Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: D.O.W. Saturday Mission 31/01/15  (Read 9525 times)

Offline Lumituisku

• HAVOC
  • Howl with the pack
Re: D.O.W. Saturday Mission 31/01/15
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2015, 03:13:25 PM »

Nice video clip. Heh, it's interesting to see what I did from other perspective. There clearly was more enemies at sight from the beginning. I guess I had some tunnel vision there. Fortunately Assasin guided me to target. I remember clearly how I wondered if it was dead already, and that I checked it with daylight before I started to look around. Apparently would not be bad idea to zoom out after shooting to see wider area for a moment. :)
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pain is the nature of life. it is the recognition that I'm nothing more. - Mark Rowland's

Offline Rhyfel

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2015, 05:29:50 PM »
I really enjoyed the mission yesterday.  I thought Beef was an excellent wingman and section leader, especially with our maneuvering through the breach to occupy hasty BPs on OBJ Manning.  Beef engaged an enemy company and stopped them in there tracks!
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2015, 11:47:12 PM »

Nice video clip. Heh, it's interesting to see what I did from other perspective. There clearly was more enemies at sight from the beginning. I guess I had some tunnel vision there. Fortunately Assasin guided me to target. I remember clearly how I wondered if it was dead already, and that I checked it with daylight before I started to look around. Apparently would not be bad idea to zoom out after shooting to see wider area for a moment. :)

When you multi-crew you do have tunnel vision as a driver or gunner. Thats when communication between TC and other inter-vehicle positions is crucial.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Lumituisku

• HAVOC
  • Howl with the pack
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2015, 09:00:15 PM »
When you multi-crew you do have tunnel vision as a driver or gunner. Thats when communication between TC and other inter-vehicle positions is crucial.

Indeed. Video above is good example of that. :)  Also, it is good that Commander looks out field with wider vision for treats that might come from behind too, and that he knows what is happening on field. As gunner I have to say that I have my hands full keeping my eyes on area that I have to scan, and even then I do not spot everything. As example, Assassin spotted incoming BMP before me. It was just matters of seconds but that usually can make the difference. 
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pain is the nature of life. it is the recognition that I'm nothing more. - Mark Rowland's

Offline RedWardancer

• HAVOC
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2015, 12:40:54 PM »
I put a lot into the planning as it should be and it payed off.  Blue side lost two vehicles and a handful of damaged AFVs.  I don't count losses to infantry all that much as it is tough to keep track of but the engineers took it to the gut from enemy dismounts inside the CO battle position.  My track loss didn't help as I was behind by thirty minutes but I made up for it by calling over fifty fire missions!!!  Started with fifteen airstrikes, finished with two remaining...heheh. 

But we practically obliterated the opposition.  They were left with about three scattered infantry teams when it was over.  Now THAT is how you fight wars:  kill them all and lose as little of your own as possible.  Naturally against other VU teams, the ratio is far more even but I'll take this.  I am happy to know that in prior attempts in this specific mission, the VU players lost and lost big.  If I can only have similar success in TGIF...
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Lumituisku

• HAVOC
  • Howl with the pack
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2015, 09:54:48 PM »

You CO:d there really well Red ;D   

All in all that mission was great experience. :)
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

D.O.W. Steel Beasts Sunday Mission 07/05/17 @ GMT19:00

Started by Rinix

Replies: 33
    Views: 12055
    Last post May 08, 2017, 08:01:55 PM
    by Lusik
    D.O.W. Steel Beasts Sunday Mission 05/08/18 @ GMT19:00

Started by Rinix

Replies: 5
    Views: 3085
    Last post August 06, 2018, 05:08:15 PM