Translations for our friends around the world.

VBS

052214_wargames_trainer_640

Author Topic: Emerald Warrior: JTACs clear the way  (Read 2475 times)

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Emerald Warrior: JTACs clear the way
« on: May 16, 2016, 06:20:48 PM »
Emerald Warrior: JTACs clear the way

Cpl. Justin Updegraff
Capt. Alex Albrecht, a pilot with HMH-461 views the live feed from an Unmanned Aerial Vehicle during Emerald Warrior aboard Camp Lejeune, N.C., May 9, 2015. Simulation centers from Charleston Air Force Base, S.C., Eglin AFB, F.L., Cannon AFB, N.M. and Distributed Training Operations Center, I.A. all took part in Emerald Warrior providing various support assets vital to the Joint Terminal Attack Controllers mission of bringing the air element to the ground element. (U.S. Marine Corps photo by Cpl. Justin T. Updegraff/ Released)

MARINE CORPS BASE CAMP LEJEUNE, N.C. -- U.S. Marines with 2nd Air Naval Gunfire Liaison Company and II Marine Expeditionary Force G7 conduct a joint simulated-exercise, Emerald Warrior, aboard Camp Lejeune, North Carolina, May 3-12, 2016.

During Emerald Warrior, the Marines conducted numerous missions using Virtual Battlespace 3, a tactical trainer and mission rehearsal software, while receiving support from a Joint Terminal Attack Controllers as well as simulated MQ9 Reapers, AC-130 Gunships, CV-22 Ospreys and F-15Es.

“A JTAC’s job is to incorporate the air side of the house with the ground side of the house”, said Capt. Brian Heeter, an MV-22 Osprey pilot with VMM-261. “I take the ground commanders intent for a target and utilize what air assets are available to me, then I deconflict the air space and use any in-direct fire and other aircraft to put ordnance on targets.”

Simulation centers from Charleston Air Force Base, S.C., Eglin AFB, F.L., Cannon AFB, N.M. and Distributed Training Operations Center, I.A. all took part in Emerald Warrior providing various support assets vital to the JTACs mission of bringing the air element to the ground element.

“Since the simulation utilizes networks we’re able to, in a distributed manner, provide this service throughout the whole United States and even overseas”, said Maj. Craig Smith, a modeling and simulation officer with II MEF G7.

Emerald Warrior is an annual exercise designed to provide realistic pre-deployment readiness combat training as well as allow Marines to complete their Training and Readiness manual training.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 06:26:38 PM by Asid »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Tags:

Operation Blended Warrior simulation

Started by Asid

Replies: 0