Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: Rogue System  (Read 25625 times)

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Re: Rogue System
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2016, 04:22:59 PM »
non-Steam to Steam key retrieval and non-Steam eAccess upgrade
Sorry for the delay, and thanks for your patience while ISI got this going...

From ISI's RogSys webpage ( http://imagespaceinc.com/rogsys/ ), on the right side of the page, current non-Steam players can:

--Upgrade a $10 eAccess package to the $30 Core Module package for $20
--Convert their non-Steam Core Module to Steam via the Steam Key Retrieval Tool

And of course, there is a link directly to Steam to purchase the Core Module if you're jumping in for the first time.

Please note: if you try to convert a non-Steam eAccess package to Steam Core Module, nothing will happen. You will not receive an email with a Steam key.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2016, 07:25:17 PM »
On sale now

70% off £22.99  £6.89

http://store.steampowered.com/app/366000

You do not want to miss this  8)

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2017, 05:44:31 PM »
0.2.01.1--Progress Update
13/01/17

By Michael J

Hello everyone. I hope everyone who celebrated had a great holiday season. I decided it was finally time to get a new update thread started now that I'm far enough along and have something to show.

EVA Suit -- Base Model
Finished the base model for the EVA suit. Currently, it sits at 9K tri's; which I think is acceptable in this state. The helmet interior would add some more, as well as any equipment that may need to be added/carried.

This is the base model for the EVA suit. Currently, it sits at 9000 tri's (or 4500 polygons, if you prefer). I think this is acceptable--expecting that the helmet interior and any other carried/mounted equipment will add to it. Obviously, diffuse and normal mapping will add finer details.

With the model complete, I now need to unwrap it. From there I create the hi-res details to render the normal maps, then paint the difuse, spec, and effects textures. Once that's done, I'll do the helmet interior; and then get the whole package in-game.

From there, I need to add the main airlock to the Flying Fox....

So, my goal for this update is to get the airlock added; and have the EVA suit located in its storage locker. The following update will allow you to put the suit on, depressurize the airlock, and exit the ship.

Really, for now I think donning the suit will be very similar to, say, how it was handled in, say, Alien: Isolation: you'll look at the suit, trigger the interaction, the screen will briefly fade to black, and when the view returns the suit will be "gone"; and you'll be in the helmet. Should be good enough for now...

To go along with the airlock and EVA suit art for this update, I also want to see if I can fix the low-speed penetration bug (which sometimes allows the fox to pass through the platform docking collar); as well as refine collision reaction (which currently pushes the ships apart at too great a velocity under certain conditions).

Not going to give an ETA for update .10 just yet--depends greatly on how quickly I can get the suit mapped.

As always, I'll keep you posted as I progress. Thanks :)
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2017, 01:20:04 AM »
Update:
28/01/17

By Michael J

Hi all. Just popping in with another update--normal mapping for EVA suit is done... finally.

Just a simple comparison showing the base model with/and without the applied mapping. On the right you can see the high resolution modeling that creates the normals.

Starting color and effects mapping--those shouldn't take nearly as long.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2017, 12:40:40 AM »
Airlock WIP
New airlock section is ingame now...

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2017, 12:17:34 AM »
RogSys Enters Alpha With Release of Version 0.3.00.1
11 JUNE   - MICHAEL_J

Version 0.3.00.0 is now live....

I will not pretend by saying the time lapse between the last update and this one has not been excessive. It has. Without offering up a slew of excuses, I will tell you that a lot has happened, both work-related and personally, that greatly exaggerated this update's development cycle. With a sigh of relief, I'm happy to say I've come out on the other side, and development is once again moving at pace.

That said, I'm happy to introduce extra-vehicular activity suits (EVAS). You can enter the airlock, put on the EVA suit and helmet, and then command the exterior to open. The airlock is sealed and depressurized, and once done you are free to use the EVAS RCS thrusters to maneuver in open space. When finished, you can re-enter the airlock, seal it, and remove the suit once the airlock is re-pressurized.

There are a few minor things to know about this initial EVAS implementation. Please see the release thread here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/366000/discussions/0/1354868867721631189/

The good news is that with the completion of this update's work, all required functions for RogSys have been prototyped and at least initially implemented--EVAS was the last remaining primary function (and the ONLY one that had never before had ANY prototyping). From this point on, RogSys' development focus shifts to content creation, gameplay addition, and system finalization. In other words, RogSys has now entered a proper ALPHA state.

I am VERY excited to get this phase underway, and to begin seeing Rogue System move towards the final Core Module 1.0 release.

The focus for the next update will be to add some new missions--to extend current gameplay--based on the systems in their current state. I also want to finalize at least one ship system's functionality per update; and that will begin with this update. Finally, I will be adding a preliminary VMS HUD to EVAS to increase its accessibility.

As always, thanks for everyone's support!

For a complete list of changes for this update, please look here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/366000/discussions/0/364041776190769973/
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2017, 02:41:07 AM »
version 0.3.00.2 EVAS HOTFIX is now live (both test and default branches).

mainly audio fixes concerning EVAS, fixed some briefing text for the target ring rescue mission, and you can now perform EVA's while docking/undocking.

The full list of fixes are in the change log post. Thanks for all the early feedback so I could get this cleaned up a bit before the summer sale begins!

New Version 0.3.00.2 EVAS Release Notes
I will not pretend by saying the time lapse between the last update and this one has not been excessive. It has. Without offering up a slew of excuses, I will tell you that a lot has happened, both work-related and personally, that greatly exaggerated this updates development cycle. That said, I have come out on the other side of many of these challenges; and development is once again moving at pace.

That out of the way, I'm happy to introduce extra-vehicular activity suits (EVAS). There are a few details about EVAS that I want to make everyone aware of--hence the pinned post. Here goes:

1. The ONLY missions in which your ship is equipped with an EVAS suit are the two single missions. The tutorials missions do NOT include EVAS

2. You MUST put the EVAS body on first. You can not click on a helmet until then.

3. You MUST at least apply battery power first for the airlock to be able to depressurize. It's a current condition of the life support system. Also, the airlock can NOT be opened while you're under acceleration via MES, MTS, etc...

4. After use, you MUST stow the helmet first. The body can then be stowed ONLY to the same EVAS port as the helmet. For instance, if you stow the helmet to the upper rack (associated with the left EVAS port), then the body can only be stowed to the left. You should NOT be allowed to put the same suit to two different storage ports. If you can, please let me know--it's a bug.

5. There are currently NO default controls set up for EVAS RCS. You must do this, and can do so by going to Options/Controls/Ship Systems, and clicking on the EVAS system button. EVAS is a different control scheme, so you can assign the same controls to EVAS RCS as you have currently for normal ship RCS if you'd like.

6. When you enter the airlock, you can not open the exterior door until you have put on a suit. If you try, the exterior hatch handle will move, but the room will not be allowed to depress.

7.When the room does depress, when the exterior hatch opens your FPS controls will no longer function, as you are now using the suits RCS system. After use, enter the airlock and shut the exterior hatch. The door will close, you will return to FPS mode, and the room will pressurize. Once done, you can remove the suit, open the interior door, and enter the ship.

8. ONLY the Flying Fox currently has an exterior hatch, and you can only open the exterior hatch from the inside. Once we have given EVAS a good run-through, I will add handles to the ship exterior so you'll be able to enter other ships.

9. There are a few minor glitches with this first pass of EVAS. Here's a quick rundown:

----There may be some "jitter" if an EVAS slides along the hull of another ship.
----Some "wonky" collision can allow an EVAS to pass through a ship hull in some cases. This will require revised art to fix....
----There is no VMS HUD display for the new EVAS helmet
----Currently, momentum is not carried over when an EVAS switches from "docked" to "inflight"; and back
----There is a small lighting glitch when switching EVAS from FPS to INFLIGHT
----While the EVAS DOES contain a limited amount of propellant and life support that gets properly used, there is currently no level indications for either
----Currently, there initial EVAS implementation has no way to allow the player to grab on to objects and hulls
----Currently, you have to aim the EVAS at an object you want to interact with. Mouse-look interaction does not currently work in this mode
----While in EVAS, external views are disabled since there is not yet animated art for the EVA suit
----Sometimes, the local star glare is not blocked by internal ship art
----The VMS visor mapping is rather distorted along the very top and bottom of the visor. I will address this for the next update.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to post here and I'll do my best to answer them as quickly as possible.

Thanks,
Michael
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2017, 07:31:48 PM »
Next update...
30 OCTOBER   - MICHAEL_J

The next update for RogSys is scheduled for release towards the 2nd half of Nov., just before the Steam Autumn sale.

Along with the usual array of additions, refinements and fixes, I'm working on some new elements that I hope will begin to extend the gameplay possibilities for RogSys. I'll have more info on this with the update release itself.

Thanks,
Michael
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2017, 12:02:06 AM »
Rogue System Version 0.3.01.0 Is Now Available
Rogue System - Michael_J

Looking at the upcoming art for all this ships that will be required for the campaign missions, I've decided (since this is still a one-man effort) to move up some of the sandbox-like gameplay elements, such as an economy model and the buy/selling of trade goods. As well, I'll be working on the art and code that will allow you to upgrade and repair your ship. I think things like this will allow more gameplay possibility in a shorter time without the overhead of all the ship art that would need to be done otherwise.

To go along with this, I've introduced the ability to refuel your ship while docked (you'll need to request it from the station's STC). In the next update this will cost funds, thus introducing the idea of having to earn funds to maintain your ship. I'll be expanding on this over the coming updates. Also, the battery system has had its "final" revision, and with that it's now possible to remove a physical battery from one ship and put it in another. In the next update you'll be able to sell or repair used batteries, and buy new/refurbished ones.

The only caveat for all of this is that you can not yet save a mission in progress. This is the VERY NEXT item I'm working on, and I'll release an update solely for this as soon as it's finished and tested. Once this happens, you'll begin to see that flight hours DO affect the functionality of ship systems, and the need to keep them maintained.

I do understand that many of you are looking forward to the campaign missions, and purchased RogSys for that reason. I'm VERY sorry for the delay that this new focus is going to have on the planned campaign. I have EVERY intention of still doing them. I just feel I need to start introducing some gameplay sooner rather than later, and the only way to do that is to focus on gameplay that does not rely so heavily on art. I hope that makes sense to everyone....

Full list of changes:

•   Revised: PHYSICS -- changed how ship positions/orientations were updated each frame to better stay synchronized with collision system
•   Revised: PHYSICS -- further work on ship-to-ship collision reactions
•   Fixed: when hauling the target ring back to the station, the sim would sometimes crash when moving in close proximity of the station
•   Added: UI -- the load text now indicates galaxy initialization, and local star system creation
•   Added: UI -- the load text now indicates when headtracking has been activated
•   Added: UI -- the load text now indicates when Post FX's are initialized
•   Fixed: CAST -- instances of rapid flip-flopping when a character was tracked from one room to another
•   Fixed: CAST -- instances of rapid flip-flopping when a character was tracked from an airlock into open space
•   Refined: It's now possible to close the exterior hatch once outside of the ship during EVA
•   Fixed: CAST -- bug that was causing duplicate cast ID's to be stored as part of a room's character list
•   revised: BMS -- all batteries are now unbound from the specific ship they were installed to, meaning they can now be cleanly transferred from one ship to another
•   revised: BMS -- cleaned up battery update code
•   revised: BMS -- substantial re-work to battery damage code, fixing more than a few logic bugs in the process
•   revised: BMS -- re-introduced instrument display glitching via display hardware damage
•   revised: BMS -- re-introduced the possibility of an acid leak. The acid from a leaking battery can damage near-by components. This is core-dependent
•   fixed: after revisions to ship-to-ship collision code, impact damage was not being applied properly
•   revised: BMS -- batteries can now explode when beyond critical temp, possibly causing damage to surrounding components
•   revised: BMS -- batteries can now suffer "memory" problems, which is core-dependent
•   revised: BMS -- batteries can now suffer loss of charge due to cold conditions
•   revised: BMS -- batteries can now suffer a reduced discharge rate due to cold conditions
•   revised: BMS -- removing a battery while it is still enabled can cause damage to it
•   fixed: CORE -- ship acceleration was not always offsetting camera relative to ship orientation
•   fixed: UI -- if the display was set below the default 1920 x 1080 the look-at dot was not tracking with the mouse vertically, thus causing 3D cockpit control collision to appear "off"
•   refined: LSS -- compartment pressurization can now draw power from the critical bus. The critical bus only requires a charged batter, with breaker set, and the ship "unsecured"
•   refined: LSS -- the LSS power change now allows the airlock to be used even if a battery has not been "enabled"
•   added: BMS -- modeled, unwrapped, and surfaced artwork for battery component
•   refined: CORE -- component art has been "unlinked" from ship data, thus allowing components to be moved from ship to ship visually without any hacky data management
•   added: FPS -- items free-floating in space can now be picked up, carried, and released by a player using an EVAS
•   refined: PHYSICS -- ship-to-free floating item collisions now properly handled
•   refined: PHYSICS -- ship-to-item being carried by EVAS now properly handled
•   refined: CORE -- free-floating items' art can continue to be updated as required
•   refined: CORE -- free-floating item's functionality can continue to be updated as required
•   fixed: PHYSICS -- sometimes a collision with an undocked ship would sometimes cause the station it WAS docked with to react as if still connected
•   added: STC -- preliminary refuel docking service has been added. Tanks to be refuelled need to be depressurized, and REFUEL ALLOW should be enabled for each tank
•   added: STC -- refuelling can be cancelled directly while in progress
•   added: STC -- all docked services can be cancelled at once
•   added: STC -- departure requests can now be cancelled
•   fixed: STC -- the STC should no longer complain if the player docks and then undocks without shutting down the LENR
•   fixed: STC -- should no longer be able to get the COMMS menu "stuck" by attempting NYI service items
•   added: MISSIONS -- new "startup" mission goal. Currently trigger when a ship is cold-started up to the point the MTS is ignited
•   added: MISSIONS -- new 'rendezvous" mission goal. Triggered when the ship comes within a defined range of another ship (other objects NYI)
•   added: COMMS -- several new COMMS messages have been added in support of new STC "docked services" items
•   refined: COMMS -- made it easier to tell when a COMMS message is sent TO or FROM the player's ship
•   refined: ECS -- a ship can enter start-up mode with only external power. An enabled battery is no longer required
•   refined: BMS -- a battery can now be recharged via an external power connection
•   fixed: UI -- on one control button there was a typo of the word ACTIVE
•   added: ECO -- introduced new, initial economy code. Both planet-based colonies and orbital production platforms (NYI) affect local and (eventually) interstellar supply and demand.
•   added: ECO -- colony and station personnel require critical items in order to survive.
•   added: ECO -- a colony/station will try to create refined items (if their production supports it) from raw materials in stock.
•   added: ECO -- a colony/station will try to remplenish raw items locally, if possible.
•   added: ECO -- colonies/stations' economies are updated once per hour in the player's local system, and once per day in "distant" systems (WIP)
•   added: ECO -- current buy/sell prices are calculated each update based on item availability and critical need.
•   added: ECO -- job requests are made for critical items when stocks are low (an ability to access these jobs is NYI)
•   added: ECO -- job requests are made for items required to manufacture others (if the production allows creation of them) when stocks are low (an ability to access these jobs is NYI)
•   revised: ECO -- Species.ROG has been revised in support of the new economy system.
•   revised: ECO -- sellableItems.ROG has been updated in support of the new economy system.
•   revised: ECO -- the default galaxy file has been updated in support of the new economy system (NOTE: for the next update or two, the saved galaxy file in the player's save folder will be auto-updated at start up)
•   revised: LSS -- initial tank contents now relate to critical gases as defined by a species needs, which relates to items defined in sellableItems.ROG
•   added: CAST -- a Captain's available funds is now used to purchase cargo
•   added: SHIP -- a room can now be tagged as a "cargo bay" along with the available storage capacity in cubic meters
•   refined: SHIP -- a room can now be set to be pressurized or not. A ship MUST have at least one pressurized "cockpit" room (should be room 1), and this is forced during load
•   added: UI -- the pilot's MFD now has a "CARGO" page where cargo can be bought/sold. This was a very quick design and implementation, so only the bare minimum functionality is included
•   refined: UI -- MFD CARGO page now includes a list of the sellable items, and the colony's stock of each. The items can be filtered by class
•   refined: UI -- MFD CARGO page now includes an inventory of all items in a ship's cargo bay(s). Items can be filtered by class
•   refined: UI -- MFD CARGO page shows the total mass of ship's cargo, available volume (in cubic meters) remaining in bay, and available funds
•   refined: UI -- MFD CARGO page shows the requirements for a purchase (volume, cost), as well as the mass that will be added
•   revised: PHYSICS -- a ship's cargo mass is taken into account as part of a ship's total mass
•   revised: MISSION -- the "Test Sandbox" mission has been updated so that there is at least one orbital platform (current training platform used as placeholder) in orbit around any planet/moon with a colony (current these are the moon of planet 2, and the third planet and all of its moons)
•   added: MISSION -- a new "Test Ship Repair" mission was added to develop and continue refining the code to uninstall, carry and reinstall ship parts while using an EVA suit
•   added: UI -- the pilot's MFD now includes a SAN page, which offers more wake options for the current SAN implementation
•   refined: SAN -- now supports wake events for NAS trip warnings, time-based, and next periapsis/apoapsis event. Support was also added for specific NAS trip warnings, but had to be hidded due to last-minute bug testing...
•   refined: SAN -- better control over update interations over the course of a time value. Currently testing at to 60 updates per minute
•   fixed: TIMING -- a long-time bug was finally squashed which would cause unexpected "hiccups" that could cause system values to go out-of-range
•   added: UI -- an initial, VERY bare-bones VMS HUD has been added to the EVAS visor. Shows: center-point, available O2, available propellant, suit pressure, and exterior flood light status

0.3.01.0 ECO Release Notes

Hello all. As you might have noticed from either the readme or the update's announcement post, I've decided to shift focus a bit for Rogue System. I am moving many of the sandbox elements forward, and pushing the campaign missions back. The reason for this is simply, since I am still a one-man show (and since I was forced to take full time work ALONG with working on RogSys), it has become apparent that the ship are required to make the campaing missions work will leave RogSys in virtual "state of limbo" gameplay-wise. The art will just take too long to get us to a point where we can introduce significant mission-based gameplay. Immediately, let me state that I am NOT dumping the idea of the campaign! I simply need to introduce actual gameplay as efficiently as possible.

To this end, I have added (along with everything I WANTED to do for this update) the initial economy system, along with the ability to buy and sell trade goods. The "Test Sandbox" mission has been updated so that there is a station orbiting each body that can contribute to the economy--any planet or moon with a defined colony basically. Our current training platform is a placeholder for the orbital stations that manage the flow of goods to and from a colony. Later, I'll also be adding orbital production stations that create manufactured items from raw goods; and then these too will add to the economy.

Colonies have a population, and these folks require critical items to survive. Colonies can "die" if they are starved of critical items. If there is a shortage of critical items (right now, these consist of drinking water and oxygen gas) their demand will go up (the colony will send out a request for these items if needed badly; but there is no way to access these trade jobs yet). The idea here is to introduce the idea the items get used and have to be replenished so there is never a point of saturation.

Right now, there are just over 50 items that can be traded. The ones we currently have will need tweaking as to mass, manufacturer's base price, etc. These will be addressed; and of course we'll need MANY more items available (ideas are welcomed!). Obviously, the entire economy model has a LONG way to go still, too. I am in no way saying what's there is perfect. It's nothing more than a solid foundation....

To buy/sell items, you can access the CARGO page on your MFD (for now) while docked with a station. That is a current limitation that will be addressed. The bigger limitation is that you still can't save your progress. I am working on this now, and I will release an update solely for this feature once it's available. We need to be able to save so you can begin to see the effects of age-related wear on ship systems, thus providing one of many reasons to maintain your ship.

Another new page on the MFD is SAN. This is an extension of the current wake events. While in orbital flight, you can set a wake timer (in increments of 15 minutes), or you can select the next periapsis/apoapsis event). These come in handle while in orbit--waiting for another object to get closer to you. While doing a NAS transfer, then you have the normal XFER wake events. I DID add the ability to select specific XFER events only, but had to disable this due to some last minute bugs.

Please note: I have DISABLED the current key combo to induce SAN. You MUST do it via the MFD's SAN page!

Another new addition is a simple VMS HUD for EVAS. This provides information on suit pressure, remaining O2 and propellant, as well as exterior flood light indication. This is VERY rudimentary, but it does the job. We'll come up with something pretty later on....

Lastly, the BMS system received its "final" revision. As part of this, not only is it now possible to remove batteries from the ship via data, there is alsp a physical representation of them. With an EVAS, exit your ship--just above the crew compartment on the port side, and below it on the starboard side, you'll see a small panel with a panel number decal. You can open this panel, unlock the battery, and then remove it. Once removed, it will float in space as anything else does. You can grab it and move it around with you. Again, this initial functionality is a bit finicky; but it does work.

There is a new "Test Ship Repair" mission where you can practice pulling the battery from your ship, flying it out to another, and installing it there so the ship can be recovered. More importantly though is that this introduces the idea of being able to change parts outside of the ship in order to affect repairs.

Be advised: if you pull a battery while it is still enabled, there is a chance you could short it out. Turn the battery OFF before removing it (battery one is port side, battery two is starboard)!

In the update immediately after save functionality, I'll introduce the ability to be able to sell old batteries, and buy new or refurbished ones. Eventually, you'll be able to do this with all the parts that make up your ship....

Along with all of this, there were many other revisions and fixes. Please check out the change log either here or in the readme for a more complete list of what was done.

I know many folks (myself included) are looking forward to campaign play. I am NOT abandoning this. Nor am I moving ALL the items forward that were to comprise the Maverick Module. I simply am responding to the need to develop RogSys into something that actually provides goals and gameplay. Doing so will hopefully open RogSys up to folks who have been on the fence about it up until now. If I can get it selling more steadily, then my hope is I can return to full time development on it and press on with the other features as originally planned.

As it stands now though, I have to make best use of the time I have--needing to build many ships, each taking a month or more, BEFORE any gameplay can go in simply won't work. I've done a lot of thinking and soul-searching over this; and this new plan seems to be the most efficient way to move RogSys forward.

In any case, as always, thanks for everyone's continued support!
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2017, 06:21:15 PM »
0.3.01.2 ECO HOTFIX 2 Release Notes

Edit: I did forget to mention, I think, that you can now have your ship refuelled when docked to a station. You need to do this from the STC COMMS menu (Request Service). To prep each tank to be refueled, it must be:

1. Depressurized
2. The "Allow Refuel" button must be enabled (even though it still shows "NYI")

Once STC has an indication that at least one tank is configured, refueling will begin. While one tank is filling, you can set up another.

Once all the tanks that have been configured are fueled (or you cancel the operation), the service is completed. You are then free to return to STC COMMS and request departure, check out, etc....
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #40 on: December 24, 2017, 03:25:32 PM »
Rogue System Version 0.3.02.0 Progress
21 DECEMBER   - MICHAEL_J

I'm about mid-way through the work for the upcoming update. This will allow you to create a new career, manage saved careers, and resume a career. Obviously, this means being able to save your progress while inflight.

Being able to save and resume is a critical step in developing sandbox gameplay, which will offer you several ways to "earn a living" so you can maintain and upgrade your ship (or buy new ships). Likewise, you will begin to notice that the age of your ship, and the parts installed on it, will suffer age-related malfunctions (amongst other items that not having your ship constantly reset will reveal).

I've finished updating the galaxy generator, player avatar creator, and front-end UI to make use of these. All that's left is to finish the code that allows you to save while inflight. I hope to have this finished, and this update out, by the end of January of the new year.

Thank you; and for those that celebrate (whatever you celebrate), I hope you all have VERY Happy Holidays, and a wonderful New Year!!!
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2018, 02:20:16 PM »
SPECIAL PROMOTION! Offer ends 19 February

-75%   £22.99   £5.74

http://store.steampowered.com/app/366000/Rogue_System/
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2018, 03:02:32 PM »
Update from dev 9/03/18

Aiming to release as soon as I get the major functionality bugs sorted out, and I'm knocking them out as I find them.

Good news:
--I'm pretty confident now that all crash bugs have been squashed. After a lot of loading, saving, loading, etc., I found one more this evening that I fixed up. Everything seems pretty stable now regarding CTD's

--ships and celestial bodies are now restored to their saved locations.

--Fixed a few save format bugs that where causing data to be dumped at load

--ship system states all appear to be stored and recalled properly. I'm fairly certain you guys will find bugs concerning this; but I don't THINK they will be anything major...

Bad news:
--ships are restored with their batteries dead. I need to find out where the power is being dumped. I can't release with this bug because it defeats the whole point...

--The player is "stuck" in the middle of the room on reload. I THINK this is because the character is saved in the seated mode, but is assumed to be unseated on load. This is a must-fix item, too.

Very close now if I can get these last two items fixed up and add the UI "save and exit" option...
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2018, 09:57:37 PM »
Near Release of Next Update
17 MARCH   - MICHAEL_J

The next update is nearing completion. As previously noted, this will add the ability to create, save and resume a "career"; and being able to switch from one saved career to another. Saving your career is obviously as critical to dynamic gameplay as was the addition of the basic economy model that was the focus of the previous update; and I will tell you this was no small task to get working properly (and there will be bugs with it at first, I have NO doubt).

I really wanted this update out by end of January/beginning of Feb. I had some personal issues pop-up that worked against me. Also, I have to admit, saving (and more to the point resuming from the point of save) did not come NEARLY as trouble-free as I'd hoped for, even with all the pre-planning I did for it in earlier code. Quite simply, there is just a LOT of data to capture for each ship; and some of it was more problematic than I expected.

I will release this update to the Test branch first, and leave it there for a week or so, so that folks can report any major save-functionality bugs. I'll fix the worst of these before pushing the final version of this update to the Default branch.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Attila

« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2018, 10:08:18 AM »
Cool, thx for the info.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

Zombie Roguelike

Started by gameleaper

Replies: 3
    Views: 2544
    Last post September 10, 2018, 10:43:41 PM
    by Asid
    Create massive game worlds with Unity's Entity Component System (ECS)

Started by Asid

Replies: 0
    Views: 3252
    Last post March 20, 2019, 03:26:06 PM
    by Asid
    The System Shock remake is coming

Started by Asid

Replies: 3
    Views: 4402
    Last post July 02, 2016, 02:10:29 PM
    by RedWardancer
    Crying Suns Tactical space rogue-lite