Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: Desperate Glory by HPS  (Read 5173 times)

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Desperate Glory by HPS
« on: March 26, 2016, 06:41:04 PM »

LAST STAND AT THE LITTLE BIGHORN

Official page: Click Here

HPS: Click Here

'There are not enough Indians in the world to defeat the Seventh Cavalry.' -George Armstrong Custer

'All we wanted was peace and to be left alone... then Long Hair came.' -Crazy Horse

With the temperature hovering near 100 degrees, the thin blue line of cavalry troopers moved in a northwesterly direction. Just off a forced night march, they were weary, but the sense of imminent battle ignited a combination of fear and excitement that so often accompanies men into combat. Led by the golden haired 'Boy General', the man who never sounded a retreat, their victory was certain.

Not far away in the dusty Sioux-Cheyenne village, the largest in Indian history, things moved more slowly. Up to two thousand warriors had gathered there, also confident. Their tribal elder, Chief Sitting Bull, had told them that victory would be theirs. And, like the cavalry approaching, they were also led by a charismatic and undefeated warrior, the enigmatic Tasunka Witko, or Crazy Horse. Today would be their day. Today would be a day for revenge and redepmtion.

The sun passed its zenith in the sky as the afternoon came on, the breeze blowing through the tall greasy grass. And riding on that wind, was Destiny.

It was a hot day.

It was a good day to die.

Details
Desperate Glory is an abstracted company level tactical combat game covering the Battle of the Little Bighorn. It pits Custer's divided 7th Cavalry against the largest gathering of Sioux-Cheyenne Warriors in history. Each map 'hex' represents about 20 yards and each turn represents about 5 minutes of real time.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 07:38:05 PM by Asid »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Re: Desperate Glory by HPS
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2016, 07:36:42 PM »
Demo

Download (28.2MB): Click Here

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 03:36:40 PM »
Desperate Glory 1.10 Update Released

Version 1.10 adds a variable Sioux-Cheyenne morale breaking point and fixes an exception encountered on some Windows 8 PCs. Thanks to Las Vegas Anthony for the ‘Head’s Up’ and helping to solve the issue.

If you’ve purchased the game directly from digital Gameworks, simply download the latest version and re-install it.

[Desperate Glory V1.10]  http://digitalgameworks.com/downloads/desperate_glory_v110_setup.exe

For those who’ve purchased the game on disc or via HPS Simulations, please download the patch file and and extract it to your Desperate Glory install directory or check with HPS for an update.

[Desperate Glory V1.10 Update] http://digitalgameworks.com/downloads/desperate_glory_v110_update.zip
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Selva

• -= Hk =-
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2018, 11:32:30 AM »
Good but i own two HPS games (TU and POA) and they are far.... I mean, REALLY REAAAALLLY FAR from being well polished.

I can't recommend or see this game with good eyes considering HPS's reputation and game quality.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Archtung Panzer!

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2018, 02:35:32 PM »
Desperate glory is only published by HPS. It is also a specific battle so very small in its scope. TU and POA2 are huge in their scope and extremely complex. I understand your point though.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2018, 01:50:24 AM »
Desperate Glory v1.25 Update
09/02/18

Version 1.25 adds many historical US Cavalry and Sioux-Cheyenne unit images, tweaks the Sioux-Cheyenne Readiness rate, and adjusts several sound files.

Special thanks go to ‘Saint Patrick 33’ for researching and finding the historical images.
Thanks so much… ‘Play each game like its your last!’ 😉

If you’ve purchased the game directly from digital Gameworks, just download the latest version and re-install it.

[Download Desperate Glory v1.25]
http://digitalgameworks.com/downloads/desperate_glory_v125_setup.exe

If you’ve purchased the game via HPS Simulations, check the HPS site for an update or download and extract the V1.25 Patch to your Desperate Glory install directory.

[Download Desperate Glory v1.25 Patch]
http://digitalgameworks.com/downloads/desperate_glory_v125_patch.zip
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

Field of Glory II - Legions Triumphant DLC Coming Out March 8th: By JC

Started by Asid