Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: Empire in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815  (Read 26717 times)

Offline pzgndr

• Empires in Arms Development Team
Empire in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815
« on: June 13, 2016, 10:10:50 PM »
FYI, I have recently gotten into code development with Marshall Ellis to continue development of Empires in Arms.  There is more information and a new v1.21.01 hotfix posted over at the Matrix Games forum.  If anyone has played this computer game version of an outstanding grand strategy Napoleonic Wars board game, I encourage you to check out the latest update and stand by for more.  Thanks.

BTW, I'm new to DOW and just registered for Schwerpunkt's new home here.  Please check out WWII-Europe.  A v1.08 update is in development for this outstanding WWII operational-level wargame.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Re: Empire in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2016, 10:32:48 PM »
Welcome to Dogs of War pzgndr.

Great news about EIA. It is about time it received some love. Please keep us informed about the progress. We love details :)

WWIIE is a hidden gem. Hopefully we can let it shine. Do not forget Middle East War 1948 - 2010. Lots of goodness there also.

Again welcome :)

Regards
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2016, 05:44:13 PM »
Empire in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815

Attached is the v1.21.01 hotfix for the v1.20.04 public beta already available. Please maintain an official version of the original game updated to the latest v1.08.07 official comprehensive patch. Install a different beta version of the game updated to v1.08.07 and v1.20.04, and then copy the hotfix EXE into the beta version directory.

Download (2.6 MB): Click Here

Fix List

Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars - 1.21.01
=============================================

- 0000043: [PBEM Enhancement] Show money given from myself to other powers – resolved.
- 0000235: [UI Bug] City of Straslund in S.Pomerania should be named Stralsund – resolved in map.
- 0000246: [UI Bug] Pomerania (Pommerania) spelled wrongly – resolved in new data files.
- 0000272: [Game Bug] In multi-player (no AI) PBEM Log describes "Country X to Country Y Relations better, Nuisance Rating Cleared" – resolved.
- 0000513: [Game Bug] Turkish depots show they can hold militia – resolved in new data files.
- 0000720: [Rules Deviation] Poland forces should be 0-0 when Poland is first made a Free State – resolved in new data files.
- 0000722: [Game Bug] Feudal units created from non-Turkish countries using the editor have morale of 0 – resolved in new data files.
- 0000723: [Rules Deviation] Syrian Cavalry at start up should be 6 factors instead of 5 – resolved in new data files.
- 0000746: [Game Bug] Log message for Ottoman money transfer to Turkey missing $ sign – resolved.
- 0000767: [Game Bug] Depot and city garrison have incorrect leadership rating displayed – resolved in new data files.
- 0000781: [AI Bug] French corps at Paris chose withdraw (which should not have happened) – resolved.
- 0000810: [PBEM Bug] In-game editor does not allow removal of leaders - resolved.
- 0000814: [Rules Deviation] Unable to increase Austrian depots in game editor – resolved in new data files.
- 0000818: [AI Enhancement] AI Bonuses - resolved.
- 0000820: [AI Enhancement] AI DOWs on Minor Countries – resolved.
- 0000821: [AI Enhancement] AI Builds and Money for Supply – resolved.
- 0000824: [AI Enhancement] AI Ship Building – resolved.
- 0000827: [AI Enhancement] AI Builds for Free States – resolved.
- 0000837: [Rules Deviation] 1.8.07 rules on Guerrillas deviate from how they play in the game – closed.
- 0000846: [Game Bug] Lend money to Major Power - resolved.

- Adding new data files (.ged and .tpj) and setups for a Classic 1805 Campaign based on EiA v3.1 (eianw001) and for an Alternate 1805 Campaign based on EiH v4.0 (eianw002) – to be resolved.
- Adding new directory for backup files for old data files and setups (players should also backup any custom data files and setups from prior versions) – to be resolved.

Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars - 1.21.00

- Added ice display. When sea areas are iced over during winter, we are now filling the area in with a light gray shading. – resolved.
- Added land stack movement. This can be done by simply holding down the CTRL key AFTER selecting a unit in the stack then clicking the destination area while still holding the CTRL key. – resolved.
- Added home nation shading on large map. This shading is a cross hatch pattern which gives a little more darkness to it. – resolved.
- Fixed Victory screen alignment issues with larger screens. - resolved.
- Fixed memory issue that could cause stack movement to not work in certain situations. - resolved.
- Fixed issue that was locking cursor into move mode with a unit counter outline. - resolved.
- Fixed issue with AI surrender calculations. It was improperly evaluating forces on map versus enemy forces when trying to decide to sue for peace. Bottom line is that the AI will probably surrender a little earlier to save their forces. – resolved.

Version 1.20.04 (03/01/14) Public Beta

Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars - 1.20.04

- Updated several images – resolved.
- Updated documentation – resolved.
- Added space filler panel in bottom right of screen which simply fills in all unused space on larger screens. Also shows flag of current nation. – resolved.

Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars - 1.20.00

- 0000180: [UI Enhancement] Show more map in higher screen resolution (marshall) - resolved.

Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars - 1.10.00

- 0000848: [Game Bug] Can't Initiate Naval Combat when trying to lift a blockade (from outside) (marshall) - resolved.
- 0000851: [Game Enhancement] Need to port to newer compiler. (marshall) - resolved.

Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars - 1.09.00

- 0000799: [Game Bug] Blockade intercepts following different rules to open sea intercepts (marshall) - resolved.
- 0000778: [Rules Deviation] Trivial battles preventing reinforcement attempts (marshall) - resolved.
- 0000615: [Game Enhancement] Editor adding new leaders? (marshall) - resolved.
- 0000552: [Game Bug] Garrison Limit Reached and existing Garrisons deleted/demobbed to "Pool" (marshall) - resolved.
- 0000760: [Game Bug] AI Taking ALL cav losses on break for that round (marshall) - resolved.
- 0000662: [AI Bug] AI too generous giving away minors (marshall) - resolved.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline pzgndr

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2016, 02:05:08 AM »
Cool, thanks for reposting this information here!

I am continuing to work on a v1.21.02 update for a public beta package.  Hopefully I can wrap that up in July for an August release, and then an official Matrix Games release by end of summer.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2016, 01:42:06 PM »
Cool, thanks for reposting this information here!
No problem.

We enjoy many different war/strat/sims here. Keep us informed of your progress.

Regards
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline pzgndr

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2016, 08:19:29 PM »
I have posted a new v1.21.02 hotfix EXE at Matrix Games forum.  My plan is to wrap up a package for a new public beta installation by end of July, and then proceed to an official release by end of September.  After that, I'll start on a new version with more improvements.  Slowly but surely I am working off issues from the bug list.

Fix List

Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars - 1.21.02
- 0000173: [Rules Deviation] Creating the Conf of the Rhine is wrong PP calculated- resolved.
- 0000531: [Game Enhancement] Cannot remove a depot with a depot garrison on it - closed.
- 0000636: [Game Bug] Game does not award defender of siege battle +1 PP if the attacker does not win - closed.
- 0000660: [Minor UI Bugs/Enhancements] Change color of the box in the top left corner of a besieging force to black (same as   blockading fleet) - resolved.
- 0000736: [Minor Rules Deviation] Artillery casualties not being applied before battle die rolls - resolved.
- 0000740: [Rules Deviation] Winter movement option not working as it should - resolved.   
- 0000766: [Game Bug] Combat die roll modifiers can be shown to be +2 - resolved.
- 0000828: [AI Enhancement] AI never fights a second day of combat - resolved.
- 0000830: [AI Enhancement] AI never commits guard - resolved.
- 0000840: [Rules Deviation] Update manual to note that while morale is shown to 100th decimal, it is rounded to the 10th decimal - closed.
- 0000852: [Rules Deviation] Confederation of the Rhine PPs   - resolved.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2016, 11:35:48 PM »
Thanks for posting this pzgndr

Keep up the good work :)
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2016, 10:20:44 PM »
hotfix for the hotfix, same version 1.21.02 for now.

As discussed, the default resolution is now 1366x768 and the combat screen is shifted higher to fit better on smaller screens. Shipbuilding and minor country builds appear to be working ok.

Again, I'd very much appreciate some feedback from players who try this on the v1.20.04 public beta. There are still a great many unresolved issues from before, but at least for the ones I think I have resolved it would be nice to hear from players confirm that they work and we're on the right track as we move towards a new public beta release. Thank you.

Download (2.6MB): Click Here
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline pzgndr

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2016, 06:35:47 PM »
The saga continues.  Today I posted a v1.21.03 hotfix at Matrix Games that finally seems to resolve the AI builds and reinforcements issues, for both Major Power and minors and for land and naval factors.  New land corps units are being added but I still cannot seem to get the new fleet units to be placed.  It's been a long couple of months getting all this sorted out and working well.  Anyways, it is now up and players are welcomed to try it out and provide comments.  Enjoy the new wide-screen EIA game and somewhat more challenging computer opponent(s).

Next task this week is to prepare the public beta package for Matrix Games and get that moving.  Hopefully we'll get that out in October before the holiday release rush kicks in.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2016, 06:46:43 PM »
The saga continues.  Today I posted a v1.21.03 hotfix at Matrix Games that finally seems to resolve the AI builds and
Great news. This is appreciated by all of the EIA owners.

Keep up the good work
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline pzgndr

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2016, 02:46:48 PM »
I did get the files uploaded yesterday to Matrix Games for the v1.21.03 public beta.  So this should get released in the next couple weeks or so.  Please stand by!
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline pzgndr

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2016, 03:26:57 PM »
A long-overdue update.  Matrix is close to posting the v1.21.03 public beta update.  Assuming all goes well, we should have an official release in early 2017.  And then we can talk about moving forward with v1.22.   :)
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2016, 10:11:36 PM »
This is the problem I have seen many times with Matrix. You need a "slot" for your release. If you miss it then you are pushed back further. I know an installer has to get made and tested etc. Still it can be annoying when you are a war-gamer that "needs" the patch...You know how it is....

Good luck with the implementation. I look forward to more updates.

Regards
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2016, 02:59:11 PM »
New Public Beta Available v1.21.03

Greetings All,

We have a new version of Empire in Arms for you to try out. It fixes some bugs, and includes some AI enhancements. It is available in the Members Club.

Please give it a try and let us know how it works for you.

UI Enhancement
•   Added home nation shading on large map. This shading is a cross hatch pattern which gives a little more darkness to it.
•   Added ice display. When sea areas are iced over during winter, we are now filling the area in with a light gray shading.
•   Pomerania (Pommerania) spelled wrongly resolved.
•   City of Straslund in S.Pomerania should be named Stralsund resolved.
•   Change color of the box in the top left corner of a besieging force to black (same as blockading fleet) resolved.

Game Bug
•   Fixed issue with AI surrender calculations. It was improperly evaluating forces on map versus enemy forces when trying to decide to sue for peace. Bottom line is that the AI will probably surrender a little earlier to save their forces.
•   Fixed issue that was locking cursor into move mode with a unit counter outline.
•   Fixed memory issue that could cause stack movement to not work in certain situations.
•   Fixed Victory screen alignment issues with larger screens
•   Resolved some access violation errors introduced with v1.21.02 code development that necessitated a new version build.
•   Fixed issue regarding lending money to Major Power
•   In-game editor does not allow removal of leaders resolved
•   Depot and city garrison have incorrect leadership rating displayed resolved.
•   Feudal units created from non-Turkish countries using the editor have morale of 0 resolved.
•   In multi-player (no AI) PBEM Log describes "Country X to Country Y Relations better, Nuisance Rating Cleared" resolved.
•   Show money given from myself to other powers resolved.
•   Game does not award defender of siege battle +1 PP if the attacker does not win resolved.
•   Combat die roll modifiers can be shown to be +2 resolved.
•   Resolved some access violation errors introduced with v1.21.02 code development that necessitated a new version build.

Game Enhancement
•   Added land stack movement. This can be done by simply holding down the CTRL key AFTER selecting a unit in the stack then clicking the destination area while still holding the CTRL key.
•   Cannot remove a depot with a depot garrison on it resolved.
•   Added new directory for backup files for old data files and setups (players should also backup any custom data files and setups from prior versions).
•   Added new data files (.ged and .tpj) and setups for a Classic 1805 Campaign based on EiA v3.1 (eianw001) and for an Alternate 1805 Campaign based on EiH v4.0 (eianw002).
•   Resolved a screen resolution issue for displaying combat results on smaller (laptop) screens.

AI Enhancement
•   AI Bonuses.
•   AI DOWs on Minor Countries.
•   AI Builds and Money for Supply.
•   AI Ship Building – resolved.
•   French corps at Paris chose withdraw (which should not have happened) resolved.
•   AI never fights a second day of combat resolved.
•   AI never commits guard resolved.
•   Resolved several issues with AI builds, reinforcements and placing new corps units.

Rules Deviation
•   1.8.07 rules on Guerillas deviate from how they play in the game
•   Unable to increase Austrian depots in game editor
•   Syrian Cavalry at start up should be 6 factors instead of 5 resolved.
•   Creating the Conf of the Rhine is wrong PP calculated resolved.
•   Artillery casualties not being applied before battle die rolls resolved.
•   Winter movement option not working as it should resolved.
•   Update manual to note that while morale is shown to 100th decimal, it is rounded to the 10th decimal resolved.
•   Confederation of the Rhine PPs resolved.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline pzgndr

« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2016, 03:57:01 PM »
Yes, this was finally posted!!  It's been 4 long years since the last official update and so many players have given up and moved on.  Hopefully folks will give this outstanding game yet another look and have their optimism restored.  It is still not perfect but noticeably improved.  Enjoy!
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

Aztec Empire - City Sim Inspired by Impressions games

Started by Asid

Replies: 0
    Views: 2162
    Last post November 11, 2019, 12:10:22 AM