Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: 2GM Tactics Review  (Read 4105 times)

Offline AWNT

• AWargamersNeedfulThings
2GM Tactics Review
« on: August 02, 2016, 06:05:53 PM »
2GM TACTICS

from Draco Ideas

First of all what's with the title 2GM TACTICS?  Well, if you saw WWII TACTICS, you wouldn't be asking the question and that's exactly what the title of this game means.  Instead of our English adherence to the good old-fashioned Roman numerals II, Spanish uses 2 and Guerra Mundial [World War or technically War World].  If this were French, it would be La Deuxieme Guerre Mondiale.  However, that leads me to my main problem, namely that this is in some ways an anticipatory review, as 2GM TACTICS is currently only available in its original 2015 Spanish edition.  So, my comments will be based on the latter's physical components and the current English translation of only the basic rules.

Though the company have said that the latter will be improved for the final published edition, I've got to say that language-wise there is very little to fault either grammatically or idiomatically.  In fact, I've read plenty of professional rule books, where English is the native language  that are far less accurate in spelling and punctuation!  Oh, those dreaded apostrophes! [And I'm not just talking about the fact that Brits and Americans don't always see eye to eye on spelling the same word.]

When I received the package from the delivery service, my initial reaction was what a heavy weight for such a comparatively small parcel.

To read the rest of the review: Click Here
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 06:19:04 PM by Admin »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

Beetle Uprising : complex genetics simulation + real-time tactics

Started by Asid

Replies: 8