Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: Useful Software  (Read 10072 times)

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Useful Software
« on: March 31, 2016, 05:26:58 PM »
Collection of useful software to keep your pc healthy or assist in making it run smoother

To add to this list please pm me with a link and why you think the software should be listed.

Note:
Some of these installers may ask you to install a free browser or software. Just uncheck the box. Just install the basic software unless you want the extra stuff.

•   Display Driver Uninstaller (Free)
Display Driver Uninstaller is a driver removal utility that can help you completely uninstall AMD/NVIDIA graphics card drivers and packages from your system, without leaving leftovers behind (including registry keys, folders and files, driver store).

Download: Click Here

•   Malwarebytes Anti-malware (Free)
Crush malware attacks automatically and instantly.

•   Ccleaner PC Optimization (Free)

•   7-Zip is File archiver with a high compression ratio. (Free)
Similar to winzip, Winrar, Unrar, etc

•   Avast Anti-Virus (Free)
Anti-Virus software. Has great features like a "game mode" which minimises the impact of the virus checker on the game. Also you can disable the software for any amount of time you choose.

•   VLC media player  (Free)
VLC is a free and open source cross-platform multimedia player and framework that plays most multimedia files as well as DVDs, Audio CDs, VCDs, and various streaming protocols.

•   WinDirStat  (Free)
WinDirStat is a free, open-source disk usage analyzer and cleanup software for Microsoft Windows.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 02:11:50 PM by Asid »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Re: Useful Software
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2016, 05:31:19 PM »
Display Driver Uninstaller

Download Display Driver Uninstaller DDU  - Display Driver Uninstaller is a driver removal utility that can help you completely uninstall AMD/NVIDIA graphics card drivers and packages from your system, without leaving leftovers behind (including registry keys, folders and files, driver store).

The AMD/NVIDIA video drivers can normally be uninstalled from the Windows Control panel, this driver uninstaller program was designed to be used in cases where the standard driver uninstall fails, or anyway when you need to thoroughly delete NVIDIA and ATI video card drivers. This software is backed by Guru3D.com The current effect after you use this driver removal tool will be similar as if its the first time you install a new driver just like a fresh, clean install of Windows. As with any tool of this kind, we recommend creating a new system restore point before using it, so that you can revert your system at any time if you run into problems.

If you have problem installing older driver or newer one, give it a try as there are some reports that it fix thoses problems. DDU is an application that is programmed by Ghislain Harvey aka Wagnard in our forums, Guru3D.com is the official download partner for this handy application.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2016, 05:40:06 PM »
Malwarebytes Anti-malware

Cleans infections

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware's industry-leading anti-malware and anti-spyware scanner detects and removes malware like worms, Trojans, rogues, spyware, bots, and more. Anti-rootkit technology drills down and removes deeply embedded rootkits, one of the most dangerous forms of malware.

If you've got malware on your computer, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will destroy it. Restoring your computer to its former glory.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2016, 05:46:36 PM »
Ccleaner PC Optimization

Award-winning PC Optimization
Trusted by millions and critically acclaimed, there’s a reason why CCleaner is the world’s favorite PC optimization tool! Easy to use, one click cleaning so beginners can optimize their computers in seconds. Plus, it's packed with advanced features for power users.

Faster Computer
Is your computer running slow? As it gets older it collects unused files and settings which take up hard drive space making it slower and slower. CCleaner cleans up these files and makes it faster instantly.

Safer Browsing
Advertisers and websites track your behavior online with cookies that stay on your computer. CCleaner erases your browser search history and cookies so any internet browsing you do stays confidential and your identity remains anonymous.

Fewer Errors & Crashes
Over time your registry can become cluttered with errors and broken settings which lead to crashes. CCleaner’s patented registry cleaner clears out this clutter to make your PC more stable.

Quicker Startup
Many programs run silently in the background when you start up your computer. CCleaner helps you get to work, or play faster by letting you disable unneeded programs.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2016, 05:53:53 PM »
7-Zip

File archiver with a high compression ratio. [/b][/color] (Free)
Similar to winzip, Winrar, Unrar, etc

The main features of 7-Zip
•   High compression ratio in 7z format with LZMA and LZMA2 compression
•   Supported formats:
o   Packing / unpacking: 7z, XZ, BZIP2, GZIP, TAR, ZIP and WIM
o   Unpacking only: AR, ARJ, CAB, CHM, CPIO, CramFS, DMG, EXT, FAT, GPT, HFS, IHEX, ISO, LZH, LZMA, MBR, MSI, NSIS, NTFS, QCOW2, RAR, RPM, SquashFS, UDF, UEFI, VDI, VHD, VMDK, WIM, XAR and Z.
•   For ZIP and GZIP formats, 7-Zip provides a compression ratio that is 2-10 % better than the ratio provided by PKZip and WinZip
•   Strong AES-256 encryption in 7z and ZIP formats
•   Self-extracting capability for 7z format
•   Integration with Windows Shell
•   Powerful File Manager
•   Powerful command line version
•   Plugin for FAR Manager
•   Localizations for 87 languages

7-Zip works in Windows 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP / 2012 / 2008 / 2003 / 2000 / NT. There is a port of the command line version to Linux/Unix.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2016, 06:03:07 PM »
Avast Anti-Virus

Anti-Virus software. Has great features like a "game mode" which minimises the impact of the virus checker on the game. Also you can disable the software for any amount of time you choose.

Regular free updates.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2016, 06:15:51 PM »
OBS: Open Broadcaster Software

Software for live streaming and recording

Open Broadcaster Software is free and open source software for video recording and live streaming. Supported features include:
•   Encoding using H264 (x264) and AAC.
•   Support for Intel Quick Sync Video (QSV) and NVENC.
•   Unlimited number of scenes and sources.
•   Live RTMP streaming to Twitch, YouTube, DailyMotion, Hitbox and more.
•   File output to MP4 or FLV.
•   GPU-based game capture for high performance game streaming.
•   DirectShow capture device support (webcams, capture cards, etc).
•   Windows 8 high speed monitor capture support.
•   Bilinear or lanczos3 resampling.

Guide: Click Here

« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 06:32:06 PM by Asid »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2016, 06:31:30 PM »
VLC media player

VLC is a free and open source cross-platform multimedia player and framework that plays most multimedia files as well as DVDs, Audio CDs, VCDs, and various streaming protocols.

Simple, fast and powerful

•   Plays everything - Files, Discs, Webcams, Devices and Streams.
•   Plays most codecs with no codec packs needed - MPEG-2, MPEG-4, H.264, MKV, WebM, WMV, MP3...
•   Runs on all platforms - Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, Unix, iOS, Android ...
•   Completely Free - no spyware, no ads and no user tracking

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2016, 02:15:35 PM »
WinDirStat

Description

WinDirStat is a free, open-source disk usage analyzer and cleanup software for Microsoft Windows. Mac OS X users should use Disk Inventory X or GrandPerspective alternatives. Linux users should try KDirStat or others such as Baobab (a component module of gnome-utils package). The program can scan local partitions or entire hard disk drive, presenting the results under a colorful graphical image for used space. It is also a cleanup tool as it allows you to delete files that take much space. The advantage of using this tool is that you can identify files that took the most space and you can also delete them directly from main program interface.

WinDirStat Review

To be honest, I believe that WinDirStat is so easy to use that it can compete with time needed to read this review. If you use Microsoft Windows you probably know how to check how much space you have on your computer. You go to "My Computer" and you check each partition. Right-after you have to identify which files takes so much space. I have found myself frustrated as I was losing time trying to find the large files, especially when I had hundreds of folders. This application is a true time-saver and a great utility. The program has fewer than 1 MB and the entire setup procedure takes less than 10 seconds. After setup ends you can choose to "Run WinDirStat" which will ask you what partitions you want to analyze.

It took him exactly 1-minute and 27 seconds to scan my laptop that has a 200 GB hard drive. The main interface is easy to use. You have the menu tabs found at any other program. Right under, you have a subtree view with PC partitions and near on the right-side you have the files extension arranged by size and colors.

The last part is a combination of colors that represent each file's size. If you click on a color, it will take you to physical location from your partition hard drive. Then, if you perform a right-click with your mouse you can delete them or choose another action. You can even configure WinDirStat from Options tab (section) in several ways: choose between full row selection (default), show grid, stripes or change the language.

From "Directory List" you can change the subtree percentage colors. "Tree map" allows you to choose a different style between KDirStat (default) or SequoiaView, change colors, brightness, cushion shading, height or scale factor. "Cleanups" allow you to define one or more cleanup using different settings.

Finally "Report" area allows you to customize the reports created by this program. WinDirStat is one of the oldest disk analyzer for Windows, it is free, intuitive and regarded by many as a priceless piece of software. If you like it, please consider a donation to the developers.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

AVG - going from Anti Virus software towards Spyware.

Started by Asid

Replies: 0
    Views: 2754
    Last post September 18, 2015, 05:32:07 PM
    by Asid
    MilSim Asia: Stacks of simulation software in Singapore

Started by Asid

Replies: 0
    Views: 3318
    Last post January 23, 2016, 11:03:48 PM
    by Asid