Translations for our friends around the world.

New URL: www.Schwerpunkt.Games

Click image to go to main site  www.Schwerpunkt.Games

Author Topic: WWII-Europe v108  (Read 35610 times)

Offline schwerpt

• Schwerpunkt Games Developer
    • Schwerpunkt
Re: WWII-Europe v108
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2016, 02:09:36 AM »
Thank you for your comments.  I have put them on the list, and am working on them.

For the Combat Move, the game does highlight all units, but only the top unit will be selected and moved as a Combat Move.  This is as expected. I have fixing the display on my fix list, but it is a low priority since the game works. It comes from the code that selects all defenders.  The game highlights all units in the hex because it initially thinks you are attacking them. Once you choose Combat Move op, the game knows to elect only the top unit in the stack.

For the CO ops in reports, this is also as expected.  Some players use the reports as a learning tool, so I have to include them.  Since you are playing against the AI, just don't look at the reports for the AI!

Still working ont he other comments.  Keep them coming!

Thanks,
Ron

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Franciscus

« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2016, 06:59:06 PM »
Many thanks for the reply, Ron.  :)

Here's more questions/commentaries:

- rebuilding destroyed units works ! (I remember in the past it did not)

- the interface for chosing the location of entry of the rebuilt unit could be improved. We can select historic or HQ, but if the HQ unit was also destroyed, we can manually input an hex coordinate. Another very useful option, would be having a list of currently owned cities (or just scenario cities - this list is already available in game in the right-click operation "City selection"). In this way we could select an owned city for the rebuilt unit to appear - more intuitive and easy than having to scan for the correct coordinates

- do the available replacement points change during the game ? In my current test of WDF scenario as Axis, I am certain I started with 2 Mech replacement points. I lost all my tank units  ;D - I rebuilt the Babini brigade (cost: 2 Mech points), and it appeared next turn as expected. But then I checked and I got more two Mech replacement points, so next turn I rebuilt another italian group. Is this WAD ?

Regards
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Franciscus

« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2016, 12:12:27 AM »
Hi again  :)

In my ongoing WDF test, the AI has destroyed both my freighter flotillas, so I am now starving in Africa  ;D

Just a minor note for a possible improvement:

In the hex outside Tobruk port (254x337), my italian destroyers (with a DF 3, but having suffered previously 2 combat losses that I neglected to replace...) were attacked by HMS Warspite and an english destroyer flotilla. According to the combat report, odds were 2:1 and the die roll was 3. Also according to the report, I got Losses=1 and mission aborted. No "sunk" result.

But of course they were sunk, because they lost their remaining DF point.

Should not a "sunk" result have appeared, as it showed in the report about my poor freighters, bombed to pieces by a Blenheilm squadron ?

(PS as consolation HMS Warspite was also sunk in this round  :D)

Best regards and congratulations for a much improved AI  8)
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Ronster

« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2016, 05:22:10 AM »
I also agree that the system for rebuilding dead units be improved.  I am playing the 1941 Eastern Front scenario and when I put on the window that list the dead units and also the window for rebuilding units, I cannot see the map nor even scroll because both windows will disappear.  There needs to be someway to rebuild dead units that is easier.

Ron
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Franciscus

« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2016, 12:20:22 AM »
Hi Ron,just tried Western Desert Force as the Allies  with 1.08.First turn played ok,but at start of the second turn after the Axis planning and executing air/naval ops and Axis turn deploy executed boxes the Axis naval/landing ops required box comes up,pressing yes just cycles thru the report boxes again.Pressing no continues turn 2 with the Axis in supply,but on turn 3 they are out of supply even though the AI has freighters on naval supply ops at Bengasi and Sirte. regards kemmo.

Hi

I confirm this bug. If AI is playing Axis, this message about the AI needing to perform supply operations keeps showing up on second turn, but hitting yes does not do anything. To reproduce it you just need to start the scenario and go to second turn.

This bug does not seem to occcur in all other North Africa scenarios, though. In the big 1940-1943 scenario the bug is there also, from turn 2. But in Cyrenaica, until turn 4 at least, no bug, Axis AI keeps doing supply operations and the message does not appear.
Had no time to test other NA scenarios.

It seems as the AI has no supply operation script, or instead is not configured as AI, but as needing human input ?

Regards

Hi Ron

I made a quick check of all North Africa scenarios (9-25), regarding the CO bug in making naval supply deployments. Playing absolutely passive, just hitting next phase. Please note that tests were done up until turn 2, so I am not sure if further on the bug may appear in scenarios that seem ok in the first two turns...

- scenario 9: bug (Axis AI does not perform supply deployments on turn 2)
- scenarios 10, 11: OK
- scenario 12: supply ops not used
- scenario 13: bug (Axis AI does not perform supply deployments on turn 2)
- scenarios 14, 15: OK
- scenarios 16, 17: OK (Axis and Allies)
- scenario 18: Axis bug (Axis does not perform supply deployments on turn 2); Allies AI perform supply deployments, though.
- scenarios 19, 20, 21, 22: OK (Axis and Allies)
- scenario 23 Allied bug (Allies do not perform supply deployments on turn 2); Axis AI perform supply deployments
- scenario 24: OK
- scenario 25: Axis AI performs supply deployments; but according to scenario notes not needed ? (probably scenario notes wrong

Regards
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 05:03:01 PM by Franciscus »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Agent Smith

• ex-wargamer.com -schwerpunkt fanboy
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2016, 01:18:51 AM »
Hi Ron,
any chance of a status update?
The site seems to have gone a little dormant.
regards
A.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline schwerpt

• Schwerpunkt
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2016, 03:18:18 AM »
Hello,

I have been quiet, but busy on your comments.
1. Start of 2nd turn, message for Axis AI to perform supply ops.  Found and fixed.  Bug was in storm weather code.
2. Click on HQ, OOB window, Left click on unit not on map.  Game centers screen where unit will enter.  Found an fixed. Game now checks to see if unit selected is on map.

Looked at keeping command panel displayed when map is scrolling, but this is a big code change.  The Game writes the cmd panel in memory, so scrolling will just move the panel with the map.  Game has to then display the panel in the right spot for further commands.

For Combat Move, the Game has to highlight all units since it does not know if you are attacking on Combat Moving.  Once Combat Moves is selected, then the Game highlights only the top unit.

Good comments on Gibraltor.  Should I change the scenario so that Axis units start in proximity to Gibraltor instead of having to move across Spain?

Continuing to build West Front scenarios.

Hope everyone is doing well, and had a great Labor Day weekend.
Ron

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline schwerpt

• Schwerpunkt
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2016, 03:23:14 AM »
@ Franciscus

I looked at allowing players to input hex xy coordinates for unit entry, but there were so many gamey "cheats" that could be done.  Units could be entered behind enemy lines!

Replacement points do change during the game.  There is a table for each scenario that specifies the number of mech and non mech points per turn per country.  Table will be released after all scenarios have been built.

Ron
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline schwerpt

• Schwerpunkt
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2016, 03:26:06 AM »
@ Franciscus

The display of sunk is only done when the CRT calls for that result.  However, I like your idea, and will add display of sunk if a unit is sunk due to DF going to zero.

Ron
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Kutnezov

« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2016, 12:18:04 AM »
Hi Ron,

Any news regarding the patch or new scenarios?

Thanks in advance.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Hafer

« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2016, 12:53:13 PM »
Hi Ron,

Any news regarding the patch or new scenarios?

Thanks in advance.

Good question. And a few scenarios aren't out yet.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline schwerpt

• Schwerpunkt
« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2016, 04:16:45 AM »
I realize I have been very quiet for a while, but let me assure you I am continuing to work on v1.0.8.  I am also putting together a list of all comments received that have not been addressed.  I want to get full community feedback before I start on v1.0.9.

One item that I want to address on v1.0.8.  Since the game is taking much longer to finish due to a delayed retirement, how would everyone feel about me releasing the text files for the scenario that have been built?  The game already has the scenario builder in it, you just need the format of the text files.  I'll do this if everyone promises to send me the proposed changes to the text files.  I do not want to compete with game owners, but I do want to offer the best scenarios as part of the game, not have to go elsewhere to find them.  On AGW, I was never able to access the scenarios built by others!!  Let me know how you see this one.

Thanks for your patience,
Ron
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Schwerpunkt Valencia

« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2016, 08:16:53 AM »
Hi Ron,

I would be happy if you release the text files. Needless to say I would post you all the suggested changes, enhancements, etc with an explanation on the reasons why. We fully understand you are quite busy but game development could go faster with the help of us -it is up to you-

That also reminds me I produced some upgraded and optional scenarios on AGW but I never shared them. If you want I can forward them to all of you.

Cheers

Schwerpunkt Valencia
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline blond_knight

« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2016, 12:19:09 PM »
Ron that sounds like a great idea.  Maybe with the understanding that any completed projects or major tweaks would be given to you for inclusion in the next update?
We may need some documentation if the format has changed significantly.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 02:02:31 PM by blond_knight »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2016, 12:49:09 PM »

That also reminds me I produced some upgraded and optional scenarios on AGW but I never shared them. If you want I can forward them to all of you.

We can get the files hosted here. Let me know.

Regards
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Tags: