everybody!

It's me again and I'm here to give you another quick update on the free roam development progress.

First I would like to let you know that we are making good progress and plan to have a free roam map available with our next update. It will not have all of the features implemented but players will be able to explore the map and visit all of the locations.

I know that I have promised to record a gameplay video and I fully intend to do that, we are getting so very close to releasing our new player controller that I wanted to include it in the video. I also promised to show you how the new deployment interface would look like:

The new "MAP" button on bottom right will open the North America region map from which players will be able to choose the place to travel.

Once the location is selected, players will be given some basic information of what is available. Such as number of towns and cities, missions, controlling faction, etc..

The blank tab on the left will hold player character portraits to select and the left tab will display a list of points of interest, like City of Woodsfield for example.

The new free roam map will feature new gameplay elements such as random encounters, where players will meet other survivors or engage in combat with bandits for resources and maybe save someone's life.

There will be two more missions accessible from the map, the Waterfront Liberation mission will have players fight for control of the clean water supply in the area. And the Factory Assault mission will put players into a thrilling challenge of taking back the old factory and it's resources from the bandits.

I will be posting new updates as soon as possible, showing the new map and it's features in action!

Thank you!
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Stardog765

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2016, 03:54:30 PM »
I really like this game and hope they succeed in what they want to do.  Would be a fun game to play MP i think.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2016, 03:36:13 PM »
Worth the Wait
12 AUGUST   - CROCHAN

Hello everybody!

I know it's been a little quiet during the last week and I just wanted to let you all know where we stand.

We have thrown all of our efforts on a free roam gameplay development and I am happy to let you know that it will become available with our next update scheduled for next week!

As I mentioned before, not all of the features that I discussed in my previous announcement will be available, but you will be able to explore the map in full and visit all of the locations on it. We will then start implementing the rest of the features gradually on a weekly basis as usual.

The rest of the sites will still be available to visit too!

Thank you.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/427950/announcements/detail/979917048791829021
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2016, 12:28:00 AM »
Update 1.0.31.2
22 AUGUST   - CROCHAN

Update 1.0.31.2 is now live!

In this update we are introducing the new Free Roam gameplay element as well as the new camp interface which will allow players to easily travel to existing sites and the new Free Roam map.

Utah State east
The new Utah State east Free Roam section featured in this update is available for exploration in full. The section is still a work in progress and that means that players might encounter some raw areas (flat landscapes for examples). However, most of the locations planned are already present on the section, with several more to be added in upcoming updates.

Currently there is no "Map" available and we plan to implement it in our next update along with additional navigation features such as highway signs and dynamic region names as it is present on St.Claire site. To help players navigate the new Free Roam section we recommend to stick to the main highway as it circles an entire section and is linked to all of the locations.

The section is yet to undergo optimization both performance and memory consumption wise. We plan to have most of the optimization implemented with our next update as well as adding additional options to the menu which will allow players more control over the terrain details and balance the performance vs quality even more.

This new gameplay element opens a doorway to a lot of new features that we want to add, including vehicles and faction missions. These features will be gradually added on a weekly basis updated.

Our lead programmer Oleksii Myrgulskyi and his team is currently working on a new feature that will allow us to dynamically manipulate the sections of the game world. This complex system will lay a foundation for the seamless open world section transition, allowing us to create much larger sections without consuming additional resources or causing an impact on performance.

New Interface
The new deployment interface has been implemented.

It is accessible from the Main Camp interface and it allows players to travel to all of the existing sites and the new Free Roam section.

Additional Information
This is the first major update we are releasing since the beginning of the Early Access and your feedback is very important to us. Please keep in mind that all of the features introduced are still being developed, and will be improved with upcoming updates. Players are strongly encouraged to report any issues or problems.

I am opening a new pinned discussion thread on the forum dedicated to the Free Roam gameplay. Please post your comments and finding there.

Thank you!
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Stardog765

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2016, 01:14:38 AM »
Free roam update brahs!

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline budd

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2016, 03:51:23 AM »
Wish listed, don't know how i missed this one has most of the elements i like.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2016, 12:52:51 PM »
Wish listed, don't know how i missed this one has most of the elements i like.
We have a "bargains section" also Bud. http://dogsofwarvu.com/forum/index.php/topic,31.0.html

I will try and remind you when I see it on sale again  :)
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2016, 01:51:03 AM »
Free Roam: Development update # 3
30 AUGUST   - CROCHAN

Hello everybody, it's been another very busy week for us here and I would like to share a few very important things with you! In this announcement I will be talking about the Free Roam gameplay updates coming our way as well as a short term road map regarding the new features.

Free Roam overview

First I would like to thank you all for your feedback! You have been a great help and because of this active community we can now identify and improve the gameplay experience.

I would like to start with my personal observation and experience with the new Free Roam gameplay. During the last week I was heavily involved in breaking down the gameplay and reviewing the feedback from the community. And personally, I felt that the gameplay was lacking in several aspects. The free roam section map did not capture the feeling of the open space and was heavy on the machine resource consumption. The overall experience playing the free roam map did not deliver what we were aiming for and it was something I was not comfortable with!

We put our heads together, and worked even harder on improving both of these aspects of the gameplay and I am very happy to announce that we have made great progress!

The screenshots below will show you the newly developed Free Roam Utah State section:

We were able to create a map that captures the essence of the open world gameplay. Vast planes, mountains and forests now cover the land that is four times larger than the previously introduced section.

These new developments allowed us to invest even more details into the living world of the game. Each location (node) that is spread across a huge terrain will have additional sub nodes that will be governed by the location state.

The sub nodes will be randomly spawned in the area governed by the primary location (like the farm in the screenshots) and those sub nodes can vary between scavenging sites, bandit or survivor camps, resource drops, random events, missions and more..

Many more screens: Click Here
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2016, 01:50:58 PM »
Patch 10.0.32.9
Community Announcements - CrochaN

Patch 10.0.32.9 is now live

Hello everybody, it's been a crazy week! We have resolved most of the issues that we encountered post Game Engine update and are still dealing with a couple left in the aftermath. However, I come with good news! We are planning to release the new Free Roam update that I was talking about in my previous announcement, next week. I will be posting a detailed update on what will be coming with it closer to the release.

In this update we are addressing most of the issues that were reported by the community.
Patch notes:

Fixed: Music volume resets when starting a real time action gameplay
Fixed: Several item stats would reroll when camp inventory is loaded
Fixed: Items are lost when trying to store an equipped backpack
Fixed: Bandits shots getting blocked by other bandits
Fixed: Infected sometimes do not deal damage to bandits
Fixed: Enemies would spawn beside player
Fixed: Synchronization between roster and map interface

Please report back to us if you are still experiencing the issues above.

Thank you.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2016, 11:17:05 PM »
New Free Roam gameplay
17 SEPTEMBER   - CROCHAN

Hello everybody!

I am happy to share the new gameplay video trailer of the new Free Roam that is coming in our next update!

WATCH THE VIDEO

Please share your thoughts and all feedback with us!

Thank you.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2016, 05:19:27 PM »
Expanding Horizons
22 SEPTEMBER   - CROCHAN

Hello everybody,

First I would like to thank you all for your support and involvement in the project. Since the very first day of the Early Access release our community have been helping us in this enormous effort, and I am very happy to see how far we've come, and what we were able to achieve with our small team.

Even though only a fraction of the planned features and content have been developed there has been tremendous early access success and support from the community. We are an independent studio and have been privately funded so far which has helped us develop the game with the vision.

This is just the beginning and to complete the vision and accelerate the completion of the full release we need your support once again. We would really love to have The Withering continue to be community driven and build on the success that our mutual passion has created. The more support we receive the more independent we can stay and continue to listen to the community for more great ideas that keep you plugged into the development roadmap.

We are launching a crowd funding campaign on Kickstarter, with a goal of raising funds to expand our team and accelerate the development of all of the new features that I was mentioning in my announcements.

SUPPORT US ON KICKSTARTER
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1299886418/the-withering-survival-horror-strategy-rpg?ref=user_menu

Staying loyal to the community and the vision of the game is our number one priority, and your support is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Crochan.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2016, 02:54:33 PM »
Update 1.0.33.2
Community Announcements - CrochaN
Update 1.0.33.2 is now live!

This is a technical update for the game infrastructure that will allow for the new changes, it is designed to upgrade the technical side of the game's foundation in preparation for support of our upcoming Multiplayer and Free Roam update.

The majority of the components being updated to support server / client functionality and are transparent to the gameplay.

Thank you.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2016, 07:06:36 PM »
New Camp Management Gameplay - Development Update #1
10 October - CrochaN   
Overview

Hello everybody,

As I have mentioned before in my previous announcement and comments here on the community HUB, we are working on a brand new Camp Management gameplay functionality. The new gameplay will allow players to take control of the leader and visit the camp.

In this announcement I will be talking about some of the features that will be presented with this new gameplay, functionality that will become available shortly with our upcoming update, and the final vision of the camp management as we want it to be down the road.

Most of the heavy lifting is already behind us as we have expanded our Environment Manager system responsible for day / night cycle, visual and audio effects (and weather control in a near future), to operate in the turn based camp management gameplay. Below you can see the screen taken directly from the game engine editor as we are reconstructing the camp. There is not much to see, since the majority of work were done in code, but I still wanted to share these with you, so we all can be on the same page.

Upcoming features

In the next update players will be able to visit and explore the camp, all of the currently implemented features will be available in the new gameplay, with a possible exception of the defense gameplay elements as these will still need to undergo major restructuring.

The new camp will reflect all of the buildings, upgrades and survivor models. Which means that players will be able to see everything developed in the camp from sandbags defensive upgrades to the main radio tower building and all of it's levels.

Players will be able to gain access to the camp interface by interacting with NPCs and objects in the camp, advance phases and travel to Free Roam and Sites. As well as all of the other camp management functionality currently available.

Long term features and expansion

I would like to mention a few of the features and major changes that we are going to implement down the road in regards to the camp management gameplay. We are going to expand the building management system to increase the maximum levels of all buildings, add new buildings to the mix, such as Garage for example, where players will be able to manage their vehicles, upgrade and customize them.

The crafting system will be drastically changed, with much more recipes for both weapons and equipment as well as combining items together, for example combining several different medicine items will result in a medkit, and combining several of those with additional materials will result in medicine resources, and so on. Some of the crafting will become available during the real time action gameplay as well.

The camp population system will undergo major refinement, survivors will have their own personality traits and skills, and players will be able to assign lieutenants to oversee some of the tasks in the camp, for example an engineer can be assigned to the workshop and provide additional bonuses to production, etc..

The defense gameplay will be redesigned so players can fight to protect their camp in real time action combat.

Overall camp design will be changed, we want the camp to grow larger than 12 survivors, and as players will upgrade their camp it will look more and more like a small community town, with makeshift shelters and cargo container repurposed for homes.

It is a little bit early to dive in more details, but I will be posting additional updates as the development progresses!

Thank you!
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

Oh Beautiful Combat Mission, How I Love Thee!

Started by Stardog765

Replies: 3
    Views: 4548
    Last post March 22, 2016, 08:18:08 PM
    by Asid
    Card generator & Computer App to select + ASL themed game

Started by gameleaper

Replies: 1
    Views: 3139
    Last post November 22, 2017, 03:33:37 PM
    by Asid
    ASL themed top trumps card game for PC windows XP Viista 7/8/10