Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: Manning Lists  (Read 5506 times)

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Manning Lists
« on: January 21, 2015, 01:53:05 AM »
Should the DOW use manning lists? At least for missions that we know of in advance (one day it will happen :D ) . That way the members can choose a vehicle and "familiarise" themselves with it beforehand if it is something they have not operated before.

Also it would allow players to volunteer to be CO especially if they have some time with the mission beforehand.

I think it is a good idea.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Lumituisku

• HAVOC
  • Howl with the pack
Re: Manning Lists
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2015, 02:41:52 PM »
Well yes if we know the mission before hand. And to this CO:ing as well yes... I have thought that I could try to CO sometime if I would knew mission before hand. I could go looking around and familiarize myself with that units there is on blue side. Also. To make plans for mission already so not so much time is wasted to find all the good places. Especially when Im not so good in that.

I have noticed that some of DoW missions have been announced before play. And yet there is not so much detail of what tanks exactly there is on mission.

Also with manning list we could be having open talk of roles, before the mission. It would help others too than just one who is going to CO. Like who is going to have and what units if there is lot to take care of.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pain is the nature of life. it is the recognition that I'm nothing more. - Mark Rowland's

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2015, 03:20:08 PM »
Well yes if we know the mission before hand. And to this CO:ing as well yes... I have thought that I could try to CO sometime if I would knew mission before hand. I could go looking around and familiarize myself with that units there is on blue side. Also. To make plans for mission already so not so much time is wasted to find all the good places. Especially when Im not so good in that.

Having missions in advance has been an issue due to time. This is being addressed.

I have noticed that some of DoW missions have been announced before play. And yet there is not so much detail of what tanks exactly there is on mission.

When i post about the missions i usually let everyone know what the main vehicles are. Like this for example:
M2A2(ODS): Infantry Fighting Vehicle
http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbwiki/index.php?title=M2A2

Also with manning list we could be having open talk of roles, before the mission. It would help others too than just one who is going to CO. Like who is going to have and what units if there is lot to take care of.

Again this is a time issue and will hopefully be resolved soon.

regards
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Lumituisku

• HAVOC
  • Howl with the pack
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2015, 05:09:53 PM »
I'm sorry if those things that I wrote there sounded rude. It wasn't my intention. I think that manning list is good thing and I wanted to give some of my though's in positive manner. I had no intention to do otherwise like to address known issues as it probably sounded like. Thus I'm willing to help if I can.

Sincerely ~ Lumi
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pain is the nature of life. it is the recognition that I'm nothing more. - Mark Rowland's

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2015, 05:39:12 PM »
Sorry? For what? All input is valued :)
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Cougar11

• HAVOC
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2015, 04:04:11 PM »
Good ideas Lumi, and Asid is right, we are working on a solution for the regular missions, and the time prior to game day the mission is known. For larger/complex missions a manning list would be great, and we have kinda done it in the past on a couple occasions. More planning and preparing is still needed, and in time we will get that all sorted out as well, on how we go about doing that, and when etc.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Beef

• HAVOC
  • Bellum Simulatis
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2015, 04:06:15 PM »
I think a manning list would be very helpful as it gives the community a view of who is planning to attend and what vehicles are available.

For me, being able to study the terrain and mission objective is huge. I'm glad to hear the issue of having the mission in advance is being addressed. I'd like to be able to prepare for the mission in advance.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2015, 05:39:52 PM »
They way it would work is that missions would be pre-selected for the "pool" and if you wanted to CO a specific mission then you could ask for that mission to be removed from the pool for a short while as you would CO it. Then you can take your time and develop a plan in your own time then let the group know that you are ready. This would go a long way towards getting other players to CO missions.

I think a week in advance would be ideal for the group to fill the manning list.

What do you guys think?
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Lumituisku

• HAVOC
  • Howl with the pack
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2015, 06:09:57 PM »
Sounds good idea. I vote for this :)
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Stardog765

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2015, 06:53:19 PM »
I think this is a very good idea and I would be happy to help with this.

I think the first step would be for a group of people to get together who know the most about all the missions that are available out there and throw out whatever missions that might not obviously fit what we do and then we can make a list for everyone to see. Then its just a matter of zipping them all up for everyone and I can host that for everyone.

Anyone else interested in helping out in this effort?

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Cougar11

• HAVOC
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2015, 09:57:14 PM »
Yes this would be helpful.

We need to expand our pool of CO's, missions, especially on the DOW missions, and having a list of those that are going to be there would help in the planning phase (especially in complex, large, or more advanced missions).
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline RedWardancer

• HAVOC
Well...
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2015, 12:36:48 PM »
It works especially for those who want to command the forces.  But it also leaves open to anyone who want to just jump in at the last minute as most people do.  Either way, I'm open to it.  I just hate trying to plan a battle on the fly
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

Manning List for Large Mission Fulda GAP

Started by Cougar11

Replies: 69
    Views: 15153
    Last post November 14, 2015, 02:11:42 AM