Translations for our friends around the world.

Click on banner for Tornado website

Click.gif 

Author Topic: Tornado Youtuber wannabe - a JP-233 attack on an Iraqi airstrip with commentary.  (Read 4261 times)

Offline Frankie

• From Dogs of War to Pipes Of Peace
    • Frankie's Moodurian
So what's the deal? I used my ALARMS to blast my way through to the Iraqi airstrip and survived the JP-233 attack unscathed, but somehow I forgot how to land the plane. Guess I failed Instrument landing system (ILS) 101 class. Shucks, *shrug*.

An example of how not to land a multi-million pound plane, no doubt. Grounded for life. Software used: OBS Studio 64-bit, DOSBox, Digital Integration's Tornado Version 1.0e and QiPress free version.

« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 03:47:34 PM by Frankie »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

After the Dogs of War are let slip, let us smoke the Pipes Of Peace.

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Nice Frankie.

Keep it going :)
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Frankie

• From Dogs of War to Pipes Of Peace
    • Frankie's Moodurian
Hi Y'all

Want to know how to make cool instructive Youtuber-like videos? Now you can with this 101 tutorial primer. So, make a mug of coffeee, grab a chair, sit down and observe the Teacher demonstrate how. All it takes is 5 minutes and you will be a pro at this. I guarantee it.

Here's how I recorded the JP-233 attack video in the style of a Youtuber. This video shows you how I did it. I combined Open Broadcaster Software, QiPress Free and DOSBox to record the game session. I recorded the video with Camtasia Screen Recorder and edited it with Camtasia Studio. Camtasia is recording OBS doing a recording of DOSBox. Total geek-synergy. But it is silent. There is NO audio, so don't bother adjusting your speaker volume. It is silent so that you can hear yourself think. Haha! Here it is.

Best played in full and clear 720bps HD mode.

The BEST part of the video, IMHO, is the use of QiPress Free for Windows to display REAL-TIME keypresses. Very useful for instructional type videos. Note that for Apple or Mac users, your best bet is to Keycastr, a free and open source software for the Mac. There are 2 other alternatives to QiPress for the Mac, but they are both commercial software. Perhaps they have trial versions.
http://alternativeto.net/software/visualize/ and http://alternativeto.net/software/screenflick/

After you have learnt it and applied my technique, you can call yourself a true Jedi Knight. Obi Wan would be proud of you. All I ask is that you invest 5 minutes of your precious time to learn my method. Then endless possibilities will await you, O' true warrior of the Order of the Jedi Knights. If you find a way to refine or improve my method, then please share with me your improved method. I am still learning. And one day when you are famous as a Youtube gamer Youtuber, please...all I humbly ask of you....is that you......remember me.

regards and may the Force be witcha.
Frankie Kam
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 12:02:04 PM by Frankie »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

After the Dogs of War are let slip, let us smoke the Pipes Of Peace.

Tags:

"Using the Joystick in DOSBox to play Tornado" questions

Started by Frankie

Replies: 1
    Views: 4593
    Last post September 30, 2016, 04:58:26 PM
    by Tom N
    How British Tornados Used A Special Weapon To Ravage Saddam’s Airfields

Started by Frankie

Replies: 0
    Views: 2229
    Last post March 27, 2021, 04:33:39 PM
    by Frankie
    Desperately seeking GEnie Tornado debrief posts of the 1990s

Started by Frankie

Replies: 0
    Views: 2279
    Last post December 06, 2019, 07:01:25 AM
    by Frankie
    TacView and Tornado telemetry data

Started by Frankie

Replies: 5
    Views: 5801
    Last post July 12, 2016, 03:14:46 AM
    by Frankie
    Tornado on Twitch.tv - Valentine's Day 14/2/2022, 10pm-12midnight (UTC+8)

Started by Frankie

Replies: 5
    Views: 3413
    Last post February 16, 2022, 04:00:00 PM
    by General Sandman