Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: The magic called: Spintires  (Read 4170 times)

Offline Don_prince

• Member.
  • A J
The magic called: Spintires
« on: June 27, 2016, 11:48:39 PM »
Spintires

So what is the deal with Spintires? I can not explain, but, I will try.

Spintires is an offroad simulator based on the basic direct X engine with custom mechanics and dynamics sideloaded. Together with that is an easy mod maker that makes it easy to build your own truck into the game or make your own map. As of now we have not found a way to convert existing maps to work with Spintires and/or the Spintires Editor.

So what can you do in the game? Well few things, drive around, more driving around and well, drive around...

So what is the difference with driving around and driving around and why not try gta or maffia 2 (most realistic driving mechanics in a game)? Well, I can not answer that question, you have to experience that.

The beautifull part of the game is that you can drive around pointlessly in the game to wherevery you want, or follow objectives. You can uncloak the map by driving to uncloaking points, find or make your own roads through the forrest mud or whatever, get as stuck as possible and try to get out. You can collect wood and bring it to the deliver point. With mods you can even go further and deliver other stuff. I even had games where we were just racing each other to the other side of the map.

The beauty of the game is that it is extreamly versatile within the boundrys of what is possible in the game. Also the multiplayer makes it way more fun, especialy 3-4 individuals.

So what do you get with the game... 7 maps and a few vehicles. Thats not much, though with mods you have unlimmited amount of vehicles and maps. All those maps can be used for multiplayer but it is a bit of a hassle.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/263280/

From steam:
Spintires™ is an Intel® award winning off-road driving experience designed to challenge the player's driving skill and endurance.

Take responsibility of operating large all-terrain Soviet vehicles and venture across the rugged landscapes with only a map and compass to guide you. Explore the levels and unlock portions of the map whilst discovering new trucks, fuelling stations, garages and lumber mills.

Collect lumber with the crane attachments and try to deliver them to the objectives. Try not to damage your vehicle or consume all of the fuel, prior to completing the objectives. Use the surroundings to your advantage, you may need to winch yourself free!

The real-time deformable terrain will challenge even the most seasoned offroader. Do you accept the challenge?

So all this talk and you are still not convinced? Let me take you to the next level:

Are you one of those people with a Thrustmaster or Logitech shifter? (you will need the clutch pedal aswell) This will bring your game to the next level, cursing at your stupidity, quickshifting, this is a complete workout. Next to that the steering wheels accompanied to those shifters have force feedback. This means that if you put your feedback on max and you hit a rock on the road, you will loze your hands due to the steering wheel slipping as in real life would happen. Going onto a slope? Getting in a corner? The feedback your wheel gives you will blow you away.

Now, I realise my bit here is a bit focused on the good things. Just ask around there is a lot to say that is bad about the game. The drama between the devs and the company, the funky camera (you can deal with it),  etc, etc. The game is definedly not everybodys cup of tea, but I am just all good words about it.

Now I can make you a deal, I know a few guys that already have the game and aquired seccond keys via bundles. I can get my hands on them real cheap, I think as low as $2 but I have to check and the price will change depending on the person I deal with. As we say in holland: dont be happy with a dead sparrow (there is a possibility all are already given away or sold). If you are intrested for that deal shoot me a PM. This deal is LIMMITED to DOW members only and will cost me some time. So well? I guess for that money if you get 5 hours of enjoyment its worth it, and I guaranty you, it will be hundreds. I guess I have to save you guys later out of the mud...

(post will be updated with pic's tomorrow and a reply with videos will be posted)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 06:42:41 PM by Don_prince »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Online Asid

• HAVOC
Re: The magic called: Spintires
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2016, 12:56:13 PM »
Thats kind of you Don :)
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Don_prince

• Member.
  • A J
Re: The magic called: Spintires
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2016, 07:01:09 PM »
Spintires mods:
http://spintires.nl/

Random videos:

TRAINZZ and a beautifull mod:
[/color]

Crane mod:

Buggy mods and races can be fun: (language warning)

« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 07:24:10 PM by Don_prince »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

Spintires Mods

Started by Longknife

Replies: 1
    Views: 3016
    Last post November 09, 2016, 01:59:59 PM
    by Don_prince
    Oh Beautiful Combat Mission, How I Love Thee!

Started by Stardog765

Replies: 3
    Views: 4591
    Last post March 22, 2016, 08:18:08 PM
    by Asid
    RUMOUR COD 2017 will be called ‘Call of Duty: WWII’

Started by Asid

Replies: 0
    Views: 2713
    Last post March 27, 2017, 01:35:48 PM
    by Asid
    Card generator & Computer App to select + ASL themed game