Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: Empire in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815  (Read 26718 times)

Offline pzgndr

• Empires in Arms Development Team
Re: Empire in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815
« Reply #45 on: September 24, 2019, 01:10:41 AM »
Empires in Arms v1.23.00 Beta Now Available!

Please see https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4692101 for details. Besides numerous bug fixes, there are two important updates:
1. The 1812 Grand Campaign is included for both classic EIA and alternate EIH versions.
2. Comprehensive changes made to fix loaned corps/fleet issues.
This has taken me longer to wrap up than I planned on, but so be it. I think it has been worth the wait. I did also post some comments about the 1812 scenario, and some issues that need to be resolved to make it playable in the computer version.  Enjoy!
« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 01:26:48 AM by pzgndr »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #46 on: September 24, 2019, 01:18:27 AM »
Thanks for the heads up and all your hard work  :thumbsup
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline pzgndr

« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2019, 12:53:48 AM »
NEW: State of the Game and Future Plans as of September 2019

This week the v1.23.00 Beta was released for playtesting. This took longer than I wanted since the last official v1.22.02 update in April 2018, but I think it successfully resolves the 1812 scenarios and issues with loaned units. The 1812 scenarios are playable; however, I've noted two major issues with the loaned Austrian/Prussian corps and with the setup situation in Spain. I would greatly appreciate feedback on these two issues over the next couple of months before going final with another official update. Two major areas of effort that I wanted included in this next update were improvements to AI allied operations and enhancement of the surrender code to allow additional separate peace options. I will continue to work on these over the next couple of months, as well as a few other issues.

Since 2016 when I took on code development, progress has been steady. The old Mantis bug list had over 150 items, now up to about 174 with additional items added over the past couple of years. The v1.21.04 update in March 2017 resolved or closed out 39 items (22%), including significant AI enhancements and separate campaigns for classic Empires in Arms and alternate Empires in Harm. The v1.22.02 update in April 2018 resolved or closed out 48 items (27%), mostly bug fixes, AI improvements, game enhancements, and resolving PBEM issues. Several PBEM games were in progress, although not without occasional hiccups with an odd bug that swaps human players for AI at inopportune times, so there is still definitely interest in playing the game. This v1.23.00 beta resolves or closes out 38 items (22%), leaving about 49 items open. Most of these remaining items are either not reproducible and need to be closed, or fall into the "too hard" box and not likely to ever get resolved (e.g., Mantis #91 to add TCP/IP play).

So. If I can knock out the AI improvements and surrender code, plus maybe a dozen other items and make some acceptable compromise adjustments to the 1812 scenarios, that would be the ideal goal for the next official update. Please try the v1.23.00 Beta (players can make a separate install and still maintain v1.22.02) and provide feedback. Thanks. Enjoy!
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #48 on: October 11, 2019, 05:08:40 PM »
v1.23.00 Beta, Update Issue
10/11/19

Hello all. I am aware of a few bugs with the v1.23.00 beta: 1) the pbem admin button not showing, 2) unloading units from ships not working, and 3) problems with placing depots during setup. I am working on fixes and should have an update available this coming weekend. The good news is that the installer seems fine and some pbem games are progressing. The problems are code related so an updated EXE will be easy to download and install.

Bill
Empires in Arms Development Team

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline pzgndr

« Reply #49 on: October 13, 2019, 02:35:37 PM »
Just posted the v1.23.01 Beta update at https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4700802

Attached is an update to the v1.23.00 beta that fixes a few bugs and adds a couple of new features I had already started on. Plus an update to the release notes for v1.23.00 regarding Bernadotte that did not get included.

Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars - 1.23.01
=============================================
- PBEM Admin button not working in 1.23.00 - resolved.
- Unloading unit from fleet not working in 1.23.00 - resolved.
- Placing friendly supply source depots not working in 1.23.00 - resolved.
- Change "Allow Separate Peace" to "Deny Separate Peace" to make separate peace standard unless checked to deny it - resolved.
- Add France and Austria have a royal marriage (peace condition B.5) to setup for 1812 Grand Campaign - resolved.

Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars - 1.23.00
- Add Bernadotte as Swedish leader - resolved (see new rule 13.8.9).

I did also try to add checks in pbem games to verify player types (human or AI) when setting next player, but kept getting various errors during my pbem playtest games (e.g., a Portugal diplomacy turn being generated??). The pbem code is VERY finicky, as seen before with the persistent lend money bug that finally got resolved.

PLEASE update to v1.23.00 Beta first and then install the v1.23.01 Beta EXE file into the game directory to replace the v1.23.00 EXE. Very easy. IMPORTANT NOTE: "Allow Separate Peace" is changed to "Deny Separate Peace", so for games in progress players should recheck their settings.

I will proceed to work on some AI improvements and other enhancements. Surrender tweaks for "offer conditional" are on hold unless I hear players really want a change, but I am inclined to close out these Mantis issues. Lastly, the 1812 campaign setups "work" but have issues that we as a community need to discuss and resolve. Please see my other post and provide your ideas. Thanks!
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #50 on: October 14, 2019, 03:26:26 PM »
Thank you for your continued work on this pzgndr.

I look forward to trying this update.

Regards
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline pzgndr

« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2019, 01:44:49 AM »
Just posted another update v1.23.02 Beta at https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4715966

Attached is another update to the v1.23.00 beta that fixes a few more bugs. Plus an update to the release notes for v1.23.00 that did not get included.

Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars - 1.23.02
- Rebuild code file changes from v1.22.02 through v1.23.01 beta - resolved.
- Supply path not working more than 1 area from depot - resolved.
- Simultaneous diplomacy freezes (Waiting For MP Turns) with last player (Spain) - resolved.
- View Fleets On Anti-Piracy Missions screen not displaying - resolved.

- Change "Allow Separate Peace" to "Deny Separate Peace" to make separate peace standard unless checked to deny it - resolved.
- Add France and Austria have a royal marriage (peace condition B.5) to setup for 1812 Grand Campaign - resolved.

- Allow loaned units to use home nation depots and allied units to use allied depots, where controlling player pays supply costs - resolved.

This was very challenging to find and fix (I think) the new problems with supply and pbem sim dip. I was concerned that the build may have been corrupted somehow, so I rebuilt the v1.23 changes to the last official version. If nothing else, I have a more solid build for debugging.

As before with the v1.23.01 update, PLEASE update to v1.23.00 Beta first and then install the v1.23.02 Beta EXE file into the game directory to replace the v1.23.00 EXE. Very easy. IMPORTANT NOTE: "Allow Separate Peace" is changed to "Deny Separate Peace", so for games in progress players should recheck their settings.

I will continue to work on some AI improvements and other enhancements. Surrender tweaks for "offer conditional" are on hold unless I hear players really want a change, but I am inclined to close out these Mantis issues. Lastly, the 1812 campaign setups "work" but have issues that we as a community need to discuss and resolve. Please see my other post and provide your ideas. Better setups for France, Russia, and Spain would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2019, 03:01:27 AM »
Thank you pzgndr for your continued efforts. They are appreciated.

Regards.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline pzgndr

« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2020, 04:16:15 PM »
Finally, some good news to report. v1.23.05 Beta is now posted at Matrix Games. See https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4784513 This has been a challenging update to get right, but we are getting there. Full change log so far:

Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars - 1.23.05
- Garrisons and corps under siege incorrectly allowed to manually forage normally - resolved.
- Leader picture link to in-game help file not working correctly - resolved.
- Defender pursuit losses more than available troops not working correctly - resolved.
- Forage messages not consistent and could be improved - resolved.
- Placing depots not working correctly - resolved.
- Restrict AI unit losses unless necessary if leader assigned - resolved.
- Siege battles causing human pbem players to be swapped with AI - resolved.
- Minor corps not able to move in enemy nation - resolved.
- AI attacker-human defender trivial combat not working correctly - resolved.
- AI naval improvements - resolved.
- Minor corps involved in some combats not working correctly - resolved.
- AI land improvements, strategic retreats and advancements - resolved.

Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars - 1.23.04
- AI-AI land combat not always working and locking up game - resolved.
- Prisoners box brings up a system error, but only when there are prisoners - resolved.
- Guards factors not always lost by AI even when no other factors are available to lose - resolved.
- AI Victory Points in 1812 scenario not showing correct - resolved.
- Swedish light fleet counter not correct - resolved (database data files updated).
- AI-AI trivial combat not working correctly - resolved.
- Swedish leader Bernadotte 1811 availability not working correctly - resolved.

Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars - 1.23.03
- Spanish guerrilla attacks causing human pbem players to be swapped with AI - resolved.
- Simultaneous diplomacy freezes (Waiting For MP Turns) with last player (Spain) due to logic errors - resolved.
- Fleets forced to evacuate port not fighting naval blockade battle - resolved.

Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars - 1.23.02
- Rebuild code file changes from v1.22.02 through v1.23.01 beta - resolved.
- Supply path not working more than 1 area from depot - resolved.
- View Fleets On Anti-Piracy Missions screen not displaying - resolved.

- Economic Phase not working properly in 1812 Grand Campaign - resolved.

- 0000100: [UI Enhancement] Better info on Unit Report screen. Show current/max factors – resolved.
- 0000151: [Rules Deviation] Add end-of-game manpower to VP total – resolved, as end-of-game log message.
- 0000245: [UI Enhancement] Sort Unit Report and show depots – closed, leave as is.
- 0000262: [UI Bug] Message wrong when loading fleet – resolved.
- 0000404: [UI Enhancement] Add a horizontal line through the victory point chart – closed.
- 0000425: [UI Enhancement] Game Log Readability – closed, several previous updates have improved game log information.
- 0000511: [Game Enhancement] Allow selection of corps to remove as part condition B1/C1a by name rather than by province – resolved.
- 0000521: [Rules Deviation] Victory Rules not according to original game's intent and make coalitions much harder to maintain – resolved, manpower levels added as end-of-game log messages.
- 0000544: [Game Bug] Loaned Prussian (To Austria) Corps and Leader (Blucher) not usable - closed.
- 0000584: [Rules Deviation] Incorrect interpretation of rule 12.4, failure to leave after the 3-month peace treaty limited access - resolved.
- 0000598: [Game Enhancement] Add column to text report that lists the orders given to each unit and other standing order questions – resolved.
- 0000648: [UI Enhancement] Prisoner information – resolved.
- 0000652: [UI Enhancement] Show current manpower and revenue for other nations when the "show selected nation" button is used – resolved.
- 0000653: [UI Enhancement] Display Prussian saved manpower – resolved.
- 0000695: [Game Bug] Ottoman Corps (Only) cannot be loaned to Great Britain - closed.
- 0000712: [Game Bug] France and Turkey are at Peace but Kushanz Ali is captured by France - closed.
- 0000718: [Game Enhancement] Game should provide warning text box when corps are halted by insurrection corps placement – resolved, also added warnings to set insurrection areas and when insurrection corps ready.
- 0000722: [Game Bug] Feudal units created from non-Turkish countries using the editor have morale of 0 - closed.
- 0000749: [Game Enhancement] Add letter-number codes to list surrender conditions to make it easy to look up – resolved.
- 0000754: [Game Enhancement] VP totals for other powers hard to estimate – resolved.
- 0000765: [Game Enhancement] Naval pursuit arrows are hard to read, use signal flags from Nelson at Trafalgar "engage enemy more closely" instead – resolved, increased font size.
- 0000772: [Game Bug] Naval woes with loaned fleets and corps - resolved.
- 0000800: [UI Enhancement] Second page of buttons in reinforcement phase is not required – closed.
- 0000831: [UI Enhancement] Game Editor Nation Box – closed.
- 0000836: [Game Enhancement] Loaned Unit Behavior – resolved, comprehensive changes made related to loaned corps and fleets (see revised rule 7.6).
- 0000841: [PBEM Bug] Unexplained reclaimed units – closed.
- 0000842: [Game Bug] Fleets leaving blockade box after inconclusive land battle withdrawal – closed.
- 0000843: [Game Bug] Troops teleported home before end of temporary access, even though forced access selected as peace term – closed.
- 0000845: [Rules Deviation] Fleet Maintenance Cost – closed.
- 0000855: [Game Bug] Scenario Editor Later Campaign Issues – resolved.
- 0000856: [Game Bug] Corps being lent by other nations do not show up in Battle – resolved.
- 0000861: [Game Bug] Cossack unit loaned to Austria appears in Austrian army pool after combat loss – closed.
- 0000863: [UI Enhancement] User Preferences, set under Options on the intro screen, seem to attach to the save game files – closed, comments added to PBEM game setup instructions.
- 0000868: [Rules Deviation] Reparations surrender condition should be either single or double payment - resolved.
- Allow loaned units to use home nation depots and allied units to use allied depots, where controlling player pays supply costs - resolved.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2020, 11:29:46 PM »
Great news pzgndr

Thank you for your continued effort  :thumbsup

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline pzgndr

« Reply #55 on: April 18, 2020, 05:18:05 PM »
I posted a v1.23.05 Beta Hotfix this morning at Matrix, same link at https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4784513.

UPDATE 4/18/2020

After receiving reports of casualties not working in some cases (which is a major bug), I've been working with MapleLeaf and his intrepid pbem players to find and fix this bug and resolve a few other issues. The change log for v1.23.05 is updated with the following items:

- France and Great Britain not able to place corps and depots in Spain during setup phase of 1812 scenario - resolved.
- Battle casualties not being taken in some cases - resolved.
- Austrian Insurrection Corps ready to be placed message appearing during other player turns - resolved.
- Prisoners screen errors due to new leader ratings not working correctly - resolved and wgslabels.txt updated.

For the 1812 setup, France and Great Britain should comply with the scenario setup requirements. House Rules are in effect.

For the prisoners screen, I had a syntax error for printing the leader ratings. Once that was resolved the message length was too long with the additional (+2 PPs Gain For Release) message and a smaller font caused some display issues. So that additional message now appears as a popup when you hover over the Release Prisoners button, consistent with the other popups for the other buttons. Hence the update to the wgslabels.txt file included in the attached Hotfix zip. You should be able to extract the zip file contents into you EIA folder and the new file should go to \Data\programtext.

Alrighty, I trust this Hotfix update makes the v1.23.05 Beta playable. At least to the point of continuing PBEM games and starting some 1812 scenario games to generate feedback about the 1812 setup issues. I intend to review all of my notes for the v1.23.xx updates and settle on various back-burner issues to work on for v1.23.06 going into the home stretch for an official update. I'll add an update to the State of the Game later today or tomorrow.

Update Note: You do not need the earlier v1.23.05 Beta first; the Hotfix is a complete game EXE and the .txt file. So players can simply add the Hotfix. For new installations, make a clean install of the original game, update to the v1.23.00 Beta comprehensive patch, and then apply the v1.23.05 Beta Hotfix. (When I say clean install, please refer to previous guidance, as convoluted as it may be. Sorry.)

Attachment available at Matrix.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline pzgndr

« Reply #56 on: November 26, 2020, 01:21:26 PM »
The v1.23.07 beta is now available. This is a comprehensive update. We'll run it as a public beta until the new year and then make it an official update. Please check it out if you own a copy of the Matrix Games PC version and see what you think. It is much MUCH improved now in many ways!
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4916433&mpage=1&key=&#4916450
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #57 on: November 26, 2020, 02:51:06 PM »
Thank you for your continued hard work and dedication pzgndr  :notworthy
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline pzgndr

« Reply #58 on: May 06, 2021, 09:46:13 PM »
I posted a v1.23.08 Beta several weeks ago and a Hotfix #1 update yesterday. Information is at https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=5003509&mpage=1&key=&#5014990. v1.23.08 implements A LOT of AI improvements for strategic advances and retreats as well as strategic redeployment of forces. The computer opponent is much more challenging now. Not brilliant, but better. The Hotfix #1 resolves several issues with PBEM games where some DOWs weren't happening and some game phases were being incorrectly skipped. Also, there was a problem with Spain getting through the diplomacy phase, either as pbem host or pbem client or AI player; that is all working well now.

If any players want to try a faster small-group pbem game with say 2-4 players and see how it goes, I'd appreciate any feedback you have as I turn my attention to resolving several minor bug issues and making a few more minor AI improvements for Hotfix #2 going into a release version. I really would like the v1.23.08 release to be fully supportive for PBEM games and as bug-free as possible. Some things may have to wait until later, but that's how it goes.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
Members reacted informative:
Asid,
Members reacted Thanks:
Asid,

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #59 on: May 06, 2021, 11:49:28 PM »