Translations for our friends around the world.

Poll

What if we would participate to Rolling Thunder 16 instead of regular DOW mission

Yes
No

Author Topic: Rolling Thunder 16 - Event - Please read topic then vote  (Read 4327 times)

Offline Lumituisku

• HAVOC
  • Howl with the pack
Rolling Thunder 16 - Event - Please read topic then vote
« on: May 08, 2016, 04:38:39 PM »

I have seen some member's from Dogs of war VU have shown some interest towards Rolling Thunder 16
So Yesterday before Dow mission I asked:

What would people think if we "Dogs of war" would instead of DOW mission participate on Rolling Thunder 16 event as VU.

I was advised to make a poll that we would see what members think and rise up discussion of this question of my.
Also. This would likely eventually become true if clear majority of those who play DOW missions will agree, and if no major negative questions are brought up.

In case if majority support this idea, then we will discus about it more. :)

What is Rolling Thunder 16

Gibson on Steelbeast.com

Overview

For those unfamiliar / recent arrivals. "Rolling Thunder" is an annual event which comprises of three or four missions played back to back in one sitting with a common theme. To date it has alternated between a European theme and an Australian one.

You do not need to attend all the missions.

You can attend the first and then say the 3rd. You need to be aware though that mission start timings tend to be flexible (post briefings, people dropping, etc.) so if you can stay for the duration you wont turn up halfway through a mission or whatever.

We have selected 1800 GMT on a Saturday as the least worse time for most people. Europeans can play into Saturday night, we start at 0400 (get up at approx 0200, setup, etc.) and play into Sunday.

To an extent it complements PzBtl 911's "Long Night of Tanks" as they have a similar approach and are offset through the year.

The downside of June is that we tend to coincide with the SB upgrade cycle. :) Currently the missions are built in 3.028 and we are planning on using 3.028 (since everyone has that, we know the graphic limitations, we have the server executable, etc.). If 4.x comes out say 2 weeks prior to the event we may consider migrating to 4.x but it depends on take up rate, possible performance issues, etc.

More information of that event here http://www.steelbeasts.com/topic/10380-rolling-thunder-16-update/
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pain is the nature of life. it is the recognition that I'm nothing more. - Mark Rowland's

Offline Cougar11

• HAVOC
Re: Rolling Thunder 16 - Event - Please read topic then vote
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2016, 05:54:02 PM »
To add to lumi. We are looking for your thoughts on participating in some of these large events, and other VU events. If they are on the same day, that if there is enough support for it, that missions like this would replace the normal DOW mission for that day.

The event should not be an esims directed/sanctioned event, due to our core values as a group, and that we do not believe we should compromise on them by attending esims events as a VU.

I personally think it is a good idea to open up or group to different experiences, and to take part in something at a larger level. Maybe one day or group will be that larger level all on its own.

Please give us your thoughts on your interest, concerns, questions, and your ideas with this.

Thank you.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 05:56:01 PM by Cougar11 »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Cupcake

• HAVOC
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2016, 10:58:04 PM »
As long as this doesn't interfere with our Team Iron campaign mission, then I was planning to attend this Rolling Thunder series.  I like these kinds of missions every now and then (especially when I'm in a position to be able to attend them). I had a lot of fun at the last Long Night of Tanks that I was able to attend. I am pretty sure that Gibson is fine with a VU playing together, as long as it doesn't leave the rest of the units in the mission under-staffed.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline assassin7

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2016, 02:59:30 AM »
I will be attending and have no issues with it.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
This member is banned!

Offline Renders

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2016, 07:33:45 PM »
i'm in work permitting
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Lumituisku

• HAVOC
  • Howl with the pack
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2016, 03:16:14 PM »
Edited poll. You can now remove / edit your votes.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pain is the nature of life. it is the recognition that I'm nothing more. - Mark Rowland's

Offline Colebrook

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2016, 12:31:47 AM »
Voted
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

D.O.W. Sunday Mission 19/02/17 @ GMT19:00 - Thunderstruck